Not impressed with the Snow White meal at Artist Point

WDWRNTLK

Retirement goal - RN in the Magic Kingdom!
We had dinner at Artist Point about a week ago, and I have to say that I was really disappointed with the whole experience.
Snow White is my favorite princess, so I was REALLY looking forward to this meal. We had a reservation, of course, and we were seated in a timely fashion. It took quite a long time for our server to greet us and get a drink order. He looked like he was overwhelmed by the number of tables that he had, so I tried to be low maintenance, and be patient. After a long wait we had to ask a hostess three times to get water for the table.
After we placed our order, our meal was either extremely rushed or extremely slow. Our appetizers came out immediately, but we had to flag down someone to refill our drinks. Our entrees came before the appetizers had been cleared, but we had to flag down our server for salt and pepper, extra napkins, etc. We waited a long time for dessert to be served, which seemed odd given that it is the same for every table. And finally, we had to ask repeatedly for the check. We used Tables in Wonderland, and that seemed to completely confuse our server. We had to have the check corrected twice.
I didn't love the character interaction either. It felt very rushed. Snow White tried to leave our table before anyone had a chance to stand up for a picture with her.
Overall, I'm really disappointed in the experience. After listening to the episode where Pete rants about the Ohana dinner experience, I felt like Artist Point is taking pointers from them. Service and our food was very inconsistent, either too fast, or too slow. Our server was not attentive at all.
I'm a die hard WDW fan. I try to give the benefit of the doubt as much as possible, but this was just a bad experience. I knew it was expensive, and I was happy to spend the money for the opportunity to try something new with my favorite princess, but we won't go back anytime soon.

Is this common? Did we go on a bad night? What do you guys think of this character meal?
ETA: Sorry - they don't take TIW. We used our AP discount

Last edited:
Sounds like your main server was just new, over stretched, or just bad at his job. The runners seem to get everything out when they should have so I think the restaurant itself was functioning properly. Just not your server.

Sounds pretty much like our experience EXCEPT that our entrees were brought out before our appetizers. We obviously sent them back. Character interaction was just so-so ..... felt rushed. The whole experience felt rushed, but that seems to be the norm for Disney anymore.

Last edited:
Sorry you didn’t enjoy it. There is a long review thread here and they are definitely very mixed. I am super excited to give it a try though, even more so because they are taking TIW...until your report, I have only read that they were not accepting it.

Sorry you didn’t enjoy it. There is a long review thread here and they are definitely very mixed. I am super excited to give it a try though, even more so because they are taking TIW...until your report, I have only read that they were not accepting it.
According to the TiW site it is not accepted at Storybook Dining. That could explain the confusion with the check.

We ate there in December and were disappointed as well. We liked the theming and characters, however we felt rushed too. The hostess that sat us even told us the whole "experience" would take an hour. I thought the food choices were weird too. None of us ate the appetizers and the entrees were very odd. The desserts were ok. I am returning next year and hope they have a change in menu, but not holding my breath.

We had a great experience there last month. Everything was timely, we loved the food, characters were great. Dopey messed with the queen during our pictures with her which was hilarious. looking at my pictures and notes, they sat us at about 6 and we got the Huntsman's gift at 7:15.

We are looking forward to going again we liked it that much.

I could eat only one of the three appetizers and had to substitute for the others. Chicken entree was good and same as when it was Artist Point. Didn't care for most of the desserts here. Hoping they will change them. Miss the great bread and butter Artist Point used to have.

We were there in March. The food was good except for the desserts which were way too sweet. The service wasn’t bad. When I asked if they took TIW the server actually laughed. Character interaction was ok not great. I think our whole experience was clouded because of what they did to the beautiful artist point and the cheesy decorations to cover up the gorgeous murals. We will never go back.

We were there in March. The food was good except for the desserts which were way too sweet. The service wasn’t bad. When I asked if they took TIW the server actually laughed. Character interaction was ok not great. I think our whole experience was clouded because of what they did to the beautiful artist point and the cheesy decorations to cover up the gorgeous murals. We will never go back.
Your experience seems to be a common theme. Those who are most disappointed either ate at the old Artist Point iteration or were expecting an experience similar. We were “tabula rasa” and quite enjoyed our visit Christmas week. We expected a character dinner and received an elevated character dinner. I thought the decorations to be immersive and on theme. But, as I stated before, I can’t speak as to what my opinion would be if I visited when it was a signature. It was definitely not a signature experience. We will be staying for our first time at Wilderness Lodge this Christmas. We will return to Artist Point whether cash or dining plan as we found it to be an enjoyable 1 credit meal.

We had dinner at Artist Point about a week ago, and I have to say that I was really disappointed with the whole experience.
Snow White is my favorite princess, so I was REALLY looking forward to this meal. We had a reservation, of course, and we were seated in a timely fashion. It took quite a long time for our server to greet us and get a drink order. He looked like he was overwhelmed by the number of tables that he had, so I tried to be low maintenance, and be patient. After a long wait we had to ask a hostess three times to get water for the table.
After we placed our order, our meal was either extremely rushed or extremely slow. Our appetizers came out immediately, but we had to flag down someone to refill our drinks. Our entrees came before the appetizers had been cleared, but we had to flag down our server for salt and pepper, extra napkins, etc. We waited a long time for dessert to be served, which seemed odd given that it is the same for every table. And finally, we had to ask repeatedly for the check. We used Tables in Wonderland, and that seemed to completely confuse our server. We had to have the check corrected twice.
I didn't love the character interaction either. It felt very rushed. Snow White tried to leave our table before anyone had a chance to stand up for a picture with her.
Overall, I'm really disappointed in the experience. After listening to the episode where Pete rants about the Ohana dinner experience, I felt like Artist Point is taking pointers from them. Service and our food was very inconsistent, either too fast, or too slow. Our server was not attentive at all.
I'm a die hard WDW fan. I try to give the benefit of the doubt as much as possible, but this was just a bad experience. I knew it was expensive, and I was happy to spend the money for the opportunity to try something new with my favorite princess, but we won't go back anytime soon.

