Not sure when we will return

Pmlocke

Peter Locke
My wife and I, both in our 60's, have traveled to WDW every year in February since 2009. We have decided not to go next year unless we see WDW is operating normally. This means park hopper, character meet and greets, character dining, full use of the bus transport system, going into a park without a reservation, fireworks, parades, etc. I understand the need to be careful but it won't be a vacation without all of it. We will miss our February vacation but we pray this crisis will soon be over and we can once again do Disney.

AggieDizzer

Mouseketeer
Same here. We typically travel at least once a year (if not more) to the parks on both coasts. We've been very fortunate to have made trips to both Land and World this year prior to things getting crazy. We've come to the realization that it's probably going to be a while before we go again - maybe not even for the 50th at WDW next year like we had hoped. We just aren't going to invest what we have to invest in these trips if things are still tense and all the magic isn't there.

When things do come back, whether it's in 3 years, 5 years, or whatever, we will look at returning...and I know we will not take our Disney trips for granted ever again!!

lsutigers03

Earning My Ears
My wife and I were planning a trip in May 2021. But we won't go again until everything is back to normal. We have two young kids and it would be a nightmare trying to get them to wear masks all day. Also not having character meet and greets would really be a bummer for them. I'm a little bummed because I was looking forward to planning the trip soon but it'll give us more time to save and maybe do something additional on our next trip.

• ABZDisneyFan

Mouseketeer
    I completely agree with you all, we are based in the UK so usually make it over every couple of years.
    Our last trip was November 2019, we were talking about what we would have done had we a trip booked for this year or next year & we both agreed that we would cancel.
    We usually come for two weeks & like to be able to park hop, do shows & fireworks when we choose, meet characters both at meet & greets & at dining locations, without all of that, the magic just would not be there for us.
    We feel so sorry for people who have had to cancel trips or who have upcoming trips planned.

Lilsia

DIS Veteran
    I just really want park hopping and masks to be optional. I don't need meet and greets or character dining and I can live with no parades or fireworks for a trip or 2. But I do love going to Epcot and eating my meals there. I just can't stomach anything at Studios or MK.

Alicefan

We're all mad here
    I'm in the crowd that won't be going back until it's back to normal. I can't imagine wearing a mask all day no matter what time of year it is. I can't even sleep with my head under the covers unless I have a peep hole lol. I'm hoping to cruise or travel with my face full out! haha!

• paults

HOME IS WHERE BWV IS
    We already cancelled our OCT trip. Now waiting till my son says to cancel his room too.

Lilsia

DIS Veteran
    I do wonder how they are going to handle people stopping and drinking all day. I know that when I go, I have to keep sipping on my water to not get dehydrated. I always have a bottle of water in my hand. I am more then happy to pull off to the side to drink. I just wonder how some people will handle that. Don't want to get the stink eye from the mask nazis.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.