Nov. 10-Nov. 19 2019

33Legend

Mouseketeer
Just looking for some feedback on these possible dates for a trip with our family.
(Traveling with 6 adults, and kids aged 6,4,3, and 1)

Our three priorities are in the following order:
1. Lower than average crowds
2. Avoid as much heat and humidity as possible.
3. Try to avoid being there when Star Wars opens

*Nov. 11 is Veterans Day so I would expect that day to have pretty big crowds. But I would anticipate the rest of the time should be pretty good for crowds as THANKSGIVING is on Nov. 28 in 2019.

Do you think this is a nice soft spot for lower crowds assuming Star Wars isn't open by then?

Also, in your opinion what are the odds Star Wars is open by that time?

I know another option would be to go this Spring but that is going to be too soon for us to make it. We refuse to go in the summer through September with the heat and humidity.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts/ideas!

I would think you picked a good timeframe since it’s before Thanksgiving. I’m guessing the F&W festival will be going on though.

WE are going same week.
Weather will be perfect!
I don't expect Star Wars to be open by then.
Other then Veterans Day I am anticipating low crowds.

Do you know if this will be Jersey week next year? I’m not sure how early the educator conference is scheduled, but you might want to double check before booking.

That’s the only snag I can see other than Veterans’ Day crowds.

We are going Nov 9-16. Jersey week is the week before.
Fantastic! I planned this year’s trip for Jersey week, not knowing that Jersey week is a thing (we’re not from NJ). Then I came on the DIS where I learned about Jersey week, and my dreams of low crowds were shattered!

This year we will be there Nov 10-17. The crowd calendars show crowds moderate on Monday and low Tuesday - Friday. The Food & Wine Festival ends on Nov 12. It should be the same in 2019.

Fantastic! I planned this year’s trip for Jersey week, not knowing that Jersey week is a thing (we’re not from NJ). Then I came on the DIS where I learned about Jersey week, and my dreams of low crowds were shattered!
I wouldn't worry. We went jersey week two years ago and crowds were still low!

DH and I went last year November 12-20. We had only been in September before. LOVED the weather. Just lovely! Only a few drops of rain the whole time, low humidity, warmed up nicely during the day, then cool at night. I would call the crowds average. Mostly 5, 6, 7, crowd levels. We had no problem doing everything we wanted to do. Of course, with just the 2 of us, we had an easy time getting 4th+ FPs. Our first MK day turned out to be crowd level 8, but we still ended up with 15 FPs for that day. It was awesome!

Just looking for some feedback on these possible dates for a trip with our family.
(Traveling with 6 adults, and kids aged 6,4,3, and 1)

Our three priorities are in the following order:
1. Lower than average crowds
2. Avoid as much heat and humidity as possible.
3. Try to avoid being there when Star Wars opens

*Nov. 11 is Veterans Day so I would expect that day to have pretty big crowds. But I would anticipate the rest of the time should be pretty good for crowds as THANKSGIVING is on Nov. 28 in 2019.

Do you think this is a nice soft spot for lower crowds assuming Star Wars isn't open by then?

Also, in your opinion what are the odds Star Wars is open by that time?

I know another option would be to go this Spring but that is going to be too soon for us to make it. We refuse to go in the summer through September with the heat and humidity.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts/ideas!

1st week of March. As a LONG time resident, this is currently one of the most pleasant times of year considering both crowds and temps.

We will be there during this time too (10-16)! We picked it after extensive research haha. Jersey week is the week before, Thanksgiving is the week after, it's the tail end of F & W, and the start of MVMCP. Aside from the weekends, which will probably be a little crowded with people leaving after Jersey week and arriving for Thanksgiving week, the crowds should be really manageable. Always be prepared for every type of weather though. Based on my research it can either be beautiful weather or hot and humid during that time. More than likely it will be perfect though, especially if you are from an area that is generally cold in November, like we are!

We've visited during that week for the last three years. The weekends have been busy, but the weekdays have been nice. They've edged up each year, though. 2019 should be similar, UNLESS the Galaxy's Edge opens...then all bets are off.

This year we will be there Nov 10-17. The crowd calendars show crowds moderate on Monday and low Tuesday - Friday. The Food & Wine Festival ends on Nov 12. It should be the same in 2019.
Same for us, we picked this year as Nov 14-18, so glad it's not the week before or week after. As enticing as free dining may be, after I did the math, we save about $900 not doing FD during Nov 24th. Looking forward to the cooler temps

Thats the same dates as me!! I was so excited last week when Touring Plans emailed me to tell me the crowd level prediction had gone down!! Have you ever gone the same time in previous years? Its my first November trip and I dont know what to expect weather wise and crowd wise!

We have been there either the first or second week in November six years in a row. There was a light shower only once. The day time temps are usually in the low 80's. Night time temps have been in the 60's. NO HUMIDITY!!!!! Crowds are not bad even during Jersey week.

Going 11/3-11/11 - have been on Jersey week before and did not notice a crowd difference at all. Love the weather - as others have mentioned the low humidity is wonderful.

We have been there either the first or second week in November six years in a row. There was a light shower only once. The day time temps are usually in the low 80's. Night time temps have been in the 60's. NO HUMIDITY!!!!! Crowds are not bad even during Jersey week.

I can't tell you how great it is to hear NO HUMIDITY. I've been on many trips but humidity is always there. I think these November dates seem to sound like winners.

We've visited during that week for the last three years. The weekends have been busy, but the weekdays have been nice. They've edged up each year, though. 2019 should be similar, UNLESS the Galaxy's Edge opens...then all bets are off.

What do we all think the odds of Star Wars being open at that time? Everything for this time frame seems wonderful but if Star Wars opens it would blow up and thoughts of having lower crowds.

We are currently planning theses exact same dates :) Actually we are booking 2 different dates and will cancel one depending on SWGE. My first choice is Dec 7-16, 2019 (my bday is dec 11). I just have a feeling they will open SWGE at the end of November or in Dec so I booked Nov dates too. Hoping to really avoid it! But if it opens before Nov dates i guess we will just have to suck it up.

I think it's going to be really crowded in HS next Fall. Star Wars Land especially is going to be crowded because it's new. I don't think it's going to be better for awhile. Look at Pandora at AK. It's still packed with long waits and it's been over a year there.

Otherwise, Mid-November is a great time to go and should meet all of your priorities.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!