Norwegian fjords with kids

stitch_83

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

I'd like to book the Norwegian Fjords cruise out of Dover next year, but my wife is concerned about the ports not being child friendly (no worries about the ship!)

I have two sons, 5 and 2, anyone done this cruise with similar aged children?

Ta

We did a Norway cruise when our son was 7. Which ports are you going to? Most are quite walkable and there are some excursions which should appeal to younger children. My son loved it and was actually reminiscing about Stavanger today!

We did this cruise when our son had just turned 6. There were plenty of port adventures to keep him entertained : a Viking village with costumes, a goat farm visit, a cruise down a fjord... He never complained of being bored except on one excursion that we would not choose again. Be mindful that a lot of excursions include long bus rides and that one was exclusively that. We were on the bus for 4 hours with maybe 30 minutes worth of visits.

We think it is more interesting than an Alaskan cruise. The sights are pretty similar but the ports had more things that interested us.

Last edited:
Thank you,

We'd be visiting Alesund, Gereinger, Stavenger and Olden.

Kids would be fine on a bus (they're at the age when they think buses are great )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter