• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Not So Happy... I Just Remembered..

1stTimeDisneyer

DIS Veteran
I am flying to DW! I was so excited about going to DW and the planning that I forgot we are flying! I hate to fly and my hubby hates flying with me. I am sure the rest of the people on the plane hate it too. I sit there and forget to breathe, white knuckle the seat, and cry. I do not cry outloud but the tears flow, not I am sick just thinking about it.

The magic seems to have gone at the thought of getting on that plane! :guilty:

I get tense too when I fly but I just read through a website that I think will help me this time. It is fearofflying.com You might want to give it a try.

I am the same way! I always cry at takeoff and landing. I thought it was only me. :)

I just keep my mind on getting to Disney and that helps! This time, I am taking a DVD player, hopefully that will help too!

I also try to read the magazines that they give you on the plane, I get a blanket and pillow and try to relax. Sometimes if it is bumpy, I just keep praying the whole way there. But when you get off that plane in Orlando in just a few hours, oh my! It is sooooo worth it!

You are not alone!! I think I have read that something like 30% of the people on the plane with you are also afraid!

I, too, am an anxious flyer. I have found that education is the key!! Here is a link to the book that I use.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/15...002-7869822-3628011?s=books&v=glance&n=283155

I start reading it a few weeks before I know I need to fly and it totally helps. Especially his "controlled breathing" exercises that totally stop you from getting into that panicked feeling that can then lead to a panic attach (had one of those when I got on the plane to go to St Lucia on my honeymoon--I was so wrapped up in the wedding that I didn't take the time to mentally prepare for the flight. When I got on, I thought I was ok, but arms started getting tingly and numb and my heart actually hurt!. Now I know that was a panic attack.

Anyway, PLEASE order this book and read it--several times. I promise if you take the time to read it and follow his instructions, it WILL help! It's better than doing nothing! :thumbsup2

Thanks Everyone! I am glad to hear I am not the only one who is afraid to fly.

Nicole- Thanks for the info. on the book an your boys are so cute!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter