Norway, Iceland or Scotland ABD with adult children?

Theta

DIS Veteran
My son is graduating college this year and was just found out his job is pushed back to mid July, so I am now trying to find a great trip for this June before he joins the work force.

We have done Danube river cruise ABD and China ABD, we loved China but thought the Danube cruise was not a good fit for my kids (16, 17 and 19 ) at the time.

My adult children are now 19, 20 and 22. My head is swimming with these itineraries. I asked my son and he wants me to choose as he is in the throes of final semester papers and exams.

Recommendations on which itineraries would be a good fit? Norway, Iceland and Scotland? These are the three that are still available for booking for our time frame.

Edited to add: We would also consider Spain ABD, we have been to Barcelona already and have visited La Sagrada Família and Park Güell , so that would be a repeat for us, but I am sure the Disney way will be so much better.

Last edited:
Of the 3, we have only done Norway.
There were 4 on that trip who had just graduated from high school and several older teens.
I think it is a great trip for that age group - active, not too long and kind of exotic.

We loved the trip and it seemed like everyone else on the trip did too.

Iceland is a beautiful place, and the itinerary sees and does some great stuff. But the weather can be rough and there is a LOT of bus time on that trip!! Plus the places we went, for the most part, really weren't up to dealing with 40 people showing up places at the same time. It was rough.

To top it off, getting to and from Iceland is also a bit hard right now, because Wow! airlines just went out of business, so all the other airlines have bumped up their prices. You might have a hard time getting decent airfare at this short notice.

Sayhello

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!