Nov 13 2003 Will we be all alone?

Frieda

Earning My Ears
My husband and I and my DD 13 and DS 10 are going on the three night Wonder on November 13th. It will the sea part of our land/sea package. It's our very first cruise and first trip to Disney World as well. Isn't anyone else going to be on the ship with us? I was wondering if there was going to be anyone close to my kids' ages.

me, dh, dd9, ds5 will be on the 11/13 Wonder. We'll be at BCV before the cruise. Are you packed? I'm not, still going through the boards to find packing tips!!

Sue from Boston

Nope, we're not packed at all although I have an idea of what we're bringing. When I ask my husband what he's packing, he says "clothes". Sheesh. Doesn't he know he should be getting all excited and giddy like me? :D

We'll be there too!

Single Mom of 3 DS's. Too young for your kids-8,7, and 5.

Our first vacation anywhere!

It will be easy to recognize me! I'll be the exhausted Mom with three boys running around me in circles! And this will be AFTER 10 days in WDW. (Say a prayer for me, someone!)

I'm trying to work a full week, so we have more spending money, and pack at the same time. Its- um- NOT WORKING!

Sue from Cape Cod.

I'll keep my eye open for you and your boys, pershing. After ten days at Walt Disney World, you will definitely need a rest.

Thanks!

I'm hoping to have a very quiet beeper and be therefore able to enjoy some spa services.

But you're right, Frieda, about thinking this cruise is either low on kids or people in general. I watched poster after poster say they were on different cruises, with no-one on this one.

I was feeling like this was the ghost cruise or something!

We leave next Tuesday for WDW. I gather it's 'Jersey Week' that week in WDW. The whole state has Thursday and Friday off for Teacher Conventions.

It will be interesting to see how the crowds are.

:earsboy:

Halloween keeps getting in the way of my packing.

I just went out yesterday and got new swim goggles for the kids. They are not used to swimming in clorine and it bothers their eyes. I know I have a bottle of visine in this house too and I refuse to buy a new bottle until its almost time to leave and I still can't find it.

Getting closer now.

Well the cruise is definitely low on people who visit these boards. No matter what, it is still going to be fun. I'm not packed at all yet, but then we don't leave until the 9th.

I have a snorkel set around here somewhere. I should try to find it...

Hi Pershing & Frieda
Geez, I didn't know about "Jersey Week", we're arriving on Friday but I don't plan on going to the park until Sunday. (Hope that's OK with the rest of the family ;) I bought new goggles for the kids too, but I'm debating about bring them because the kids are used to the old ones and won't like the new ones. My packing list is all set and I'll just have to fill the bags. My kids don't know yet, I'm putting the hopper passes in the bottom of their Trick or Treat bucket so they'll find out tonight about WDW. The cruise will be a surprise, on day of checkout, I'll tell them we're going to look at the Disney ship for next trip planning purpose.

Happy packing.

Sue from Boston

Pershing,
are you flying out of Logan?

What a great surprise Sue. My guys have known from the start. I think they would have guessed from all the Disney books, videos and websites I've been looking at. I think I am way more excited than they are!

Yes, that is a great surprise.

And now I KNOW why you keep stuff like that a surprise, because my kids have been off the wall ALL WEEK! They have this countdown going on the number of days and its driving me crazy.

Sue from Boston, yes, I'm flying out of Logan. We're catching the 7:20 P&B bus from Hyannis for a 11:35 Delta Song flight. I was thinking RI Airport, but their fares never came down in price so I booked Logan.

We get to Orlando at 2:35 and are doing the 'stop at Publix' towncar thing. (Which reminds me, I have to call and confirm the towncar at least 24 hours ahead. I tell you, there are a hundred details to remember before walking out that door!)

But its going to be so much fun, I can't wait either! I just wish I was a kid again too and someone else was responsible for the packing and taking care of all the details.

