November 2017 Discount and Code watch

Someone is helping me. She's having issues even though she "sees it." I'm on hold while she is being helped by a manager. Call has been 1 hour 15 minutes including hold so far.

I found nothing for AKL or BWI for either of my dates. I think something is off with the system. 11/28-12/02 showed not one single room discounted at AKL. There's usually standard views available, just odd.
Yes. I booked AKL ahead of timing because they are always the resort that has availability for promotions because it's such a big resort. Bummed when I called at 9 and at 10:15 when I got a CM, they had nothing

thanks for posting, I'm looking for Nov. 5th through 11th for a friend at Pop and this has been very frustrating!
I got Nov 3-12 this morning online. I originally could only get Nov 5-11, which I booked. Then I went in and revised it to Nov 5-12, and then revised again to Nov 4-12, then one last time to Nov 3-12 and it worked! I had to save it in between each revision.

I got Nov 3-12 this morning online. I originally could only get Nov 5-11, which I booked. Then I went in and revised it to Nov 5-12, and then revised again to Nov 4-12, then one last time to Nov 3-12 and it worked! I had to save it in between each revision.

that's interesting cause I tried several times this morning. Did you get a room only discount or did you book that "magical holiday" package that included tickets?

I was on the phone for 2 hours and 34 minutes. The girl I got was SO nice and helpful. She did everything to help me. She got guest services involved, etc.

I was able to get the discount (at POP) but unfortunately, since I already had a reservation, my entire stay didn't qualify so it had to be broken up into 2 reservations. It worked against me. The one way I would have had to pay $190 MORE because I had some kind of discount on my original tickets (?) and the tickets would cost more, and the first two nights would have had to be in Preferred, and the rest in Standard. Which would have been a pain to switch rooms, or keep checking for Standard to open up. And again, it was MORE money so that wasn't going to be an option.

The other option was to keep the tickets on the two-night reservation, and save $134 total, but then I wouldn't be able to book more than 2 days of FastPasses 60 days in advance! I would have had to book the rest 30 days in advance, and I didn't want to chance not being able to get Tier 1 FPs. Not worth it for me (personally) for $134. I'm used to saving over $2,000 with the Free Dining discount (which I didn't get this year because of my dates).

So after all that time on the phone I didn't change anything. Very disappointing.

If you think about the math 10% at Pop isn't all that much if it's room only discount.

that's interesting cause I tried several times this morning. Did you get a room only discount or did you book that "magical holiday" package that included tickets?
I did it with 5-day base tickets. I think it was the room only, but added the tickets when the option came up?

I got it at 11:18am. I would keep trying. And you can revise to add or remove tickets I think.

I did it with 5-day base tickets. I think it was the room only, but added the tickets when the option came up?

Oh, I clicked the Magical Holidays "up to 20% off" Special. That's how the offer came up. Then it gave me the option to pick how many days of tickets I wanted. (This is a second reservation for my nieces, not my personal one. They will be joining us for one week.)

I was on the phone for 2 hours and 34 minutes. The girl I got was SO nice and helpful. She did everything to help me. She got guest services involved, etc.

I was able to get the discount (at POP) but unfortunately, since I already had a reservation, my entire stay didn't qualify so it had to be broken up into 2 reservations. It worked against me. The one way I would have had to pay $190 MORE because I had some kind of discount on my original tickets (?) and the tickets would cost more, and the first two nights would have had to be in Preferred, and the rest in Standard. Which would have been a pain to switch rooms, or keep checking for Standard to open up. And again, it was MORE money so that wasn't going to be an option.

The other option was to keep the tickets on the two-night reservation, and save $134 total, but then I wouldn't be able to book more than 2 days of FastPasses 60 days in advance! I would have had to book the rest 30 days in advance, and I didn't want to chance not being able to get Tier 1 FPs. Not worth it for me (personally) for $134. I'm used to saving over $2,000 with the Free Dining discount (which I didn't get this year because of my dates).

So after all that time on the phone I didn't change anything. Very disappointing.

If you think about the math 10% at Pop isn't all that much if it's room only discount.
If you made your reservations before the ticket and DDP increases this year than that might be the discount they are referring too. We are booked in a standard at POR as a RO but called to add the DDP all before prices went up this year. I don't think there are any rooms left for our dates at POR and if there was I doubt it would be a standard. I keep trying to look at like we are probably saving more than 10%that is offered for our dates at POR. Well it makes me feel better to look at it this way anyway.:teeth:

If you made your reservations before the ticket and DDP increases this year than that might be the discount they are referring too. We are booked in a standard at POR as a RO but called to add the DDP all before prices went up this year. I don't think there are any rooms left for our dates at POR and if there was I doubt it would be a standard. I keep trying to look at like we are probably saving more than 10%that is offered for our dates at POR. Well it makes me feel better to look at it this way anyway.:teeth:
I mentioned the ticket price increase to her but she seemed to think it was a "discount." I don't think it was. I just booked it regular online.

I mentioned the ticket price increase to her but she seemed to think it was a "discount." I don't think it was. I just booked it regular online.[/QUOTE I booked mine online too but they call it a discount because the prices went up. I agree doesn't really make sense to call it a discount because it wasn't a discount when booked, LOL.

How did you get guest services involved? Was there an issue or just because of being frustrated with the lack of rooms available for the promotion?

How did you get guest services involved? Was there an issue or just because of being frustrated with the lack of rooms available for the promotion?
She could "see" what I wanted "available" but wasn't able to actually "book" it. They worked on it a long time. And I don't know why I felt bad I ended up leaving it as is after all that work, but I did. Meanwhile they should feel bad! LOL.

She could "see" what I wanted "available" but wasn't able to actually "book" it. They worked on it a long time. And I don't know why I felt bad I ended up leaving it as is after all that work, but I did. Meanwhile they should feel bad! LOL.
Yea the system is so messed up. They must get annoyed too. They are always so patient even when their computer is so slow and nothing works for them when they get an overload of callers

Does this not sound like the offer is for all star resorts only?
Experience holiday magic together with a 4 night/4 day room and ticket package for a family of 4 at a select Disney's all star resort hotel?
Just called and CM said it's for all resorts with some exclusions. So this whole time I could've been looking for that offer at AKL but thought it was only for all star resorts

Does this not sound like the offer is for all star resorts only?
Experience holiday magic together with a 4 night/4 day room and ticket package for a family of 4 at a select Disney's all star resort hotel?
Just called and CM said it's for all resorts with some exclusions. So this whole time I could've been looking for that offer at AKL but thought it was only for all star resorts
Sure does. I think that might be the offer I actually got on the one room for nine nights.

I think you can also add more room nights and more days to park tickets. Not sure if the discount is for all nights or just four.

I just checked my booking. It isn't called Magical Holidays offer, which was the option I chose. It is Holiday Magic package. ???

There were four options in the top to choose after you click the Specials link. The choice kept moving around each time to show what was available. It was very confusing.

Sure does. I think that might be the offer I actually got on the one room for nine nights.

I think you can also add more room nights and more days to park tickets. Not sure if the discount is for all nights or just four.

I just checked my booking. It isn't called Magical Holidays offer, which was the option I chose. It is Holiday Magic package. ???

There were four options in the top to choose after you click the Specials link. The choice kept moving around each time to show what was available. It was very confusing.
So so upset. I had the cm Monday morning looking only at 20% room offer. I am so determined to get a discount.

I am waiting for the AP discount for November. Hopefully will be released beginning of Aug

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!