Non-park activities for first week of January

klk77

Mouseketeer
I'm looking for some suggestions for non-park activities for the first week of January. I haven't been to Disney at this time for decades, so I'm not sure how busy the parks will be, and I don't think we'll do anymore than 2 days in the parks, at most. We typically go in the last 2 weeks of August when the parks aren't so busy, but the weather is crazy hot.

If we do minimal parks, what other activities would you suggest? I saw something in a trip report once about "ziplining", for example. Would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks!

On property go tour the resorts. I believe most if not all will still have their Christmas decorations up the first week of January. Off property check out Celebration. If you are looking for something to "do" we are considering renting bikes and hitting some trails one a future trip. I have looked into it a little but but not intensely since that will most likely not be until our 2019 or 2020 trip when our son can ride a bike of his own.

Sorry, I should have mentioned that we’ll be off property and will have a car.

Groupon has a 25% off code today, good for 3 days...I'd surf some of the deals and have fun:)...lots of good stuff to be had right now:)...

To the east there’s Kennedy Space Center, Canaveral National Seashore, and Cocoa Beach. To the West are the Gulf Coast Beaches and the Florida Aquarium. If you like history the DeSoto National Memorial is just a little further.

Gatorland- Not a bad place to spend a few hours to a half day. They also have a zip line adventure you can purchase.

Ripleys Believe It Or Not Museum- Interesting museum located on I-Drive

WonderWorks- This place kind of reminds me of a science center but only better. Also located on I-Drive.

Coca-Cola Orlando Eye- Gigantic ferris wheel located on I-Drive

SeaLife Aquarium- Located next to Coca-Cola Orlando Eye.

Madame Tussauds- Wax museum located by the Coco-Cola Orlando Eye.

(If you purchase Orlando Eye/SeaLife/Tussauds together you will get a nice discount.)

There's also numerous mini-golf/arcades located on I-Drive, in Lake Buena Vista, and US Highway 192 in Kissimmee.

There's also some great shopping choices such as the Premium Outlets on I-Drive, the Premium Outlets on Vineland, and the Florida Mall.

Another option would be an airboat adventure. There's numerous ones to choose from and you can get some really good deals on Groupon for those.

The Morse Museum in Winter Park is amazing! We went in September and spent a few hours there. Check their schedule because they are closed on Mondays and have shorter hours on some days.

Well worth the drive to Winter Park to enjoy the museum and restaurants.

January is a good time to see the manatees congregate in the springs. Blue Springs is a good place to see them.

Thanks for the ideas. Sound like some good ones. Sure we’ll have no trouble filling our time. One of my daughters loves manatees, so blue springs sounds like a great one for her.

Any thoughts on air boat rides? My daughters are both 8.

Have a look at Airboat Rides at Midway on Hwy50 at Christmas near Titisville

www.airboatridesatmidway.com 286501 E.Colonial Drive Christmas Florida 32709

Phone 407 568 6790 . One of the best

You then can have a look at the Replica fort ( with playground ) at Fort Christmas

OP, I might be doing something like this around that time next year, so once you finish your trip, I'd be curious which activities you ended up doing, which ones you enjoyed and which you would skip if you had it to do over. Thanks and I hope it's going well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts