Not going to DL Paris, but am going to the WWII cemeteries and sites in Normandy...

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
We have a private tour person and I walk slowly, and there will be a car. What are some things that I definitely should see?

If this is not where the thread belongs, please move it.

Bobbi

We had one day in the area last summer so I had worked hard to prioritize our top choices. We were so glad we spent the day there even if we couldn't see it all. We saw the Utah Beach Landing Museum, Pointe du Hoc, Omaha Beach (there's really just a sculptural monument to see here so it is quick), and the American Cemetery in one day and were really happy with those choices. We also waked the beach/boardwalk area of Cabourg that evening as it was near where we were staying. If I had another day, I would have loved to have seen the Bayeux Tapestry and Mont Saint-Michel.

We had one day in the area last summer so I had worked hard to prioritize our top choices. We were so glad we spent the day there even if we couldn't see it all. We saw the Utah Beach Landing Museum, Pointe du Hoc, Omaha Beach (there's really just a sculptural monument to see here so it is quick), and the American Cemetery in one day and were really happy with those choices. We also waked the beach/boardwalk area of Cabourg that evening as it was near where we were staying. If I had another day, I would have loved to have seen the Bayeux Tapestry and Mont Saint-Michel.
Thank you...we have been to Mont Saint Michel. I like your list. We were asked if two retired pilots could join us, and they wanted to see Sainte-Mère-Église and I think that will be good too. We told the company that we would be happy to include the two if they were alright with making concessions for our slower walking. We will see how this plays out.
I appreciate knowing what could be satisfying and seen in a single day, and coming from Paris, it really isn’t one day.
Bobbi :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter