• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"not deluxe people"

DramaQueen

<font color=green>for the love of LEO!<br><marquee
okay, so here is the situation.

my aunt, uncle & 2 cousins won a trip to disney from a radio statio (which i posted a while back) anyways, they get 6 nights at any deluxe resort, meal plan + 600$ spending money.

and they have told my mom that they don't want to stay at a deluxe resort because they "are not deluxe people". i find this completely insane and i would jump at the chance to stay at a deluxe resort!!!
they have only ever stayed at value resorts, and they said maybe they will stay at a moderate...but it's FREE!! why wouldnt you take the chance to stay at a deluxe resort when you would probably NEVER be able to have that chance again!!!

does anyone agree with them? if so, WHY!?!?! i don't understand!!

I love AKL, and thats a deluxe. I would feel out of place however, at GF for an extended period of time. Its just too neat and tidy for me. However, I wouldn't sneeze at a free GF trip.

I believe it is ALWAYS important to never pass up once in a lifetime opportunities. If they say they are not "deluxe" people and have never stayed at a deluxe resort...why don't they try it...I mean, if it's free and all!! lol. Then, if they still don't like it, they can say with honesty they are not "deluxe" people lol.

I go to the GF every year. It is my absolute favorite place in the world. lol. I love it so much.

My grandparents have a free trip to use on anything they wanted. They wanted Disney,with me.They could have stayed at a resort they never could go to again,but they chose WL,the one we stayed at last year.Things don't always make sence.If it makes them happy they should do it,even if they're crazy.lol!

If I were them I would choose the Poly or AKL. It's much less... stuffy. I don't like the GF, I find it way too neat and it's boring IMHO.
I love the deluxe resorts.

Wow, that's weird. I mean, they're getting it FREE! I wouldn't care if I won a 6 night trip to All Star Movie in the love bug section (I don't really like that section), it would be free and I'd make the best of it.

But a deluxe?? Is it that they don't like indoor hallways or what...? My favorite resort is Wilderness Lodge which is a deluxe, but it is one of the cheaper ones. I'd love to win a weeks stay there.

Maybe they feel that if they do a deluxe now, all of the hotels they stay at afterward will never match up to the deluxe? I don't know..I'd stay at the YC/BC or Poly.

We have stayed at the Carribean Beach and the Contemporary. There's nothing wrong with the moderate, but I would take the deluxe any day.

Maybe they don't feel comfortable there...

I would take the chance to stay at a deluxe in a heartbeat!

Deluxe hotels = life.

I sound spoiled and stuff, but we've stayed in deluxe hotels like 7 out of the 8 times. When we stayed at Port Orleans Riverside, it felt, weird. My mom and I even joked that we didn't feel "pampered." It sounds snotty and buttheadishy but, it's true. We could tell it just wasn't us.

BTW-- we LOVE the monorail... ;)

i just got back from their house, and they are going to stay in a deluxe resort.

the reason they were thinking about NOT staying in one was because they figured that maybe the radio station was using tricky words and they were saying 'deluxe resort' because really, any disney resort is deluxe in comparison to alot out there.
but they got a phone call and they get to pick their top 3 resorts and they will see if they are available.

they have

1.poly
2.akl
3.contemporary.

they really aren't 'deluxe people' so i cannot see them staying at the gf of beach club or anything like that.

but im glad they picked 3 nice ones, because it really is a once in a lifetime chance that they would probably regret if they didnt take the chance!

im not a deluxe person. why? i dont need a nicer room, with a nicer view to have a nice time. when it comes down to it, we're all going to the same place, sleeping on the same sheets, and showering with the same mickey soap.

i like the value resorts.

im not a deluxe person. why? i dont need a nicer room, with a nicer view to have a nice time. when it comes down to it, we're all going to the same place, sleeping on the same sheets, and showering with the same mickey soap.

i like the value resorts.

::yes:: me too. would i like to stay at a deluxe hotel? sure! but would i stay at a holiday inn too? sure! the rooms are just as nice if not nicer sometimes. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter