Not My Mama's Trip Report- US/IoA and Disney July 2013

SmuttyNose is a beer?? :lmao:

This is mom- for obvious reasons, Ben doesn't have this background info:

Smuttynose is a local brewing company based out of Portsmouth, NH near where I grew up. The name of the brewery is from one of the Isles of Shoals (Appledore, Star, Smuttynose and Malaga Islands), which lie off the coast of NH/Maine.

Some of the available ales are: Shoals Pale Ale, Smuttynose IPA (aka Finestkind IPA), Star Island Single, Old Brown Dog, and Smuttynose Robust Porter. Seasonals include Summer Weizen and Pumpkin Ale

Smuttynose is a local brewing company based out of Portsmouth, NH near where I grew up. The name of the brewery is from one of the Isles of Shoals (Appledore, Star, Smuttynose and Malaga Islands), which lie off the coast of NH/Maine.

Some of the available ales are: Shoals Pale Ale, Smuttynose IPA (aka Finestkind IPA), Star Island Single, Old Brown Dog, and Smuttynose Robust Porter. Seasonals include Summer Weizen and Pumpkin Ale

I always knew my dis time was educational :thumbsup2 Thanks for the info Dee :)

OOOH! Thanks Dee. That's great info.

No bananas? What is this madness? :rotfl:

LOVE the pic of your cats, so cute! They can always tell when something different is going on, can't they?

Sounds like a pretty good easy flight. :thumbsup2

YAY for arrivals!

Ben, you are doing a FANTASTIC job on your trip report! Keep up the great job and know that we all really enjoy your efforts in sharing your trip with us!

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

~Ninja Mom!

Hi Ben....I feel like I have bonded with you last year when I took the flat version of yourself to Disney with me (and oops I lost you! :rolleyes1)

This is a fun report. I hate when we don't have banana's too, but at least you got a chocolate frosted donut! MMMMMM! That sounds good right about now too!

Hey Ben! I love what you've written so far! As with jenseib, we also took you (FB) along on our trip as well. Now we'll get to see what you like best! Looking forward to seeing more!:thumbsup2

When we arrived at the Hard Rock it was awesome! They had the cool guitar fountain up front, and then we paid the driver and headed inside.

The inside was so awesome with the amazing air conditioning. Mom and dad went to check in while me and Nate went to sit on the cushioned sofa and they were so comfy that I could very well sleep in them.

After we checked in I was happy to know that our room was ready when we wanted to head up there, but we decided to get our Express Pass cards first. It was mainly easy except for mom mucking it up every time for like 3 tries until she finally got it right because she was either too serious or way too goofy.

Once we got our passes we headed up to our room.

This was our view:

We got most our stuff put away and then got ready to head out to Universal Studios.

Just in case there are any truant officers following along-

I posted this update for Ben while he was at school.

He promises to come back and do responses later this afternoon (he has some replies that have been there for awhile)

Yes, it took me several tries to get a proper picture for my express pass!

He promises to come back and do responses later this afternoon (he has some replies that have been there for awhile)

It's funny that you posted this message 'cause I was just wondering if Ben was home from school today. :rotfl:

I figure he could be home for any number of reasons... no problems here! :)
Loving the report...we have to get to Universal sooner or later!

LOL :)

I think the last update he had I asked why he wasn't in school. OOPS! Although I just thought he was sick or something never thought he was skipping school. :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Great update Ben! We too LOVE the Hard Rock!!! My boys who are almost the same age as you and Nate often ask when we will be back??

That guitar fountain is really cool. I have a nice pic of it with the boys.

No bananas? What is this madness? :rotfl:

LOVE the pic of your cats, so cute! They can always tell when something different is going on, can't they?

Sounds like a pretty good easy flight. :thumbsup2

YAY for arrivals!

I know?! Thanks me and mom love Oscar's pictures as well! Thanks.

Ben, you are doing a FANTASTIC job on your trip report! Keep up the great job and know that we all really enjoy your efforts in sharing your trip with us!

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

~Ninja Mom!

Thank you!

Hi Ben....I feel like I have bonded with you last year when I took the flat version of yourself to Disney with me (and oops I lost you! :rolleyes1)

This is a fun report. I hate when we don't have banana's too, but at least you got a chocolate frosted donut! MMMMMM! That sounds good right about now too!

Thank you! I am so happy I got that donut.

Hey Ben! I love what you've written so far! As with jenseib, we also took you (FB) along on our trip as well. Now we'll get to see what you like best! Looking forward to seeing more!:thumbsup2

Thanks for reading! Ah... Flat Ben.

Great update Ben! We too LOVE the Hard Rock!!! My boys who are almost the same age as you and Nate often ask when we will be back??

That guitar fountain is really cool. I have a nice pic of it with the boys.

Thank you! Well enjoy your next trip.

HI!!!! Im subscribing because this report sounds AMAZING! I was thirteen when i went in July too! So i can relate to everything you're saying! I went to Universal and Disney too. Universal was fun, but im a Disney girl so there's no place like home! Im looking forward to reading more :)

Hey. Claire was off school yesterday,so I never even blinked that he was home too. LOL

Loving your descriptions of the hotel. It looks fabulous.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter