NOV. Hours & EMH - ALL are UP!

oh I am sorry - I forgot you can get the paper tickets at times. just meant you have to prove you are a resort stayer which is usually the hard credit card like room key/ticket/meal plan card

No prob. Us brits tend to end up buying non-MYW tickets which are always paper/card but not attached to the Key to the world thing. They do other ticket options for brits so I've never had tickets attached to a room key. Would be nice though as it would reduce the chance of me loosing something :rotfl2:

Do they open up more seatings each day for the restaraunts? I have two that I want to make a later time. I just got off the phone and she told me these were the latest she had.

3:55pm for the Fantasmic Package at Hollywood & Vine on Nov. 10
4:35pm at the Sci-Fi on Nov. 7th

Should I call back tomorrow morning? I didn't call until about 7:40am instead of right on the dot (only had to wait aabout 5 min) or is it just a waste of time? Will they only have a later seating if someone cancels now?

In the past, sometimes, some availability has been held back for specific points in time (90 days, 60 days, 45 days, 30 days, 14 days, 7 days, etc.) However, FWIR, that is not the case as much as it has been in the past. You can call back to check, every so often; maybe you'll catch a cancellation?

Originally Posted by TheTXTaylors5
DH sent me the following information this afternoon from the Intercot website:

The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights
November 28, 2008 - January 4, 2009
Hollywood Studios
Discover a dazzling display of pure Disney delight presented by SYLVANIA! Immerse yourself in the joy of the holidays as you're surrounded by millions of blinking, twinkling lights performing in synchronized motion to memorable holiday music.

http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/...ecember_Events

I can't seem to find this information anywhere else. So, don't take it as fact until WDW themselves announces the dates. Just thought I would pass on the info DH sent me.

We were at WDW a couple of years ago for the week of Thanksgiving. I remember we were told that they were not lighting up the display until after Thanksgiving. We were at DHS (MGM Studios) the day before Thanksgiving and we were pleasantly surprised when the lights came on. So, they "may" light it up the week of Thanksgiving too. Just don't "expect it" from these dates. You may be pleasantly surprised.

- Jennifer

I will seriously cry. I posted awhile ago, that a CM told me that the Lights won't be going on till after Thanksgiving. I still hope it is wrong and we at least see a soft opening.

I will seriously cry. I posted awhile ago, that a CM told me that the Lights won't be going on till after Thanksgiving. I still hope it is wrong and we at least see a soft opening.

Ditto!
1228_sad_person_crying.gif

Do they open up more seatings each day for the restaraunts? I have two that I want to make a later time. I just got off the phone and she told me these were the latest she had.

3:55pm for the Fantasmic Package at Hollywood & Vine on Nov. 10
4:35pm at the Sci-Fi on Nov. 7th

Should I call back tomorrow morning? I didn't call until about 7:40am instead of right on the dot (only had to wait aabout 5 min) or is it just a waste of time? Will they only have a later seating if someone cancels now?

Think it depends on when Fantasmic is. If the show of Fantasmic is on at 7pm then the latest reservation will be around 4.30/4.45pm. It is meant to be about 2-2 1/2 hours before the show that they do fantasmic so they are all fairly early.

I tried to make Crystal Palace reservations for dinner on 11/25. They said the restaurant is closing at 6pm on that night. Is that normal?

Think it depends on when Fantasmic is. If the show of Fantasmic is on at 7pm then the latest reservation will be around 4.30/4.45pm. It is meant to be about 2-2 1/2 hours before the show that they do fantasmic so they are all fairly early.

Fantasmic is at 8:00pm that night. So if someone cancels, they may have 5:30-6:00? That's when I really wanted them. Is the "reserved seating" for the Fantasmic show really make a difference? Would I b better off making a regular reservation at H&V and then just getting regular seating for Fantasmic? How long is the show?

Fantasmic is at 8:00pm that night. So if someone cancels, they may have 5:30-6:00? That's when I really wanted them. Is the "reserved seating" for the Fantasmic show really make a difference? Would I b better off making a regular reservation at H&V and then just getting regular seating for Fantasmic? How long is the show?

Show runs 28 minutes.

No one can predict exactly how large the crowds will be or how early you should go to find a seat for Fantasmic! on any given day.
It has totally to do with the whim of the crowd at DHS on that day, and the general crowd LEVELS.
How much time you wish to "invest" in waiting is a personal decision. We never do the formal Dinner Package, and have always seen the show (dozens of times).