For the cruise, I'm having the towncar pick us up at the hotel at 10:00 so well be at the port by 11:15 or so. Are either of you going early also? Did you guys sign up for any excursions yet? What cat.'s do you have on the boat? (You don't need to answer any of those ? if you don't want to. I'm just curious, that's all. We have a cat. 11 on the 7th floor mid-ship. I'm hoping it a good spot!

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

(These ^ are my kids right about now!)

The 5 year old just thought it's a Disney card. DD9 can't figure out why our neighbor gave her such a thing?? Well, I have 2 more surprises in store for them, one is a postcard from WDW and Pooh and friends saying they are anxious to see them in November. 2nd are pillowcases with their name and WDW 2003 monogramed for character autographs. These for sure will tip DD9 off!!We live in a suburb near Boston, so we'll have Back Bay Coach take us to Logan. They've worked really well for us in the past. We're renting a car for the duration of WDW and cruise. DH is a believer of coming and going when he wants. We are on a SPH on 5th deck. We are at Beach Club before the cruise. WHere are you guys staying?

Sue

DHand I booked this cruise at the last minute (like Thursday last week!). We've done a bunch of seven day cruises and needed a quickie DCL fix until our next Magic cruise in 2004. We hope to meet you all very soon! Debbie and Wes::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

I signed up for parasailing and banana boat for DD9 and I. But am having 2nd thought about banana boat, may cancel that one. Looking forward to parasailing though!

Sue from Boston

Originally posted by Debbie H
DHand I booked this cruise at the last minute (like Thursday last week!). We've done a bunch of seven day cruises and needed a quickie DCL fix until our next Magic cruise in 2004. We hope to meet you all very soon! Debbie and Wes::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

Nice to have such a veteran along! This is a first for my kids, definately, and I've only done the Barefoot Cruises, you know, with the tall ships and stuff. We actually passed the Island on one of the cruises and I remember the Captain talking about how it was still called Gorda but Disney had bought it and was doing something to it.

We did the FTP thing with All-Star Sports. That's how we could afford the cruise in the first place. We were originally booked in All-Star Movies but FTP wasn't using that one. The kids were bummed about giving up staying next to a giant Buzz Lightyear-but perked up when they heard about the cruise.

You'd think I'd be packed already, since I've had this booked since January/ then revised in June! No, I'm still going thru my list, doing laundry, and wondering what we can do without.

Tuesday is just coming too fast for me.

:eek:

Hi Debbie. Welcome aboard! We're doing the land/sea package. We're staying at the CBR first and then I guess we'll get to port whenever Disney decides to bring us. That's okay. We're not planning on doing any excursions or the spa or Palo so there will be no rushing for reservations. This trip is splurge enough. No extras! I'm sure we'll have fun doing stuff on our own though. We're staying in a cat 10 on deck 2. I can't wait, but I still have so much stuff to do here first like pack and clean the house and and and...

So, there'll be atleast 4 families onboard:bounce:

Welcome Debbie H,
I read your post regarding dress code for 3 nighters. DH and I are planning on Palo, but we're going with slack and sweater for me and jacket for him. (I'm trying to convince myself my Teva is dressy enough if I get a fresh pedicure) I hate to bring an extra pair of shoes just for a dinner.

Pershing, you must be going crazy trying to pack since you are leaving tomorrow but must be so excited :bounce:

When are you leaving Frieda?

We're leaving Friday and if I have to go to Target one more time to pick up something, I'm gonna scream!!!

Sue from Boston

We are leaving Sunday morning, so that gives me about 5 days to pack. Plenty of time, right? :D My husband does not have a jacket that fits so he will be bringing a nice shirt and maybe tie (I hope). I'm really hoping we don't getting any dirty looks because he doesn't have the jacket.

Well-

We're packed! Probably not with anything useful, but the darn thing is closed and I'm not opening it again!

Yes, we leave tomorrow morning, and I'm looking forward to meeting you guys on the boat. For me, this cruise hands me at least the possibility of a break without any kids. That's enough for me.

I'm really hoping my kids LOVE the club and lab.

See you next week! Whoopee-e-e-e-e-e!
:wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter