Norwegian airlines

ducky100

Mouseketeer
Hi just hoping someone has flown NA before and could share their feedback? Live VA but it seems to do much cheaper on NA. Guess there must be a downside though?

Thanks in advance

I’ve not been transatlantic but have been with them to Barcelona and they were as good as any other airline.

The main disadvantage is luggage (assuming purchased) is 20kg rather than 23kg. I wouldn’t be surprised if their free food is not quite as good or be surprised if it’s only at meal time you are given a drink for free. Positives though are it’s a Dreamliner which is meant to be an advantage and most importantly the prices are significantly smaller. I’d be booking with them for next Aug but they’ve changed their schedules and are not flying back on Sundays next year.

Been 3 times with them, and awaiting our 4th - no more problems than any other airline. If you travel light and don't care about airplane food, they are a bargain.

I've flown with them several times, never had any problems. The food has been fine (by airline standards) and never had an issue with luggage.

No personal experience of flying with them, but I did a bit of research into them as they were coming out very cheap flying from Gatwick.

It would appear they are losing a lot of money. Mainly to do with their strategy of trying to build up market share - but then they have also just stopped all their transatlantic flights out of Ireland. If you can't make transatlantic flights profitable, you are not in the best of shape. And scaling back those flights doesn't go with their strategy of chasing market share.

Their financial position didn't look strong to me, and for that reason I decided not to go with them. Didn't want to risk the chance of them cancelling more routes or even going bust. I wanted a bit more certainty when spending this much on a holiday.

If yiu choice to fly with them, make sure your insurance covers end supplier failure. They are very dicey financially, the loss of tge 737 Max planes and the 787 engine issue has hit them hard.
Also main airlines have targeted their routes like Gatwick to Fort Lauderdale, BA started the same route then when Norwegian pulled out to Miami, so did BA.
Freddie laker skytrain all over again

flown with them twice and would say the planes were newer/nicer than the old and dirty planes I've had with VA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!