(Take all of these as "average" numbers, sometimes the crowd will be MUCH greater and the theater can fill up much sooner.)

VERY Busy days:
If you go to the first show of the evening (or "only" show that evening), if you arrive about 75-120 minutes before show-time, you can sit just about anywhere.
45-60 minutes before: Good seats
20-40 Minutes: will vary between seats at edges and rear of theater to SRO or even "closed" to further guests.

Busy days:
If you go to the first show of the evening (or "only" show that evening), if you arrive about 50-60 minutes before show-time, you can sit just about anywhere.
40 minutes before: Good seats
25-35 Minutes: will vary between seats at edges and rear of theater to SRO or even "closed" to further guests. (The crowd of "last-minute" arrivals can be slow to get seated before show-time.)

Off-Season (not busy days):
You should be OK to enter by 10-20 minutes before, but you'll likely be seated to the outer edges, and/or way at the back.

If you do the Fantasmic! Dinner Pkg. you still SHOULD enter by AT LEAST 35 minutes (much "safer" at 45 minutes) before show-time and still be guaranteed "pretty good" seats (not my "first choice" area, but fine), regardless of crowd-levels. Remember, the DP is only valid for the first show of the evening, if there are 2 or more. If you do have DP and you spy some seats outside the DP "reserved" area, you are free to choose to sit anywhere outside that area you like, no problem.

If there are TWO Fantasmic! shows in one evening, the second one will have lower crowd level than the first one. You can arrive a bit later and still find a seat.

Be aware that the second show waiting area will LOOK like the show is "too crowded".
That's because they HOLD the 2nd crowd outside the theater while the CMs CLEAN it after the first crowd has exited.

Then, they will let those waiting together in that big group IN... all at once, and there will be PLENTY of room.

(The theater seats over 7,000 guests.)

When you enter the theater, there will be CMs along the way directing the flow of traffic, but you may (if you are early enough to have a choice) simply choose any open seats in the theater to be your own.
If you want to exit more quickly, choose a seat farther back and to towards audience-right.
If you want to be immersed in the show (and sometimes, immersed in water-mist, if the wind is blowing "in") choose a seat towards the front.

We like to eat our evening meal while waiting for Fantasmic! to start.
You can bring in items from the counter-service places in MGM, or they DO have concession stands at the rear of the theater serving "baseball stadium-type" food and drinks. Yes, even beer, sold strictly ONE-at-a-time, one-only-to-a-person, so a single person can't go and buy beer for other members of a group... all guests wanting to buy a beer must be present in-person at the counter.
We have a hot dog, maybe a pretzel, later some popcorn or cotton candy (Disney Health Food).
http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menu_fan.htm
Click above for the "menu."

Fantasmic-BE-CU-051408.jpg

DHS-Gate-Fantasmic-051208.jpg

I've had the same conversation as we have a fantasmic for the 3rd at 4pm at the Brown Derby. According to other posters on this forum its not too bad in November getting in to fantasmic so you don't particularly need it you just need to turn up early. Dont know if this is true though as I've never been in November. We're going for a 5pm ADR on the 5th instead as I wanted to be in HS for EMHs and this worked better (also there are 2 Fantasmics that night so it seems a better idea). Cost wise we worked out the package meant we didn't actually save anything it was just the seating and turning up a little early didnt really bother me or my BF so we're doing that instead

Hey Robo! Would you happen to have an overhead view of the full walking path from Hollywood Studios to Epcot (and the Boardwalk area)? Thanks!!!!!!:worship:

I was there last year from Nov. 7-17 and they were up then - I can't remember which particular day we were there though - but sometime within the above time-frame.

We were there last year from Nov 7 -16 and we definitely saw them operating fully by the middle of that week at least, and I think even on the ssw weekend of 8,9. They were awesome! Same thing the yr before in 06, about the same week. I'm really hoping they will be goiing this yr at least after ssw on the 15,16. That seems late enough and with the thanksgiving crowds coming, you'd think Disney would be sure to have them going by the, it's such a hugely popular attraction! :goodvibes

I tried to make Crystal Palace reservations for dinner on 11/25. They said the restaurant is closing at 6pm on that night. Is that normal?

I got the same answer for that day for the plaza mulitple times.

I got the same answer for that day for the plaza mulitple times.

When I called to make a dinner reservation for 11/26 at the Plaza we were told that they stop serving at 4:50. I thought that was really weird. So we have dinner at 4:30 that day.

Why are they saying that these restaurants are stopping so early??:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter