November 2017 Car Rental Watch

PSUGuy

Bill From PA
Can't find one here, so here goes. Compact car from Alamo, 1 week, 2 days 4 hrs for $227.72, I'm an Alamo Insider. I expect to do better later from either Alamo or Dollar but this is pretty decent.

Update 2/8/2017 - Dollar Compact, 1 week, 2 days 4 hrs for $218.09

Bill From PA

Last edited:
Wow, I haven't even looked for my October trip yet, I usually just use Costco, and usually use Alamo because I like to skip the counter with them.

Wow, I haven't even looked for my October trip yet, I usually just use Costco, and usually use Alamo because I like to skip the counter with them.

For last year's Oct 12 - 22 trip we had our Dollar ressie on Feb 9, never got a better rate than that first reservation. I nail down a rate that looks good ASAP and then cancel and re-book if rates come down. Gives me something to do Disney related.

Bill From PA

Last edited:
Good to know! Southwest hasn;t released their October flights yet so I can't book a car.

When we booked for our trip this past November, I originally booked our car in August. But then I wound up changing it like 5-6 times and made the final booking about a week before we left.

OP Agree to book early & modify but depending on when in November, your rate will likely drop. I just returned a Midsize car on Sunday booked with Alamo for 11 days under $160 using DVC code & $25 coupon.

following - planning on renting a car in November! I had no idea there were car rental threads! So excited...

OP Agree to book early & modify but depending on when in November, your rate will likely drop. I just returned a Midsize car on Sunday booked with Alamo for 11 days under $160 using DVC code & $25 coupon.

This is the 3rd post I've seen recently mentioning a DVC code. I've been a DVC ember for 16 years and never knew they had an Alamo code. Can you tell me where to find it. I've looked with no luck. I have used the AP code before but not having much luck with it for my next trip.

Just booked midsize for Nov14th-20th for $175 all in with enterprise through Undercover Tourist. Alamo is definitely the darling around here, so I hope I didn't just make a mistake! (Good news is I made sure it's a cancellable mistake if it is!)

My family needs an 8 seater van (Sienna or Odessey) for 15 days so I checked Costco. I got quoted $811 USD but then Costco did a bait and switch and the reservation came out over $100 more expensive - and a crappy little pop up after the fact that stated Costco was sorry but couldn't honour the price quote.

Is $1000 USD what I should expect to pay for my family of 7?!

This is the 3rd post I've seen recently mentioning a DVC code. I've been a DVC ember for 16 years and never knew they had an Alamo code. Can you tell me where to find it. I've looked with no luck. I have used the AP code before but not having much luck with it for my next trip.

Neither are producing lately, wound up booking a AAA rate on Dollar (here now :) ).

I'll be watching this thread! Currently have a reservation that I am not thrilled wit, over $300 for 9 days mid-November. I am hoping to drop at least $100 from that

I booked through autoslash for the first week of november (8 days total). Full size - $250.00. The current booking I have is with Hertz. Hoping to get it down a little more, but happy with $250 as well.

Update: Both Alamo and Dollar are starting to tick down a bit. The rental I posted at the top is now $2 or so lower, I'm not going to cancel and re-book for that but I'll keep my eye on it.

Bill From PA

I currently have a booking with National for Nov 8-14, Midsize (Emerald Aisle) for $296.24.

I'm double booked with Alamo for the same days. same size car for $162.84.

I'll likely wind up with Alamo, but I've always preferred National, and it's hard to leave them. Though, our last trip where I rented a car was with Alamo, and I had no issues. Same company anyway, and mostly the same fleet.

Oh, and neither have any codes yet. I'm off my game and haven't figured any out.

Neither are producing lately, wound up booking a AAA rate on Dollar (here now :) ).
I would like to know where we find this DVC code as well. Even if it is not producing, I would still like to be able to search for myself but have never seen this. Where do we find it? Also, where is the $25 code?

Dollar keeps inching down, less than one dollar so I'll hold off for a while. On my dates for 10 days, compact car:

Rental Time:
1 Week at $101.15 per week. Unlimited mileage. 3 Extra Days at $15.99 per day.
Approx. Total
$217.91

Bill From PA

Third reservation change, got a mid sized car from Dollar for $218.03, bigger car for pennies more than a compact. 10 day rental.

Bill From PA

arg-guessing Thanksgiving week is much higher? The "lock in" rate is $214 (11/18-11/27). Not sure if we are flying into Sanford or MCO at this point, depends on flights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter