Non-park things to see and do

AnOtHeRdIsNeYfReAk

Self-Proclaimed Super Genius
I'm going to be in the Orlando area this March, so I decided to tack on two nights in Disney. I'm staying at Port Orleans Riverside and since it's only three days and we just spent two weeks there in Sept I want to do the things we never have time for. I plan on taking the boat to Disney Springs and hitting up a few things on my list there for the afternoon and evening on the first day. Any ideas for non park things? Animal kingdom lodge is definitely on the list, maybe Boardwalk? Polynesian for a dole whip?

Fort Wilderness has horseback riding and wagon rides. And a nice playground! Afternoon tea at the GF is a nice way to spend a couple of hours.

Carriage ride at POR and Yee Haw Bob. I wanted to walk through AoA to see the the statues, but I do have kids!

Will you not be going into the parks at all? If you are still going to the parks maybe do something you've never done before like one of the backstage tours. I'll also support one of the suggestions said so far to visit all the monorail hotels.

Mini golf near Boardwalk and Swan/Dolphin. 2 courses there: 1 traditional mini golf, the other is unique as it is long and winding with some par 4's.

At POR; Yee Haa Bob, carriage ride, surrey bike, walk over to POFQ and boat to DS. Other; Fantasia mini golf, resort hopping, rent a boat from GF or POLY and cruise the Seven Seas lagoon in front of the castle.

We have also done the monorail resort hopping and we also made reservations for lunch at Sanna over in Kidani Village next to Animal Kingdom Lodge which is beautiful just to go check out.

I could make a vacation of all the non-park things to do:
  • A pool day at my resort
  • Monorail hopping that includes a day of shopping and dining.
  • Mini Golf at Fantasic Gardens or Winter/Summerland
  • Shopping and Eating at Boardwalk and includes a stop of Jellyrolls for dualing pianos.
  • Yeehaw Bob at POR
  • Live music at POFQ
  • The Void at DS.
  • Shopping,dining and live music at DS

Another vote for The Void at Disney Springs.

I love strolling along the river from POR to POFQ - gorgeous scenery, peaceful walk and POFQ has beignets! We also stumbled across some live musicians in the POFQ lounge.

Boardwalk/Beach Club/Yacht Club is also a great option, especially around fireworks time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!