November 10, 2018 - Disney Fantasy 7-Night Very MerryTime Western Caribbean

Final payment is made :banana: and only 97 more days to go!

Hip Hip Hooray!!

Yes, should open at midnight EST. For my first DCL cruise in May 2017, the booking window didn't open until around 1:00 am. I hope Disney's systems will be up an running this year!

Thank You, I'll be up all night into the wee-hours I bet. I'm thankful it isn't on a weeknight! My son starts school tomorrow, and my daughter starts on the 13th! August is a busy month here.

Final payment is made, and I am soo excited about joining you all on this cruise. It will be me, my dh, dd16, dd15 and my ds 8. This will be our 4th cruise but the first on the fantasy. :)

Final payment is made, and I am soo excited about joining you all on this cruise. It will be me, my dh, dd16, dd15 and my ds 8. This will be our 4th cruise but the first on the fantasy. :)

Welcome! We're so excited as well, can't believe we are already in double digits! It is our first time on the Fantasy also.

The fall season is SO hectic for me, time is going to fly I just know it! School starting and homework helper every-night, orientations, soccer, consignment sales, bible study starts, Christmas play auditions and practice (yes, it starts in September!! :eek: the show is in early December). Then birthdays/parties on top of all of that.... and I have to have time to plan a vacation!? :rotfl2:

I'm sure you all have a ton of things in this season as well, how do you juggle it all while planning a vacation!? We usually travel in the summer..

Welcome! We're so excited as well, can't believe we are already in double digits! It is our first time on the Fantasy also.

The fall season is SO hectic for me, time is going to fly I just know it! School starting and homework helper every-night, orientations, soccer, consignment sales, bible study starts, Christmas play auditions and practice (yes, it starts in September!! :eek: the show is in early December). Then birthdays/parties on top of all of that.... and I have to have time to plan a vacation!? :rotfl2:

I'm sure you all have a ton of things in this season as well, how do you juggle it all while planning a vacation!? We usually travel in the summer..

I don't think I have quite as much going on as you do, having only one DD11 but I still find it stressful worrying about the holidays and vacation. The plus for a cruise is that I feel it takes a lot less planning than WDW. I do pack more for the cruise than WDW which is a challenge but because it's fall when I start packing, the summer clothes are clean and hanging in closet, ready to be packed.

I don't know why it didn't occur to me until just recently that Thanksgiving falls that very next week after the cruise. It will just be us and my Mom though for Thanksgiving dinner and my boss already said I can take Black Friday off.

Do any of you have pets to worry about? I am so thankful that my Mom has agreed to house and pet sit for us. We have a Labradoodle and two cats that are 1 1/2 years old and are still in kitten crazy stage so I just don't feel comfortable leaving cats alone for more that a week. Mom house sitting will relieve a great deal of stress. We were planning to board the dog but weren't sure what to do with the cats. My MIL lived with us up until last year when she passed away so she was always there to take care of the pets. Miss her very much!

I don't think I have quite as much going on as yo
u do, having only one DD11 but I still find it stressful worrying about the holidays and vacation. The plus for a cruise is that I feel it takes a lot less planning than WDW. I do pack more for the cruise than WDW which is a challenge but because it's fall when I start packing, the summer clothes are clean and hanging in closet, ready to be packed.

I don't know why it didn't occur to me until just recently that Thanksgiving falls that very next week after the cruise. It will just be us and my Mom though for Thanksgiving dinner and my boss already said I can take Black Friday off.

Do any of you have pets to worry about? I am so thankful that my Mom has agreed to house and pet sit for us. We have a Labradoodle and two cats that are 1 1/2 years old and are still in kitten crazy stage so I just don't feel comfortable leaving cats alone for more that a week. Mom house sitting will relieve a great deal of stress. We were planning to board the dog but weren't sure what to do with the cats. My MIL lived with us up until last year when she passed away so she was always there to take care of the pets. Miss her very much!

I'm sorry about your MIL, it is very hard to lose a parent. My Dad passed in February 2016 and Holidays especially still aren't quite the same.

No, no pets. My husband and I had many fur babies over the years since 2002, I worked in a vet clinic till 2010. We had dogs, a cat, a chinchilla, and hamsters. Once I left that job and they slowly passed away one by one, I decided raising 3 kids was enough work for this stage of life. When my 3rd child was born in 2014, he had severe excema and we found out he is highly allergic to dogs and cats. We had a Husky at the time he was born, so we ended up having to re-home her. That was very hard on my daughter, since our Husky was a Christmas "gift" for her :sad1:

As my son has gotten older, his excema has calmed, but all 3 kids have come back positive for cat allergies recently. Both my sons with dog allergies. I had always wondered why the older kids had so many "colds", :rotfl: Apparently, it was pet allergies!
We will re-test every 18 months or so, once the allergens are low enough, we may re-introduce a pet.

