Not sure where to post - question about working for Disney

ReneeQ

DIS Veteran
I'm not sure where to post this, so moderators, please move if needed.

I know this is crazy - but my DREAM job is to work for Disney as a Wedding Coordinator. Just wondering if anyone has any idea how much Disney pays for this position? Is it salaried or on commission? Is it a 40 hour work week or does it vary? Just wondering if anyone got to know their coordinator good enough to learn this stuff, or if anyone possibly had any info on this.

Thanks for any replies!

From what I've heard, they tend to hire from within for those positions, or at least they have in the past. Try getting in touch with your coordinator after about 5pm or so, and they are un-reachable, which makes me think that they do have standard in-office hours. However, remember that they also must attend weddings that start in the evening hours, as well as weekend events. I believe they do have at least one or two days off each week (our original coordinator had the weekday of our wedding off, and didn't come to that realization until a few months just before the date).
Don't know the pay, tho, sorry.
Are you sure you want to hang around with irrational brides and their mothers all day? Can you handle couples who will micromanage your job or change their minds every other day? Do you really want to be yelled at because you returned someone's call 5 minutes late? And can you do it while maintaining a smile? Just the thought gives me the willies....
-Andrew

Hi! There was a thread about this on the Disneymooners board a while back, and it seems that most of the coordinators have an educational background in hospitality - either a degree in management or special events or even culinary school, and many of them have degrees from prestigious places like the Culinary Institute of America. It is very difficult to get a job at the FTW department, since this seems to be EVERYONE's dream job, especially that of us Disney brides :) So it's quite competitive...
I don't know about the pay, but like Andy said, our coordinator seemed to work fairly regular hours, except for the fact that she of course couldn't have weekends off. Our coordinator did intimate weddings, and she was only available from about 8:30 to 5:00 or 5:30 on her 5 days a week. I think it would probably involve more evening hours for custom wedding coordinators, since they have more flexible time slots, and their receptions often last well into the night.
Cheers!
Heather W

Thanks for the input Heather and Andrew. It is just a DREAM.

And I LOVED your wedding report and pictures!

Hi!

I just thought that I would reply and state what I was told. It is a lot of people's dream to work for FTW... When I was at Disney last fall for the WDWCP, I attended the networking event just for CPer's. FTW was there, and it was the most crowded table at the event -- I think every girl on the program was at that table. When I finally reached the representative, and asked how to get in, he said that it is very diffcult. As with any position, you have to know the right people, and you have to have experience where they want you to have it. I was told that a lot of the reps come from Resort Guest Services and something like personal planners (not sure what they are called). If you are in college, I would highly recommend the WDWCP (www.wdwcollegeprogram.com). You can make a lot of contacts that way.

Good Luck!

Cheryle :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter