November 17th, 2017 - Thanksgiving on the Wonder - 7 night Galveston

usafvet

Mouseketeer
Hi there everyone,

I thought I'd create a thread for the Disney Wonder Cruise sailing out of Galveston November 17th-24th 2017 (basically the Thanksgiving cruise). This thread will allow everyone sailing to communicate as well as sign up for Fish Extenders (FE)s and other activities we can plan in the future.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Last edited:
We are sailing on Nov 10, 2017 but I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed being a part of your Fish Extenders group on our last cruise, Nov 2015! Hope you guys have a great 2017 Thanksgiving Cruise. We did Thanksgiving in 2013, our first cruise. After two Bahamas' we decided to try the Caribbean this cruise. I don't know how I feel about missing Castaway Cay but we gotta try!

I have signed up for this cruise. My husband and I are taking our two grandsons on their first Disney Cruise. Our last Disney Cruise was in 1999 when our grandsons' mom was 16. They will be 11 and 9 when we go and they are very excited. They also have wanted to go to Atlantis and I'm glad we can include that on the cruise.

Hello all! My name is Brandy and my party and I just rebooked while onboard the Disney Fantasy 7 Night Eastern Caribbean last week. We are all from the Houston area so this will be an easy drive down for us this time. And I'm really excited to NOT have to take my daughter out of school for this one. Homework was a NIGHTMARE! This will be my first sailing out of Galveston, and first Christmas themed cruise. I've been on 4 Disney cruises before and I don't ever want to sail with anyone else. (SPOILED!) This last sailing was to celebrate my daughter (9) successfully completing her chemotherapy and being cancer free! I haven't been on the Wonder in about a decade, so I'm eager to see the updates. I know nothing about them yet. This will be myself, my DD(9) Lily Belle, my DM Sandra Metoyer, DA Sebrina Reyes and DU Roy Reyes.

Just signed the family up for this one. Me Lisa (Platinum on Disney), Husband John (Platinum on Disney), Daughter Josephine (will be platinum after this cruise), Son In Law Kevin (Gold on this cruise), Grandson Bear (6 years old and gold) and Rafe (who is yet to be born but is due within the next two weeks). I have been on all four of the ships. My daughter and husband will have been on all four ships after this cruise! Son In Law is catching up because he was deployed a couple of times when we cruised. We sailed out of Galveston on the Inaugural Sail and on the what was to be the Final sail. We are looking forward to driving and not flying this time. Went on the Thanksgiving cruise in 2015 out of Port Canaveral. Can't wait to do it again.

Hi everyone,

This is my third attempt at posting because this thread is having issues. Just wanted to wish everyone a happy new year and hope that your Christmas was a nice one. Just think, when we sail out for this upcoming cruise we'll be about to celebrate Christmas 2017!

If anyone is interested in doing a fish extender, let's go ahead and create a sign up list through these forums. If you don't know what a fish extender is, just google it (I would provide a link for you but I learned that posting external links is a no-no in these forums...got me banned for a month).

Let's create a sign up like this:

Name - people in your party - cabin number.

Here is mine for example:

Usafvet - Danny (38), Alyshia (42), Caleb (11), Anna (7). Cabin #6620

If you don't want to reveal names & ages, you can do it like this:

usafvet (usersame on here) - DH (darling husband), DW (darling wife), DS (Darling Son), DD (darling daughter). Cabin #6620.

If you want to participate, you can sign up by adding the info like explained above and then I'll add it onto the list. No doubt the list will grow as the year progresses, maybe we'll have a cut off at 20. Since some folks usually like making fish extender gifts and need a count of how many cabins to accommodate, I think it would be best to have the cut off of the list Oct 1st. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, feel free to post away.

Thanks and happy new year to everyone.

Last edited:
Hi, I created a group on FB.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/387856198235096/

/QUOTE="usafvet, post: 55858251, member: 415415"]Hi there everyone,

I thought I'd create a thread for the Disney Wonder Cruise sailing out of Galveston November 17th-24th 2017 (basically the Thanksgiving cruise). This thread will allow everyone sailing to communicate as well as sign up for Fish Extenders (FE)s and other activities we can plan in the future.

Hope everyone is doing well.[/QUOTE]

Hi everyone,

This is my third attempt at posting because this thread is having issues. Just wanted to wish everyone a happy new year and hope that your Christmas was a nice one. Just think, when we sail out for this upcoming cruise we'll be about to celebrate Christmas 2017!

If anyone is interested in doing a fish extender, let's go ahead and create a sign up list through these forums. If you don't know what a fish extender is, just google it (I would provide a link for you but I learned that posting external links is a no-no in these forums...got me banned for a month).

Let's create a sign up like this:

Name - people in your party - cabin number.

Here is mine for example:

Usafvet - Danny (38), Alyshia (42), Caleb (11), Anna (7). Cabin #6620

If you don't want to reveal names & ages, you can do it like this:

usafvet (usersame on here) - DH (darling husband), DW (darling wife), DS (Darling Son), DD (darling daughter). Cabin #6620.