The week after our cruise we are doing 1 week stay in Orlando, so we are also planning a Universal/Legoland trip. So on-top of the cruise planning, I have the parks planning. I guess that's the added stress of this vacation. It will be the week of Thanksgiving like you said, so I'm interested to see how bad crowds will be! :earseek:

On a non-related FANTASTIC note that I just have to share, my youngest is now potty trained and will be going to the kids club pull-up free with his big brother! :dogdance: I was so worried to not have any adult time. You can't believe how relieved I am and how easy it was to just put him in undies and go for it!

I'm now paid in full for this cruise!

This will be my 2nd cruise on the Fantasy (and 2nd Disney cruise). I'll be celebrating my 60th birthday while on board.

Last edited:

Great news on the potty training! Glad that worked out for you.

We've been to Disney Black Friday and into that weekend and the week after and it was pretty slow but I'm guessing Thanksgiving and the days before will be busy. Someday I want to go that week and have Thanksgiving dinner in a villa...maybe someday. There are some great restaurants to have Thanksgiving dinner though....I think we would do Liberty Tree Tavern.

How nice on the really long vacation!

I'm now paid in full for this cruise!

This will be my 2nd cruise on the Fantasy (and 2nd Disney cruise). I'll be celebrating my 60th birthday while on board.

Feels good to finally have it paid off. Makes it seem more real and that we are definitely going. Years ago, we had to cancel a cruise which was hard to do. This is our 3rd Disney cruise, but our 2nd on Fantasy.

Great news on the potty training! Glad that worked out for you.

We've been to Disney Black Friday and into that weekend and the week after and it was pretty slow but I'm guessing Thanksgiving and the days before will be busy. Someday I want to go that week and have Thanksgiving dinner in a villa...maybe someday. There are some great restaurants to have Thanksgiving dinner though....I think we would do Liberty Tree Tavern.

How nice on the really long vacation!

We will be doing Trail’s End Thanksgiving Dinner. Really excited to try it!! We’ve been down there in November before but it was 12 years ago, so I don’t remember much about that trip!

We will be doing Trail’s End Thanksgiving Dinner. Really excited to try it!! We’ve been down there in November before but it was 12 years ago, so I don’t remember much about that trip!

Trails End is a great choice for Thanksgiving. Never been but we have been many times to Hoop Dee Doo and they serve a selection of food from Trails End.

Is anyone else having trouble checking in? I’ve been trying about every hour since midnight.

I was finally able to pick a PAT at 6:15 am and got 10:45 which is not the earliest time but I’m happy with it.

Is anyone else having trouble checking in? I’ve been trying about every hour since midnight.
I didn't have issues this time. One quirky thing that happened though is that the window for booking dining (Palo, Remy) opened before online check-in. Once I booked a dining reservation, then I could begin online check-in. I am so excited as I was able to get a reservation for Palo brunch. I really wanted one on my last cruise (which was my first DCL cruise) but never could get one.

I was able to secure a PAT at 10:30 which I think is the earliest time. Don't know if I'll arrive at the terminal this early though. It's such a bear hauling your stuff all over the ship before you can access your stateroom at 1:30. I thinking of not arriving at the port until around 1:00 PM so I can drop all of my carry-on stuff and wine in my stateroom before heading to Cabanas for lunch. Since this is a 7 day, I'm not too worried about getting on the ship as early as possible. However once embarkation day arrives, I might change my mind!

Last edited:
I didn't have issues this time. One quirky thing that happened though is that the window for booking dining (Palo, Remy) opened before online check-in. Once I booked a dining reservation, then I could begin online check-in. I am so excited as I was able to get a reservation for Palo brunch. I really wanted one on my last cruise (which was my first DCL cruise) but never could get one.

I was able to secure a PAT at 10:30 which I think is the earliest time. Don't know if I'll arrive at the terminal this early though. It's such a bear hauling your stuff all over the ship before you can access your stateroom at 1:30. I thinking of not arriving at the port until around 1:00 PM so I can drop all of my carry-on stuff and wine in my stateroom before heading to Cabanas for lunch. Since this is a 7 day, I'm not too worried about getting on the ship as early as possible. However once embarkation day arrives, I might change my mind!

What time were you able to do check in and what time zone? I wasn’t able to at 5 am eastern time and the next time I checked was 6:13 am and I was able.

What time were you able to do check in and what time zone? I wasn’t able to at 5 am eastern time and the next time I checked was 6:13 am and I was able.
Twelve midnight last night. I'm in the eastern time zone (South Carolina)

I had a similar issue last year doing online check-in. My window didn't open until 1:30 am. It was quite frustrating as the next day was a work day. At the time, I wondered if it was related to it being my first cruise.

Twelve midnight last night. I'm in the eastern time zone (South Carolina)

I had a similar issue last year doing online check-in. My window didn't open until 1:30 am. It was quite frustrating as the next day was a work day. At the time, I wondered if it was related to it being my first cruise.

That is very frustrating to know that it doesn’t open up for everyone at the same time.

That is very frustrating to know that it doesn’t open up for everyone at the same time.
Well, it's supposed to. But unfortunately, Disney's computer system is unreliable and seems never to work properly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter