Northern airport airline and flydrive options?

meryll83

All it takes is faith and trust...
So we’ve become kinda lazy/loyal to Virgin due to some accrued airmiles and probably habit too...

Yesterday a friend told me they’re planning a WDW trip for May 2021, have a friend’s villa they can stay in, and was asking me for flight advice. I explained 11 months out for flight only, but that flydrives were likely to be available now/imminently.

I then realised that, by default, I probably would’ve suggested looking at Thomas Cook flights for a potentially cheaper than Virgin option, but obviously they’re now no longer an option...

So, my lovely DISers, please can you help me with what the other airlines or holiday package options are, that are best to search with, for...
a) flight only
b) flydrive

Looking at a northern UK airport with direct flights.

Thank you!

This depends if you are willing to go indirect or not. You did say direct but I don't find these the best prices,
I go BA from NCL to LHR and then over to USA.

Last year we did a fly drive to Miami but usually fly with 2 stops and end in orlando.
Delta/United and AA are usually hit and miss with pricing, earlier you start looking the better. TUI/Virgin a bit too expensive I find.

Good thing about fly drive is that luggage is included/it is ATOL protected being a holiday and you will prob need a car anyway

Last edited:
This depends if you are willing to go indirect or not. You did say direct but I don't find these the best prices,
I go BA from NCL to LHR and then over to USA.

Last year we did a fly drive to Miami but usually fly with 2 stops and end in orlando.
Delta/United and AA are usually hit and miss with pricing, earlier you start looking the better. TUI/Virgin a bit too expensive I find.

Good thing about fly drive is that luggage is included/it is ATOL protected being a holiday and you will prob need a car anyway
We’d consider driving to another UK airport, e.g. some other destinations we’ve gone to the only option to fly direct meant going to London, but definitely want a direct flight to Orlando.

We’d consider driving to another UK airport, e.g. some other destinations we’ve gone to the only option to fly direct meant going to London, but definitely want a direct flight to Orlando.
One last benefit to mention for indirect - you go through immigration at first port of call - we've done Miami/New York/Philadelphia - great to get to Orlando and wander straight through

So we’ve become kinda lazy/loyal to Virgin due to some accrued airmiles and probably habit too...

Yesterday a friend told me they’re planning a WDW trip for May 2021, have a friend’s villa they can stay in, and was asking me for flight advice. I explained 11 months out for flight only, but that flydrives were likely to be available now/imminently.

I then realised that, by default, I probably would’ve suggested looking at Thomas Cook flights for a potentially cheaper than Virgin option, but obviously they’re now no longer an option...

So, my lovely DISers, please can you help me with what the other airlines or holiday package options are, that are best to search with, for...
a) flight only
b) flydrive

Looking at a northern UK airport with direct flights.

Thank you!
Direct apart from the two mentioned from Manchester are none existent as far as I know. We've flown Manchester -Philadelphia - Orlando many times and not a bad route if you get your lay over right. Next year we're flying Aer Lingus via Dublin direct lay over in both directions but no over long .. I hope that helps

If you go VIA Dublin Or Shannon you go through Customs & Immigration Before you board

the plane for USA so you arrive as a Domestic Passenger ( NO Immigration at USA airport )

If you go VIA Dublin Or Shannon you go through Customs & Immigration Before you board

the plane for USA so you arrive as a Domestic Passenger ( NO Immigration at USA airport )

Yes I did the same on a flight to Seattle super easy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!