If you want to participate, you can sign up by adding the info like explained above and then I'll add it onto the list. No doubt the list will grow as the year progresses, maybe we'll have a cut off at 20. Since some folks usually like making fish extender gifts and need a count of how many cabins to accommodate, I think it would be best to have the cut off of the list Oct 1st. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, feel free to post away.

Thanks and happy new year to everyone.
Would love to add you as an admin to the Facebook group I created. https://www.facebook.com/groups/387856198235096/

Hey friends, we just pulled the trigger and booked this cruise. This will be our third Disney cruise, 2nd time on the Wonder.
We live in Fort Worth, TX, and this is our first cruise out of Galveston. It's going to be so nice not to have to schlep the whole family to Florida.

I'd like to join the FE group, but I apologize in advance if I don't hand out as much as others. I know some folks bring whole suitcases full of crafty goodies to give out, and God bless 'em, but I have not attained that level of organization.

Anyway, here are our details:
Cabin 6506: Melanie (37), DH Chris (43), DD Allison (12), DS Joshua (10)

See ya' real soon.

We will be on board the Wonder for 11.17-11.24 and are super excited for our first Disney Cruise. We were originally scheduled on the Disney Dream for a family wedding and Hurricane Matthew cancelled that trip. We were able to rebook on an even better cruise and bonus, no flying.
We would very much like to participate in the FE group if you still have availability.
Cabin-8036 Jamie, DH John, DD Maren (8), DS Jack (6)

I was unable to access the FB page listed in the link above.

Hey everyone. Here is who showed interest in participating in the FE for this cruise.

1.) Usafvet - Danny (38), Alyshia (42), DS Caleb (11), DD Anna (7). Cabin #6620

2.) Melobbs- Melanie (37), DH Chris (43), DD Allison (12), DS Joshua (10)

3.) JAWHeld - Jamie, DH John, DD Maren (8), DS Jack (6)

If anyone is interested in signing up for the FE group, let me know in this thread (provide the info as shown above) and I'll add you to this list.

If you are unfamiliar with the FE exchange and want to learn more about it, I'd encourage you to google "Disney Cruise Fish Extenders" or "Fish Extender exchange" to get an idea.

Hey everyone. Here is who showed interest in participating in the FE for this cruise.

1.) Usafvet - Danny (38), Alyshia (42), DS Caleb (11), DD Anna (7). Cabin #6620

2.) Melobbs- Melanie (37), DH Chris (43), DD Allison (12), DS Joshua (10)

3.) JAWHeld - Jamie, DH John, DD Maren (8), DS Jack (6)

If anyone is interested in signing up for the FE group, let me know in this thread (provide the info as shown above) and I'll add you to this list.

If you are unfamiliar with the FE exchange and want to learn more about it, I'd encourage you to google "Disney Cruise Fish Extenders" or "Fish Extender exchange" to get an idea.

I would like to participate.

Jennacero12 - Steven (66), Cindy (61), Luis (38), Jen (37), Nina (13), Toby (8), and Sandi (3) #7505 and #7507

Hi Jennacero12, I will add you onto the list.

Here is an updated list for the FE exchange.

1.) Usafvet - Danny (38), Alyshia (42), DS Caleb (11), DD Anna (8). Cabin #6620

2.) Melobbs- Melanie (37), DH Chris (43), DD Allison (12), DS Joshua (10). Cabin #6506

3.) JAWHeld - Jamie, DH John, DD Maren (8), DS Jack (6). Cabin #8036

4.) Jennacero12 - Steven (66), Cindy (61), Luis (38), Jen (37), Nina (13), Toby (8), and Sandi (3). Cabin #7505 and #7507

We'd like to participate please!
Mom & Dad, DS Andrew (12), DD Alex (Alexandria) (9)
I'll have to go lookup our cabin number! :)

Hi there! I will gladly add you to the FE list. Let us know your cabin number when you can.

2.) Melobbs - Melanie (37), DH Chris (43), DD Allison (12), DS Joshua (10). Cabin #6506

4.) Jennacero12 - Steven (66), Cindy (61), Luis (38), Jen (37), Nina (13), Toby (8), and Sandi (3). Cabin #7505 and #7507

5.) Perkies - Mom & Dad, DS Andrew (12), DD Alex (Alexandria) (9). Cabin #

We would like to participate in the FE exchange. Our Group includes Gigi (me), Grandpa, Grandson Ashton (11), Grandson Andy (9) Our cabin is #8018. Never done this before but I'm a willing learner!

Hi GailM, I will add you to the FE list. To get an idea about what the FE is about, you can google it and find plenty of information. I'd provide the link for you but I've learned that sharing outside links to these forums is no permited...I shared a page about FEs on a previous cruise forum and I ended up getting banned for a month by the administrators for breaking the forum rules.

That stated, you can google about fish extenders on Disney cruises on google and find tons of information. You can also by a fish extender pocket thingy to hang by your door on places like ebay...many sellers on there make them and can personalize them for you.

2.) Melobbs - Melanie (37), DH Chris (43), DD Allison (12), DS Joshua (10). Cabin #6506

5.) Perkies - Mom & Dad, DS Andrew (12), DD Alex (Alexandria) (9). Cabin #5012

6.) GailM - Gigi (me), Grandpa, Grandson Ashton (11), Grandson Andy (9). Cabin #8018

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter