Not sure when we will return

Pmlocke

Peter Locke
My wife and I, both in our 60's, have traveled to WDW every year in February since 2009. We have decided not to go next year unless we see WDW is operating normally. This means park hopper, character meet and greets, character dining, full use of the bus transport system, going into a park without a reservation, fireworks, parades, etc. I understand the need to be careful but it won't be a vacation without all of it. We will miss our February vacation but we pray this crisis will soon be over and we can once again do Disney.

Same here. We typically travel at least once a year (if not more) to the parks on both coasts. We've been very fortunate to have made trips to both Land and World this year prior to things getting crazy. We've come to the realization that it's probably going to be a while before we go again - maybe not even for the 50th at WDW next year like we had hoped. We just aren't going to invest what we have to invest in these trips if things are still tense and all the magic isn't there.

When things do come back, whether it's in 3 years, 5 years, or whatever, we will look at returning...and I know we will not take our Disney trips for granted ever again!!

My wife and I were planning a trip in May 2021. But we won't go again until everything is back to normal. We have two young kids and it would be a nightmare trying to get them to wear masks all day. Also not having character meet and greets would really be a bummer for them. I'm a little bummed because I was looking forward to planning the trip soon but it'll give us more time to save and maybe do something additional on our next trip.

I completely agree with you all, we are based in the UK so usually make it over every couple of years.
Our last trip was November 2019, we were talking about what we would have done had we a trip booked for this year or next year & we both agreed that we would cancel.
We usually come for two weeks & like to be able to park hop, do shows & fireworks when we choose, meet characters both at meet & greets & at dining locations, without all of that, the magic just would not be there for us.
We feel so sorry for people who have had to cancel trips or who have upcoming trips planned.

I just really want park hopping and masks to be optional. I don't need meet and greets or character dining and I can live with no parades or fireworks for a trip or 2. But I do love going to Epcot and eating my meals there. I just can't stomach anything at Studios or MK.

I'm in the crowd that won't be going back until it's back to normal. I can't imagine wearing a mask all day no matter what time of year it is. I can't even sleep with my head under the covers unless I have a peep hole lol. I'm hoping to cruise or travel with my face full out! haha!

We already cancelled our OCT trip. Now waiting till my son says to cancel his room too.

I do wonder how they are going to handle people stopping and drinking all day. I know that when I go, I have to keep sipping on my water to not get dehydrated. I always have a bottle of water in my hand. I am more then happy to pull off to the side to drink. I just wonder how some people will handle that. Don't want to get the stink eye from the mask nazis.

Same here. We want to do a four generation Disney World trip but without all the magic I just will wait it out. I'm not sure it will ever get back to 100% but I'll go at 90%. There were three attractions Disney World has just announced that will be permanently closed including River of Lights in AK, now. Even before the virus the live entertainment especially in Epcot was getting cut. Our age group goes from 7 to 84 years old; so, we need a mixture of activities to go to Disney World and make it work for us.

I'm so grateful that we were able to enjoy Disney World for many years in a better atmosphere. I do understand the need for Disney to gradually ease into it all again.

If you strictly are into rides only, then you can take advantage of the reduced crowds for now if you feel safe about it.

I hope we can all enjoy Disney World again the way we like it.

Last edited:
I do wonder how they are going to handle people stopping and drinking all day. I know that when I go, I have to keep sipping on my water to not get dehydrated. I always have a bottle of water in my hand. I am more then happy to pull off to the side to drink. I just wonder how some people will handle that. Don't want to get the stink eye from the mask nazis.

2020-closures-wdw-epcot-face-covering-signs.jpg

But I do love going to Epcot and eating my meals there.
I am supposed to be taking my first solo trip next February for the Princess half marathon weekend, and Epcot was going to be my late afternoon/early evening park for dining and walking around the world showcase, after spending the morning in another park. I've paid for park hoppers as they are part of the tickets in the UK automatically, but I can't use them. No chance of a price reduction though.

I am supposed to be taking my first solo trip next February for the Princess half marathon weekend, and Epcot was going to be my late afternoon/early evening park for dining and walking around the world showcase, after spending the morning in another park. I've paid for park hoppers as they are part of the tickets in the UK automatically, but I can't use them. No chance of a price reduction though.

The no park hopping is going to tough. But I usually spend most of my days at either Epcot or AK. I will probably end up going to Disney Springs in the evening on the days that I have the other parks planned.

Yeah, I said stopped and pulled over to the side. Hopefully people don't cut down on their hydration because it's too much of a hassle to pull off to the side to take a drink. There are already too many that succumb to the heat. I was there in Feb and saw several EMT helping people that looked to be over heated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts