Noting a Birthday on a reservation

Katers

Mouseketeer
Hi! My DH will be celebrating his birthday while we will be visiting Disney this year. I’m wondering how to make a note on our dining reservations that it is his birthday. When we were in Disney for my birthday last year, there were several dinners that ended with a dessert (either something I ordered or something selected for me) with a candle and a birthday wish on it. I don’t know how my husband made that happen and I can’t ask him because I want it to be a surprise. I know he didn’t order a specialty cake or anything like that. Any advice is appreciated.

You can call the dining line and they can add it or your hotel concierge can once you arrive.

(just a note; we have had extremely mixed experiences with birthdays being acknowledged at restaurants so be prepared that nothing may happen/be mentioned)

Quite honestly, it's best to just mention it at the podium when you check in at the restaurant.

Disney has been overwhelmed with "special occasion" requests.

He will probably be celebrating his birthday with 50 other people in each restaurant.

They may do something special, and they may not.

If you really want something special, you might want to take care of it yourself...like ordering a podium cake or something. That's the only way to guarantee something will be done.

Hope that you get some pixie dust!:bday:pixiedust:We celebrated my bday last October at Disney for the first time, awesome!

You need to call Disney Dining Reservations directly to have this noted on your ADR. There is no place to add it yourself in MDE. If you happen to be working with a TA they can handle it for you. Just because it is noted on your ADR does not mean anything other than someone wishing him a happy birthday will happen. My soon turned 7 while we were on our last trip and it was hit or miss, but very appreciated when it did happen.

We’ve had mixed experiences as well. Any time we’ve had a birthday, I’ve added it by phone thru DD. Sometimes it was acknowledged and sometimes it wasn’t. Most cases involved a cupcake with a candle after the meal. Once my dd received a giant cupcake and a placemat signed by the characters at 1900PF. A card with a signed photo of Mickey was left in our room as well. I’ve learned not to expect much and am extra happy when the pixidust happens.

I agree. Very mixed acknowledgement of birthday/anniversary but as others have said so many celebrate birthdays etc., in Disney. Last year when it was my daughter’s birthday, which we have celebrated in Disney on lots of occasions (it’s in July so always go on holiday then) we went to California grill and I arranged for a cake to be brought to the table. Cake great by the way. Well worth it. I have learned it is better to organise and pay to do it yourself.

I've gone to Disney many times for my birthday. I call to have it noted on all my dining reservations as well as my hotel reservation. When you check in make sure to get a birthday button too. I've had good experiences with celebrating and having them do something. But I've also been in restaurants where they don't even say happy birthday or anything so it really depends on your server. I like the pin because you get lots and lots of people wishing you happy birthday which makes the day feel a little more special.

If you are staying on-site at a disney hotel, when you make your reservations, let the CM know you are celebrating a birthday. We go down every year for our wedding anniversary and that is all we need to do. Every night at dinner we are treated to something special, we get our pins, it is just magical. I also did it for my 60th birthday 6 years ago and boy was that fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!