Is this common? Did we go on a bad night? What do you guys think of this character meal?

My DH and I ate there on Monday for my birthday. We loved our experience there from beginning to end. We were seated at our table as soon as we arrived. Our waiter was very attentive to our needs with food and drinks. The characters were great too. I had brought a tiny stuffed Dopey. Snow White loved it. Grumpy saw it and showed Dopey and pretended he was throwing him and the Evil Queen without a beat said "they are already small enough, don't you think". I couldn't stop laughing. The appetizers were good. We were pleasantly surprised. And dessert was very yummy. I had the prime rib which I asked to have well done and it was very juicy.

We had an ok experience there. We waited 45 min. past our ADR time for a table with three hungry kids....it was already not starting off well. Our server was not great. The apps and drinks came quickly, but I felt like we waited a long time for our entrees and desserts and the check. We were more than ready to leave by the time it came. The food was very good overall. The characters were just ok except the Queen who was fantastic. At the current prices, I will not be rushing back to dine there given our experience, but I am glad we tried it.

We went in April and the service was less than stellar, my biggest concern was that it was noted that I have an allergy to avocado on the reservation, when the server took our orders we said that we could not have the avocado with the shrimp and he said "there is no avocado on the menu", once we pointed out that it lists it on the appetizers he was surprised it was there. Said he would bring me some out without the avocado and when I said none for the table as it is a severe allergy he said "oh that's odd" A chef did not come out to talk to me and this was the first and only time this has not happened if there is avocado at the restaurant.

The entrees came out just after the appetizers and my MIL and DD were still eating when they started bringing out the desserts. We felt very rushed.

We went in December and it was just OK. I didn't really like the appetizers, and the desserts were too sweet. I had the prime rib and it was very fatty, and the popover thing had a pool of oil in it. The characters were good, especially the Evil Queen, but it's so weird that they just had her standing there the whole time. I made ADRs there again for this upcoming trip because I thought my kids would want it, but they told me no so I cancelled it.

I’ll second the new server response. I’m sure with the attention AP is receiving now they had to bring on a ton of new staff which leads to either hiring a couple duds or a learning curve for very new staff. I’m not saying that makes it okay, and shows glaring holes in their training processes, which is strange for Disney.

Very sorry you had to experience this! Same thing happened to me at HBD last summer, not being greeted for almost 20 minutes then another 15 to get drinks. Food may have been good but I truly don’t remember because I was too frustrated with the service. I was really disappointed because we had the Fantasmic package that cost a TON and I was really looking forward to it after all the rave reviews. Haven’t gone back inside since and I stick to the Lounge outside now, never had a bad experience there.

Also, the HBD server clearly wasn’t new, actually the complete opposite, he was very old and seemed almost out of it. Felt bad because when he was there he was nice enough so I didn’t get a manager like I would have in most other similar situations. Next time something like this happens to you don’t be afraid to ask for a manager, they want feedback on new staff.

Last edited:
Your experience seems to be a common theme. Those who are most disappointed either ate at the old Artist Point iteration or were expecting an experience similar. We were “tabula rasa” and quite enjoyed our visit Christmas week. We expected a character dinner and received an elevated character dinner. I thought the decorations to be immersive and on theme. But, as I stated before, I can’t speak as to what my opinion would be if I visited when it was a signature. It was definitely not a signature experience. We will be staying for our first time at Wilderness Lodge this Christmas. We will return to Artist Point whether cash or dining plan as we found it to be an enjoyable 1 credit meal.

I think you are on to something. I have never been to AP so I was not expecting that experience. I also like character meals, book them knowing I am going to experience a character meal and any of the "glitches" that can occur during one, and embrace the entire thing. If the food is good I am even happier.

This meal is a fairly new concept for DIsney and I think it is a lovely balance between buffets and AYCTE for character dinign and a conventional TS meal. The price is reasonable and one still has the option of choosing an entree. PErsonally I hope this concept continues if Disney adds additional character doingin experiences becuase you can eat just so much buffet before it all looks the same.

My DH and I ate there on Monday for my birthday. We loved our experience there from beginning to end. We were seated at our table as soon as we arrived. Our waiter was very attentive to our needs with food and drinks. The characters were great too. I had brought a tiny stuffed Dopey. Snow White loved it. Grumpy saw it and showed Dopey and pretended he was throwing him and the Evil Queen without a beat said "they are already small enough, don't you think". I couldn't stop laughing. The appetizers were good. We were pleasantly surprised. And dessert was very yummy. I had the prime rib which I asked to have well done and it was very juicy.

Wait.....didn't your husband just get chicken nuggets and fries? Kinda hard to mess that up, lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!