Nothing at akl 6 months out really except savannah views.

jimim

DIS Veteran
I just went to book a June trip and the only choice I have is a savanna view. Really?! Why is it getting so hard to book anything?

I used to be able to book jambo house five months out no problem.

I know it’s june. But I never had issues.

I never stayed at kidani. Am I going to like it there? I’m going to miss having the quick serve for when at the pool with kids. How is the walk to grab lunch and take it back? Is their a bar by that pool?

Can a moderator please fix the subject and AutoCorrect has been brutal on my phone

Last edited:
The Kidani pool has a bar that serves some food, but not anywhere near what the quick service (Mara) at Jambo has. Sorry you weren't able to get a spot at Jambo.

Nothing is stopping you from using the pool at Jambo still. Jambo has a lot less rooms available. Really its not a long distance to go. We prefer Kidani.

Nothing is stopping you from using the pool at Jambo still. Jambo has a lot less rooms available. Really its not a long distance to go. We prefer Kidani.

With kids in tow I wouldn't want to make that trip to use the pool, just a little to far for little kids, but over 12 years old it might be okay.

With kids in tow I wouldn't want to make that trip to use the pool, just a little to far for little kids, but over 12 years old it might be okay.
I understand. but my dd are 6 and10 now and we have been using both pools for the last 5 years. They both have great features. The Kidani has a great splash pad the the young ones like.

Why is it getting so hard to book anything?
I wonder if Pandora and the new increased draw for AK park have anything to do with it. It is still a bus ride away, but maybe that is making the resort a little more desirable.

Can a moderator please fix the subject and AutoCorrect has been brutal on my phone
I think there is a little tab at the upper right of your post (might say thread tools ) you can correct it that way.

Hey everyone. Glad to hear this isn’t going to be a lot diff. We r so used to being in Jamba house all the time. Akl is our home base. We just have always stayed at jamba house.

Jimi

Ps oh plus toy story land should be open right?

Toy Story Land should be open.

The Kidani pool is neat. The slide is better and the splash area is really nice for younger (or older) kids.

Stupid question of the day.

Being there is no quick serve over there does that mean no soda machine for length of stay mugs? I’m a soda junky.

I assume the answer is no.

I just went to book a June trip and the only choice I have is a savanna view. Really?! Why is it getting so hard to book anything?

I used to be able to book jambo house five months out no problem.

I know it’s june. But I never had issues.

I never stayed at kidani. Am I going to like it there? I’m going to miss having the quick serve for when at the pool with kids. How is the walk to grab lunch and take it back? Is their a bar by that pool?

Before I stayed at Kidani all I heard was how bad the walk is the Jambo for quick serve. It was not bad at all. Not as scenic as some other walks. But easy.

Being there is no quick serve over there does that mean no soda machine for length of stay mugs? I’m a soda junky.

There’s a refill station in the shop off the lobby at Kidani.

There’s a refill station in the shop off the lobby at Kidani.

awesome. good to know. ok i'm starting to feel better about this. i have beach club waitlisted but i know this is a long shot. that pool in the summer rocks.

jim

Before I stayed at Kidani all I heard was how bad the walk is the Jambo for quick serve. It was not bad at all. Not as scenic as some other walks. But easy.
There is also a direct shuttle from Kidani to Jambo House right from the lobby exit. They even have towels in the shuttle, expecting wet people coming back from swimming in the pool. Makes the trip easy, I used it often when my beast was little.

Also, Sanaa has the best food on property. Have the bread service delivered to your room after the kids are asleep. It’s a lovely feast.

We had ours refilled at the pool a couple of years back when we went over there to swim.

There is also a direct shuttle from Kidani to Jambo House right from the lobby exit. They even have towels in the shuttle, expecting wet people coming back from swimming in the pool. Makes the trip easy, I used it often when my beast was little.

Also, Sanaa has the best food on property. Have the bread service delivered to your room after the kids are asleep. It’s a lovely feast.

oh ya i forgot about sanaa. you can get the bread service delivered for the restaurant? is it just on the inform dining menu or something different. i have only ordered dinner inform once when my son was sick and my wife and daughter bailed on me for the night. lol it was fine though we were club level at AKL. i was able to grab drinks all night and i ordered dinner. they set me up on the balcony. nice relaxing night. lol food was good though.

that bread service is awesome though.

jim

oh ya i forgot about sanaa. you can get the bread service delivered for the restaurant? is it just on the inform dining menu or something different. i have only ordered dinner inform once when my son was sick and my wife and daughter bailed on me for the night. lol it was fine though we were club level at AKL. i was able to grab drinks all night and i ordered dinner. they set me up on the balcony. nice relaxing night. lol food was good though.

that bread service is awesome though.

jim
The room service at Kidani comes from Sanaa. We did dinner one night that way during a very rainy trip. Yummy! Also did breakfast, which was also great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter