northern cali?

Kim10110

Mouseketeer
Hey everyone I just moved to northern cali between sac and san fran. I was wondering two things, any suggestions for stuff to do and also is there any character warehouse's in the outlets here in the north.

Thanks

Kim

sounds like you must live pretty close to me (i live in dixon).

depends on ages of kids (if any) and what type of stuff you're looking to do. here's a few suggestions-

jelly belly factory tour (in fairfield)-free, fun, lots of great samples (also the best place to do kid's bday partys),

at christmas time-silveyville christmas tree farm (in dixon)-they have a bon fire, popcorn, hot cider, free 'sleigh ride' (it's actualy pulled by a motorized vehical that has faux reindeer attached)-even if you don't want to buy a live tree it's a neat place to go for a couple of hours.

nut-tree just re-opened in vacaville yesterday. i guess they've put in some small amusement park type rides. if you're into 'big' rides there's 6 flags/marine world in vallejo.

apple hill is a fun place to go to (camino)-if you go to their website they list the different activities each weekend. lots of great food, crafts, some stuff for the kids to do.

fairfield and vacaville both do lots of festivals, activities and such throughout the year-if you go to their convention and visitors bureau websites you can find out whats happening. there's also lots of very good theatre groups in the area, and both the vacaville and fairfield performing arts centers get some excellent professional comics, musicians and such through the year. for more high end stuff there's the opera house in napa as well as copia.

theres no character werehouse at the vacaville outlets right now, but periodicly they open a disney one (seems to be once a year for a few months)-not sure if the folsom outlets has any-napa's def. not.

if you can let me know what kind of activities you are looking for i'll be happy to fill you in (and if you are willing to 'cross the bridge' to contra costa county theres lots of stuff to do).

barkley,

Thank you so so much for all of your ideas, I live in vacaville. I may be emailing you looking for some more ideas :) thanks again

Kim

Funny I live in Vacaville too, my dad lives in Dixon. I liked Nut Trees little family park, I was there yesterday.

Thats awesome to know there are DISers here in vacaville. I decided to go to the pumpkin patch across from the nut tree this past weekend. It was ok but I have to say that I liked the one in Dixon a little better.

Silveyville in Dixon is cute. I like it at Christmas time even more. I also usually will go to the Train meusum in Rio vista for an old commuter train ride out to a patch, good for children.

The absolute best around here is in Wheatland "Bishop's Pumpkin Farm" outside of Lincoln www.webpumpkins.com . It is a bit of a drive, but worth the drive.

i love silveyville at christmas time-going there gets me into the holiday mood (love the smell of all those fresh cut trees). we're going to hit it this weekend to grab a pumpkin-then head up to apple hill.

kim10110-you need to hit 'candy cane lane' in vacaville during the holidays. it's right off off orchard drive (nut tree side of the freeway)-house after house with the best decorations in town. :thumbsup2

barkley said:
kim10110-you need to hit 'candy cane lane' in vacaville during the holidays. it's right off off orchard drive (nut tree side of the freeway)-house after house with the best decorations in town. :thumbsup2

I totally agree. I forget the real name of the street though. I always take my kids there at Halloween to trick or treat as well. Every house seems to be giving out candy and there are a couple of garage haunted houses. They call it candy corn lane this time of year ;)

My dad lives in Dixon and has stired up quite a fuss over poker tornaments. His name is Greg and he lives on the corner of Tremont and Robinns. Do you know him?

MirandaPen said:
My dad lives in Dixon and has stired up quite a fuss over poker tornaments. His name is Greg and he lives on the corner of Tremont and Robinns. Do you know him?

i don't think so-but we just moved into a rental near tremont school a few months ago. we used to live over off of weigand but decided to sell our house while the market was still on the seller's side (don't know how vacaville is fareing-but it's crashed big time here-i can't believe the price reductions people have made and their houses are still sitting).

oh another suggestion to our 'vacaville newbie'-merriment on main is a fun event to go to. the city lights up the big christmas tree and there are carolers, living nativities and other holiday entertainment. AND (if they are still doing this-i have'nt made it past city hall in vacaville for a few years)-the 'smurf' nativity scene that they put up is a hoot :thumbsup2

Hey! :wave: I encourage you to visit down a bit south of San Francisco! I live in Santa Cruz! Have you tried visiting any pumpkin patches in Half Moon Bay? I missed their pumpkin festival this year... :guilty: ...but will usually go, and buy tons of pumpkins, and eat pumpkin pizza, and pumpkin spice ice cream! Down here by the coast I suggest taking a beautiful scenic drive of highway 1, and stopping in Carmel and Monterey...gorgeous views!

I'm in Sacramento.

In Petaluma there is Mrs. Grossman's sticker factory. You can tour the place and see how stickers are made and do a craft and they give you some stickers. And they have a store, so if you're into scrapbooking (as I am, hence my name), you can stock up on some good stuff.

If your willling to drive a bit I would visit the Redding area. I used to live there and there are a million plus things to do in that area! It's soooooo beautiful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter