Noooooo cheese danish!!

kjoneill

Earning My Ears
Being from Canada, cheese danish are not widely available. It's just not a thing here (except Starbucks, bleh). I fell in love with cheese danish on my first WDW trip in 1982. I always bring a box home and freeze them. Imagine my sorrow to find that they are not selling them in WDW anymore! We were told it was because "they don't stay fresh, like the fruit ones", which I can't imagine is the real reason.

Anyone have info on this? I think it's likley because the cheese filling is more expensive than the fake fruit stuff, but they can't charge more for one type.
:headache:

Have you checked Amazon? I just looked at the U.S. site and there are several options for cheese danish. Not sure how any of them compare to what you used to get at WDW, but many of their pastry offerings are made and purchased from outside vendors.:) Cheese danish is certainly worth pursuing;)

Have you checked Amazon? I just looked at the U.S. site and there are several options for cheese danish. Not sure how any of them compare to what you used to get at WDW, but many of their pastry offerings are made and purchased from outside vendors.:) Cheese danish is certainly worth pursuing;)

FOr sure you can purchase them at most grocery stores, but there was something magical about the Disney ones, you know? They were special because I *only* ate them on WDW vacations. It'd be like eating Dole Whip outside the resort.

Boardwalk bakery has cheese danish, or they did in December when we were there.

Boardwalk bakery has cheese danish, or they did in December when we were there.

Really? That's great! We were at AKL and SS in December (and Poly for breakfast) and were told at each location that they weren't being sold anywhere, anymore. You've made my day.

They are my husband’s favorite! We stay Club Level and he always brings a couple extra back to the room for an afternoon treat from breakfast! We will be back in just 28 days and I will check again for you.

Being from Canada, cheese danish are not widely available. It's just not a thing here (except Starbucks, bleh). I fell in love with cheese danish on my first WDW trip in 1982. I always bring a box home and freeze them. Imagine my sorrow to find that they are not selling them in WDW anymore! We were told it was because "they don't stay fresh, like the fruit ones", which I can't imagine is the real reason.

Anyone have info on this? I think it's likley because the cheese filling is more expensive than the fake fruit stuff, but they can't charge more for one type.
:headache:
Where exactly are you from? Im from Toronto (also lived in Mississauga). Cheese danishes are everywhere and quite popular here.

They are my husband’s favorite! We stay Club Level and he always brings a couple extra back to the room for an afternoon treat from breakfast! We will be back in just 28 days and I will check again for you.

Yes, Please.

I thought I saw them in the bakery in the land building as we as in the France bakery when we were there in October.

Everything Pop food court is where we always get them too. DS loves cheese danish and would happily have one every morning for breakfast while we're there if I'd let him.

Once or twice a trip I have the cheese danish and I let my daughter have her beloved tie dye cheesecake for breakfast. It is a yummy start to the day.

We are at French Quarter now... we also love a cheese danish as they don’t have them in the UK..... this hotel definitely used to have them but just went to get one and they didn’t have any!! We will try Starbucks later on!

Once or twice a trip I have the cheese danish and I let my daughter have her beloved tie dye cheesecake for breakfast. It is a yummy start to the day.

I just got back from Pop last weekend and didn’t see any cheese danish the whole ten days I was there. Cherry, yes, apple, yes, but no cheese danish.

I just got back from Pop last weekend and didn’t see any cheese danish the whole ten days I was there. Cherry, yes, apple, yes, but no cheese danish.

Dang Disney! That’s disappointing. Oh well I can order some with my groceries. While I enjoy a cherry danish I love a cheese danish.

Well, it makes sense. Cream cheese is much more expensive than industrial sized cans of "generic fruit filling."

Always about the money...

Just got back from the French Quarter and no cheese Danish to be found there. Had one at the Fountain View (Starbucks) at Epcot and it was very good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts