Nov trip for F&W, tips for doing one day at Universal

czall

Ears wide open
Lucky to score a quick 3 day trip to the Food and Wine November 5-8 at The Yacht Club. We want to go to Universal for a day to see Harry Potter. Thinking the F&W may be crowded on Sunday - does it make sense to go straight to Universal on the 5th - cross that off and then enjoy the Festival Monday and Tuesday? How are the crowds at Universal this time of year? Does it pay to do the express pass for Universal - I know we need the 2 park ticket to see all of Harry - no kids involved here - just three crazy ladies - lol If we head the Universal straight from airport - can we send our luggage on Magical Express ahead of us so we can dab over to Universal? All suggestions and tips are appreciated!

If you get there at rope drop and are only concentrating on all things Potter, you can knock out everything. If you get there later in the afternoon, you should still be able to, just with longer waits for Forbidden Journey, Gringott's and Hogwarts Express (ride it both directions, it's different each way). Crowd calendars indicate moderate days for that time period, so that will help.

Thank you! I think my biggest issue this point is do we go on Sunday when we land and cross that off. Or do some food and wine and then do Harry on Monday or vice versa. Either way on Sunday we will not be able to get to anywhere till about 10.

I think that depends on how big of a Potter fan you are. If you are all HUGE fans, then I would go when you can make it to rope drop. I say that because there is just an incredible amount of detail in both "lands". Although there are only three rides (I don't count Hippogriff as it's a kids coaster, not really worth the time IMO) if you take in the "show" at the wand shops, eat at the Leaky Cauldron, cast some spells (if you pick up an interactive wand) you can easily spend a day there.

With the nature of the Food & Wine event, it's probably not as urgent to get there first thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!