Nothing at akl 6 months out really except savannah views.

Before I stayed at Kidani all I heard was how bad the walk is the Jambo for quick serve. It was not bad at all. Not as scenic as some other walks. But easy.

There is also a direct shuttle from Kidani to Jambo House right from the lobby exit. They even have towels in the shuttle, expecting wet people coming back from swimming in the pool. Makes the trip easy, I used it often when my beast was little.

I'm pretty sure they still run those large golf carts between Kidani and Jambo House. Sometimes it is faster to just walk though...

Last edited:
Quick service at Kidani doesn't compare to Jambo House (Mara) its quite a walk with food to go back and forth especially when its hot !!!

awesome. good to know. ok i'm starting to feel better about this. i have beach club waitlisted but i know this is a long shot. that pool in the summer rocks.

jim

You can always do a 2nd waitlist for Jambo House too on top of the BCV waitlist...just a thought...

We prefer Jambo House. We stayed at Kidani once and were not fans. We missed the Mara and Boma and the grand lobby and larger store. We also use studios and didn't like the layout at Kidani. Good luck....

You can always do a 2nd waitlist for Jambo House too on top of the BCV waitlist...just a thought...

We prefer Jambo House. We stayed at Kidani once and were not fans. We missed the Mara and Boma and the grand lobby and larger store. We also use studios and didn't like the layout at Kidani. Good luck....

i got a waitlist for a november trip going too so i can't. i have been checking daily for a jumbo house one. figured. long shop beach club. i totally do not mind kidani except for no Mara. It just makes life easier in the day at the pool. i know i'll just be hoofing it for us back and forth.

We have stayed at both, loved both but I prefer the pool at Kidani.

Are you in a studio or a 1br/2br? We love having the second bathroom in the 1br at Kidani.

I just went to book a June trip and the only choice I have is a savanna view. Really?! Why is it getting so hard to book anything?

If memory serves, about 75% of the rooms at Jambo are savanna view. If you're limiting yourself to the other views at Jambo only, frankly I'm surprised you've been consistently successful in the past booking non-Savanna rooms on 5 months notice. At that stage, you're competing with literally hundreds-of-thousands of DVC members, owners at AKV and every other resort.

There is nothing in Jambo. The savanah view is kidani. I don’t care what view I have to book to be in jambo house.

And I have never had a problem booking a standard at jambo 6 maths out.

This past year it seems like akl is filling up quicker. Even at my 11 myth window I had a hard time getting a value room for my parents for when I take them in the fall as usual. For 7 years never had an issue for 1 value at 11 maths out.

There is nothing in Jambo. The savanah view is kidani. I don’t care what view I have to book to be in jambo house.

And I have never had a problem booking a standard at jambo 6 maths out.

This past year it seems like akl is filling up quicker. Even at my 11 myth window I had a hard time getting a value room for my parents for when I take them in the fall as usual. For 7 years never had an issue for 1 value at 11 maths out.
Welcome to Fall Frenzy.

You can catch any bus between the resorts - Any park bus leaving kidani goes to jambo and any disney springs bus leaving jambo goes to kidani. You never have to wait long for one of those to pass by.

Prices at AKL on the resale market have risen at a much greater percentage than at other resorts this past year. More people must be interested in staying there than in years past. I have no personal opinion as to why.

Prices at AKL on the resale market have risen at a much greater percentage than at other resorts this past year. More people must be interested in staying there than in years past. I have no personal opinion as to why.

ya know i really feel it's a hidden gem. that's why we bought there. it's out of the way, but i still get to parks quicker than some of the resorts that have 6 bus stops. i love the surroundings. the lobby is so nice. it's just a great place overall.

jim

ya know i really feel it's a hidden gem. that's why we bought there. it's out of the way, but i still get to parks quicker than some of the resorts that have 6 bus stops. i love the surroundings. the lobby is so nice. it's just a great place overall.

jim
I agree. We stayed there last year for 2 nights just to get an idea if our little guy would like it and we both agree that we want to stay there again when the baby is a few years older so as to really enjoy the resort/pool. For the next 2-3 years we will be at near park resorts.

I have been checking Multiple Times a day to see if something opened. Now here is only Sarasota spring rooms left. Everything else is gone. U search for a studio and u get 1 bedroom options.

It's hard for studios, but not 1 bedrooms. Just looked because I'm getting ready to book, and Jambo is open for almost all of May.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter