NOV. Hours & EMH - ALL are UP!

WOW! I had no idea there was a walking path from DHS all the way to Epcot. How far is it to walk between the two?

WOW! I had no idea there was a walking path from DHS all the way to Epcot. How far is it to walk between the two?

1.1 miles.

You can see the route on my map in post #3259 above.

It takes about 25 minutes walking at a moderate pace.

There are also free passenger boats (Friendships) that travel the route all day. (See map.)

The WDW website has the following Holiday events posted:

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Magic Kingdom
November 10, 2008 - December 19, 2008

Join us on select nights for our merriest party ever, as the joys of Christmas meet the fantasy of Magic Kingdom® Park in this spectacular celebration complete with stage shows, fireworks, a special parade and more.

Holidays Around the World - Epcot
November 28, 2008 - December 30, 2008

Experience the joy and magic of the holidays through the celebrations, customs and characters of different countries and diverse cultures from around the world.

:rolleyes1 Still waiting on the "official" dates for Mickey's Jingle Jungle Parade (DAK) and The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights (DHS).

Special Events link for the WDW website: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wd...ing/index?id=CalendarSpecialEventsListingPage

Everyone have a magical trip! :wizard:

- Jennifer

The Disney website has the Mickey's Jingle Jungle Parade starting on November 10. It is at 3:45 pm.

:rolleyes1 Still waiting on the "official" dates for Mickey's Jingle Jungle Parade (DAK) and The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights (DHS).

Special Events link for the WDW website: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wd...ing/index?id=CalendarSpecialEventsListingPage

Everyone have a magical trip! :wizard:

- Jennifer

If you click on the day Nov.10th in the DAK calendar, the parade that is listed is the Jingle Jungle Parade (at 3:45) - that's the holiday parade and that appears to be the day it starts. This is consistent with previous years of having the is coincide with the first day of MVMCP.

I will seriously cry. I posted awhile ago, that a CM told me that the Lights won't be going on till after Thanksgiving. I still hope it is wrong and we at least see a soft opening.

start a petition!!

I will seriously cry. I posted awhile ago, that a CM told me that the Lights won't be going on till after Thanksgiving. I still hope it is wrong and we at least see a soft opening.

Okay, exactly what is a soft opening? Does the attraction operate at it would during it's regular time or is it somehow different? Are the lights just on but not dancing? I have an idea what it means, but not really clear so figured I'd bump the thread up again and find out! :goodvibes I checked the WDW site for the dates and still nothing, which actually is good news I think. If the other site's dates were absolutely correct you'd think disney's site would have them listed by now, right? Wishing and hoping and praying for lights opening earlier, in sync with MVMCP first dates, or at least by the 16th! :santa:

Okay, exactly what is a soft opening? Does the attraction operate at it would during it's regular time or is it somehow different? Are the lights just on but not dancing?

Any of that.
Running "full" or partial effects,
full or reduced hours,
every day or selected days.

Still waiting for the "official" word.

When the hours were posted we did not change any of our plans. We had all of our ADRs booked and we got everything we wanted including the times we wanted. We decided that we would park hop if we needed to enjoy EMH. But now if the rumor is true about Osborne Lights not starting until after Thanksgiving we will have to change some our our plans. It won't be too hard since we were planning on visiting SeaWorld the day after Thanksgiving. I called this morning and booked ADRs for the day after Thanksgiving at DHS. As soon as the dates for Osborne light are posted I will cancel the ones I don't need. But hopefully the rumor is not true and Osborne Lights will start earlier in the month and we can stick to our original plan.

Robo,
You should change the title of this thread to "Nov hours are up, now waiting for Osborne Lights"

Robo,
You should change the title of this thread to "Nov hours are up, now waiting for Osborne Lights"

I'll second that! I've been looking every day to see if they have posted the dates of the lights yet. I will see them no matter when they start since I have a trip in early December. However, I am taking my niece and nephew along with my sister in November and I was hoping that they could see them.

After all of the waiting and agonizing - we decided not to change anything that we have booked either. We got ADR's at all of the restaurants we wanted, so I figured why mess with it...
The only one that was earlier than I wanted was Le Cellier, but we have never been there before and after hearing about how hard it was to get in there - I decided to leave well enough alone. We have a 4:40 and will have plenty of time to eat and then wait to see Illimunations that night. We are eating at Crystal Palace on a non MVMCP night and are happy that it is a night with Wishes and Spectromagic. So, all in all I am satisfied. I do hope that we will be able to see Osbourne lights too, but we are only in the World from Nov. 15 -21 so I am not counting on it.

To those of you that are hoping they start Nov.16th, how about sending some vibes that they start a little earlier?? We will be leaving for home the afternoon of the 16th. I'm hoping they start the same day as the first MVMCP, which is Nov. 10th. :goodvibes Good Vibes everyone!! :goodvibes

To those of you that are hoping they start Nov.16th, how about sending some vibes that they start a little earlier?? We will be leaving for home the afternoon of the 16th. I'm hoping they start the same day as the first MVMCP, which is Nov. 10th. :goodvibes Good Vibes everyone!! :goodvibes

Im still living in hope it will be on on the 8th! I go home on the 9th

Robo,

Robo - I think it's time to start a new thread: Osbourne Lights - Waiting for Dates!

I'll second that!

Sounds good to me...as I keep checking this thread for the same answer!!!

Due to popular demand ;)

Osborne Lights-Waiting for the Official Start Date is up.

Click the name of the thread (or HERE) to link to it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter