Not So New November Exercise Challenge

Congrats to PollyannaMom for reaching Epcot Grey! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Spaceship Earth, the 18 story Epcot icon, owes some of its existence to science fiction novelist Ray Bradbury. Ray wrote a 14 page first draft summary of a ride about the history of communication. That draft ended up becoming the framework for the Spaceship Earth ride. Here is a video showing the story behind Spaceship Earth and Ray's contributions.

galaxygirl76, sophy1996, and our TEAM (!!!!) have reached Hollywood Studios Red! Congratulations!!!!! party:

Hollywood Studios' famous show Fantasmic! opened on October 15, 1998. The Hollywood Hills Amphitheater housing the show is based on the Hollywood Bowl and can hold about 11,000 people. The show originated in Disneyland in 1992 and was only meant to run for five years. Clearly, plans changed.

image.jpg

:tink:High fives and congrats to scdak and 2manypets for reaching Magic Kingdom Green!! Well done!!!!!

Cinderella's Castle took 18 months to build and construction on it was finished in July 1971. It stands 189 feet tall - 100 feet taller than Sleeping Beauty's Castle at Disneyland. Here is a photo of it while under construction:

Cinderella_Castle_construction.jpg

And of course, here's what it looks like now . . .

Screen-Shot-2014-09-07-at-12.19.35-PM.png

If only the stars would cooperate like that in real life!

Twilight Sparkle - thanks for a great job hosting this thread , I enjoyed it very much but then again, I enjoy every hosts themes :dogdance:
Looking forward to joining the thread again for December and I plan on upping my goal, its time for me to become more active and not let my dumb body limit me so much!

Twilight Sparkle - thanks for a great job hosting this thread , I enjoyed it very much but then again, I enjoy every hosts themes :dogdance:
Looking forward to joining the thread again for December and I plan on upping my goal, its time for me to become more active and not let my dumb body limit me so much!

I had a blast hosting - not as daunting of a task as I initially thought. The research nerd in me had fun playing around a bit. A big thanks to you and everyone else who joined in this month. I'd say we did a pretty good job! Plus, it's always nice to hang out with you all each month. I'll post the final tally soon, and then I'll see everyone in the December thread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!