hellothere75

Earning My Ears
I'm going to be cruising on the Fantasy, 8-nights. I assume that one of the nights will be a turtle-talk with Crush night at animator's palate. I absolutely do not want to participate in this and even thinking about it makes me annoyed. I have no problem with turtle-talk and actually think it's pretty cool, but just do absolutely not want to talk to it.

Does anyone else feel this way? Has Crush talked to you against your will? Any tips to get him to avoid you?

Thanks!

You could always skip AP that night and go to Palo or Remy. They can tell you what your restaurant rotation is - and what “version” of entertainment is happening each night. At least shoreside concierge can.

Not many people are chosen to talk to Crush. We never have and didn't see many people doing it, either. I wouldn't lose sleep over it, but yeah, do something else for that evening, if you're adamant.

You could go to the Dining Requests spot when you embark (the same place someone might go if they want to request a private table). They can check your seating location the night you’re in AP and change it if you near Crush. But, like others said, few people are even close enough to talk to him.

Where exactly is this? I'd be interested in it for the exact opposite purpose.
It varies by ship and sometimes even changes from one cruise to the next. The location will be listed in the Navigator you get when you check in at the port. On the Dream and Fantasy, it's often in one of the restaurants. On the Magic on our last cruise, it was in the Promenade Lounge.

It was in Animators Palate for the first night on the Fantasy. My only complaint is that it was quite loud in there, and I couldn't really follow what was going on.

The chances that the OP will be seated at a table near Crush and then also chosen to talk to Crush are slim. No one is forced to talk with him. I'm sort of opposite. I'd love to be chosen, but haven't been.

I agree with you, it's a cool concept, especially for kids it's awesome, but I don't want to deal with it, and honestly, my adult DSs don't either. ;) One usually gets up and takes a bathroom break when he starts while the rest of us try to not look involved. He has gotten us a couple of times though.

One of my funniest cruise memories was the time I said in total seriousness, "Remember, do not, under any circumstances, make eye contact with the turtle!". :rotfl2:

Our table this last Fantasy cruise was right by a screen. I was so annoyed when Crush came over and starting talking to me! I tried to avoid eye contact, but there weren't really too many other people seated by us (we had a table for two). My dh thought it hilarious, but I got back at him on SWDAS and I made sure a Stormtrooper came up and interrogated him! Next time I will just schedule Palo for that night. Cute concept, but I find Crush irritating, I mean like DUDE, really?:rotfl2:

Crush is the reason why I like AP on the Magic and Wonder, he's not on them! If someone were to completely ignore him, would he leave them alone or would he persist like an annoying comic?

We have eaten in Animator's Palate countless times and have never been seated near a screen. The chances of Crush talking to you are quite slim. As others have said, you can ask where you will be seated in AP and, if you are next to a screen, ask them to move you. I'm sure another family will be thrilled to take your table.

I'm going to be cruising on the Fantasy, 8-nights. I assume that one of the nights will be a turtle-talk with Crush night at animator's palate. I absolutely do not want to participate in this and even thinking about it makes me annoyed. I have no problem with turtle-talk and actually think it's pretty cool, but just do absolutely not want to talk to it.

Does anyone else feel this way? Has Crush talked to you against your will? Any tips to get him to avoid you?

Thanks!

The first time we went to Animator's Palate, we had a table next to a screen. At some point I felt like the turtle talked to us ... But I had no idea what was going on and we ignored it. (It was the first night and I felt super sick so I was not really in the mood plus our food was not good).

Crush left almost right away. LOL

My recommendation would be to maybe avoid the MDR that night?

Crush is the reason why I like AP on the Magic and Wonder, he's not on them! If someone were to completely ignore him, would he leave them alone or would he persist like an annoying comic?

DH and I had no idea that it was actually talking to us ... so we kinda ignored him and he didn't stay long.

My DW and I just recently got back from a 7 night western on the Fantasy and they we having sit down table service dinner up in Cabanas. We didn't find out about it until after the cruise, but the food was the same type and quality as the main dining rooms. So that may work as a replacement for AP that night.

He tried to talk to us on a cruise on the fantasy. Unfortunately, none of us noticed that he wanted to talk to us so he moved on to another table!

I am going on my first Dream cruise and I am wondering does the Turtle Talk happen each night you are in AP or is it a special event like the drawing/animation night on the Magic and Wonder that only happens if you are on a longer cruise? I will be on a 5 night.

I am going on my first Dream cruise and I am wondering does the Turtle Talk happen each night you are in AP or is it a special event like the drawing/animation night on the Magic and Wonder that only happens if you are on a longer cruise? I will be on a 5 night.

It's a one-and-done thing, if you're in AP on two nights, Crush will only visit on 1.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts