Non park attraction ideas for kids 10 and under?

wilbret

DIS Veteran
Headed to ORL in a few weeks to Legoland and visit family. Will spend 1-2 days at Legoland, but I'm always looking for other things to try out. Any recs for 6, 8 and 10 year olds that might be interesting?

We will hit Disney Springs for food/shopping, was thinking about going to City Walk and playing mini golf there, we haven't done that yet. Will be hunting for coupons!

Is the Science Center worth it?

For reference... we've done these either in ORL or elsewhere
-crayola experience
-sea life
-madame tussaud's
-ripleys
-wonder works
-disney mini golf

Here is an Idea

Go to Christmas on Hwy 50 & visit the replica Fort ( And Playground Free )

Then do the Airboat Ride at Midway .... 2 miles further on .

Airboat Rides @ Midway 407 568 6790 28501 E. Colonial Drive Christmas Fl 32709

Or

Do a Scenic Boat Tour At Winter Park near the Morse Museum

Or Do a great Pontoon Boat trip on The St.Johns River at

Blue Heron River Tours at Hontoon Landing

2317 River Ridge Road Deland Fl 32720 ( About 30 miles North of Orlando on I-4 + )

www.blueheronrivertours.com 386 873 4843

My kids love visiting Ikea, if you've never been.

Cheap food, giant store to explore, inexpensive items to buy.

Here is an Idea

Go to Christmas on Hwy 50 & visit the replica Fort ( And Playground Free )

Then do the Airboat Ride at Midway .... 2 miles further on .

Airboat Rides @ Midway 407 568 6790 28501 E. Colonial Drive Christmas Fl 32709

Or

Do a Scenic Boat Tour At Winter Park near the Morse Museum

Or Do a great Pontoon Boat trip on The St.Johns River at

Blue Heron River Tours at Hontoon Landing

2317 River Ridge Road Deland Fl 32720 ( About 30 miles North of Orlando on I-4 + )

www.blueheronrivertours.com 386 873 4843

Great ideas. We've done an air boat before, it was a lot of fun. We looked at a scenic boat tour in Winter Park, as "granny" grew up on the lakes they tour, but weren't sure if the kids could stay focused. I think we'll do it in October when we come back with "granny." Thanks again! (this thread isn't just for me, but for anyone with the same needs!)

My kids love visiting Ikea, if you've never been.

Cheap food, giant store to explore, inexpensive items to buy.
We live in Atlanta area, so we do go to Ikea from time to time. It's definitely an outing!

Its a drive but what about kennedy space center?
It's not too far, some of us have been. I think it's definitely an option, we have family in Cocoa Beach area we could visit. I want to get all the kids there for a launch. I took the oldest to see the Falcon Heavy launch last year, and we were in Orlando in December, and watched another Space X launch. So cool!

Interesting. We are staying offsite this trip, we are using our points this year for Aulani (woot!), is there any difficulty getting on property to attend?

No, no problems at all! If driving to FW you'll park in the day use lot (free) & take one of the Fort shuttles. Easy peasy free fun!

Have you all been to AKL? Although pools are reserved for guests only, anyone can experience the other FREE attractions there. Take a culinary tour, view a large collection of African Art, watch the animals from several viewing areas, and if you go at night you can use their night vision binoculars. If going there in the evening, there is also a campfire marshmallow roast (buy a kit or bring your own for free) and movies under the stars.

https://blog.touringplans.com/2016/09/19/five-things-might-not-know-animal-kingdom-lodge/

Have you all been to AKL? Although pools are reserved for guests only, anyone can experience the other FREE attractions there. Take a culinary tour, view a large collection of African Art, watch the animals from several viewing areas, and if you go at night you can use their night vision binoculars. If going there in the evening, there is also a campfire marshmallow roast (buy a kit or bring your own for free) and movies under the stars.

https://blog.touringplans.com/2016/09/19/five-things-might-not-know-animal-kingdom-lodge/

We are DVC members, that's our home resort. It is definitely awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter