Nothing at akl 6 months out really except savannah views.

So Savanna View villas are nothing? What a misleading title on this thread.

I just went to book a June trip and the only choice I have is a savanna view. Really?! Why is it getting so hard to book anything?

I used to be able to book jambo house five months out no problem.

I know it’s june. But I never had issues.

I never stayed at kidani. Am I going to like it there? I’m going to miss having the quick serve for when at the pool with kids. How is the walk to grab lunch and take it back? Is their a bar by that pool?

Can a moderator please fix the subject and AutoCorrect has been brutal on my phone

Not surprised one bit. congrats at grabbing kidani.

If memory serves, about 75% of the rooms at Jambo are savanna view. If you're limiting yourself to the other views at Jambo only, frankly I'm surprised you've been consistently successful in the past booking non-Savanna rooms on 5 months notice. At that stage, you're competing with literally hundreds-of-thousands of DVC members, owners at AKV and every other resort.

Yes, I've been shut out on value studio @ 11 months. I've been booking the standard, & WL/stalking, rarely comes thru.

Commercial renting & walking of reservations is becoming a factor @ 11 months. I assume it's the same @ 7 months for the leftovers.

There is nothing in Jambo. The savanah view is kidani. I don’t care what view I have to book to be in jambo house.

And I have never had a problem booking a standard at jambo 6 maths out.

This past year it seems like akl is filling up quicker. Even at my 11 myth window I had a hard time getting a value room for my parents for when I take them in the fall as usual. For 7 years never had an issue for 1 value at 11 maths out.

Via my checking seems like the first 2 or 3 weeks in Sept are typically open. Not so much after that. Very few slow periods @ WDW any longer.

the commercial renting is killing us i feel. i really do. my points are only used by me and only a family member if i am physically with them.

I think the only way DVC could restrict the commercial renting is to only allow 2-5 number of reservations per member to someone who isn’t on the contract. But this could cause a lot of headaches for some owners who treat their family members. Pros and cons to this sort of restriction.

Keep checking! I just booked 7 nights standard view at kidani for May today. Thanks to whoever must have dropped them. My 3 value nights at jambo are up for grab now in April. It looks like the waitlist works pretty well because three of the nights immediately we’re unavailable I’m assuming to whoever was waitlisted for them. I’m bummed that my April nights didn’t work out for me, but I’m very pleased reservations so far. Poly is my home.

For me at AKV it's all about the view. So I take whichever will give me a Savannah view. I have no idea why anyone would stay there and look at the parking lot!

So does anyone think that Disney might stop commercial renting of points?

No. It's great for them. More short term ticket purchases means more money per day for attendance, plus more souvenir money spent.
Plus, it's in the contract that you can rent out your points. How you want to do it is up to you.

So does anyone think that Disney might stop commercial renting of points?

I thought they did stop a family that was doing "commercial" renting of their own points a few years ago?

The rule of thumb is that owners can make up to 20 reservations in a 12 month period, anything over is considered commercial renting. I doubt there are that many owner that can make that many reservations that they have any impact on bookings.

Now brokers seem to be renting out tons of points, but that is all from individual smaller owners and the broker is just a middle man not a "commercial renter".

Owners are just better informed about the ability to rent out their own points directly or through a broker so less points are being wasted. Back in 2010 I bought a contract that came with 3 years of points and the owner had let the 3 years prior years of points expire. That probably doesn't happen as much any more.

Given that the resorts are suppose to be operating at close to 100% occupancy, the proper process to spread out demand is to reallocate the points. Disney can already do this if they wanted to, but they haven't! So the real problem is Disney failing to adjust the point charts.

Given that the resorts are suppose to be operating at close to 100% occupancy, the proper process to spread out demand is to reallocate the points. Disney can already do this if they wanted to, but they haven't! So the real problem is Disney failing to adjust the point charts

I absolutely agree there. People walk at 11 months for October, but when I look at non-home resorts at 7 months for the end of July, 100% of the room types were available, other than some GVs. Summer should be lowered by some and moved to the fall. Spread the demand around a bit more. If it is called "fall frenzy", Disney should do something to account for that.

A point reallocation would be nice for some of the owners, in my case school February and April Vacations in the Magic Season. Put the other side of that is it might be more difficult to book our vacations........

I wonder if they just got rid of Adventure Season and distributed the point reduction evenly through the other Seasons.

Summer should be lowered by some and moved to the fall. Spread the demand around a bit more. If it is called "fall frenzy", Disney should do something to account for that.

Disney's peak time historically has been summer and a few holidays (Easter, Christmas, New Years). In setting up the points charts, they made rooms less costly, point wise, during lower demand times. Since they introduced Food and Wine Festival, Arts Festival, Flower and Garden Festival, and Run Disney events, all of which are run during periods which were low attendance periods, you now have a reason to use your DVC points during the lowest crowd periods and lowest point cost period. Having DVC rooms open in summer is better for DVC, since it can release that inventory to CRO for cash.

Disney's peak time historically has been summer and a few holidays (Easter, Christmas, New Years). In setting up the points charts, they made rooms less costly, point wise, during lower demand times. Since they introduced Food and Wine Festival, Arts Festival, Flower and Garden Festival, and Run Disney events, all of which are run during periods which were low attendance periods, you now have a reason to use your DVC points during the lowest crowd periods and lowest point cost period. Having DVC rooms open in summer is better for DVC, since it can release that inventory to CRO for cash.

I don't have the exact numbers with me, but I am pretty sure that I have read that summer attendance has been dropping the past few years. I know anecdotally I can agree with those reports. By no means is it dead, but I remember the parks being much more crowded during that time of the year in the past. This may be due to people getting in on the "secret" of going during the fall, or that they are being enticed by all the festivals.
I like the idea of being able to pick any resort of my choosing, even at the cost of an extra $20 or so per night in terms of points, but feel bad for those who can't even get the room type that they are interested in at their home resort during the fall as a tradeoff.

I don't have the exact numbers with me, but I am pretty sure that I have read that summer attendance has been dropping the past few years. I know anecdotally I can agree with those reports. By no means is it dead, but I remember the parks being much more crowded during that time of the year in the past. This may be due to people getting in on the "secret" of going during the fall, or that they are being enticed by all the festivals.
I like the idea of being able to pick any resort of my choosing, even at the cost of an extra $20 or so per night in terms of points, but feel bad for those who can't even get the room type that they are interested in at their home resort during the fall as a tradeoff.

Or the tix increases have priced many out entirely, especially those doing it on a dime at the values. Even discounted rooms there can be pricey, was shocked twice last/this year to pay in $200 range on weekend dates - Columbus Day & MLK.

Or the tix increases have priced many out entirely, especially those doing it on a dime at the values. Even discounted rooms there can be pricey, was shocked twice last/this year to pay in $200 range on weekend dates - Columbus Day & MLK.

Once again, I do not have any official data to back this up, but it seems that attendance is more shifting than declining. I am pretty sure it is declining as a whole, as that was Iger's plan - charge more to decrease crowds but increase profits. However, I think it actually got more busy during the fall season according to anecdotal reports that I have heard, as well as wait time stalking. According to news reports showing that MK reached capacity by 11:30 on Christmas, and 11 on NYE, higher prices for holiday tickets are not scaring enough people away there.
Just a thought, but it could be that people are being turned away due to the really hot weather during the summer. I get covered in sweat to the point that my son has not wanted me to carry him by 10:30 in the morning. All things being equal, I would prefer to go in the fall as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!