Non-LA California residents, how often do you go to DL?

From Chico, have an AP, and go about 6 times/year. I generally stay 3-4 days.

2 day trips (Northern California), every couple of months. We tend to also go during Spring Break for 3-4 days.

When we had AP's we visited once a month for 3-4 days from Phoenix. Then the cost of AP's sky rocketed and we haven't been able to make a trip since. We do go to WDW every other year for 10 days so still have our Disney fix!

Oh I also wanted to ask, so those that go fairly frequently, do you fly or drive, or a combo of both?

I am in Tennessee and I like to go to Disney twice a year when possible, but I tend to go to different ones. WDW is closest and most common, but I have taken to peppering in DLR every couple of years. I am trying to check off all of the overseas ones as well, but so far have only done Tokyo. Because I like to switch it up, I don't have an AP.

For DLR I usually do 2 days and always fly to LA.

Had an AP up until this latest price increase. I live about 4 hours away driving in the Central Valley so we always drive. It depends on the trip but it would usually be 2 day trips (weekends). Since the AP increase, I've let mine go and now I am going for Halloween (been doing the party for 5 years now) for probably a couple of days and I am the Grad Nite co-ordinator for my high school so I go to that in May and it satiates my thirst for the most part.

I'm in the Seattle area. From 2003-2013 we averaged once a year. If we missed a year, we went twice the following year. My marriage ended, and park prices sky rocketed around 2013. Now, we are averaging every other year, or two. I had not planned on a trip this year, but my son is going with the high school band, so we are going along. We have had AP's 2 or 3 times in the last 15 years. The years we had them we made it a point to go twice. We typically go for 4 days.

When I was a Californian, I went twice in 17 years. Once with my mom, once with my dad.

I've gone far more often since moving OUT of California. :)

From the Portland area... We go a few times a year, and stay 3-5 days each time. No AP, as our military discount makes better financial sense.

Every 4-6 weeks for a long weekend. (Drive down Thurs night, go home Sunday.) Central CA, 5-6 hour drive. Drive because it takes just as long to fly, airports are 1.5 hours away... Christmas for 2 weeks, a week in the summer, and a few days at Spring break.

Last edited:
And how long do you stay each time? APs?

We try to go at least once a year for about a week, though we took a summer off after our youngest was born. When we have APs we go more frequently, but those other trips are just 2 or 3 day trips in between two summer vacations. We're going to be in Anaheim next week but going to Disneyland just one day, doing a day at Knott's for the first time, and hiking up to the Hollywood sign on our departure day.

Oh I also wanted to ask, so those that go fairly frequently, do you fly or drive, or a combo of both?

We drive. We do not live near an airport and the drive to and from Disneyland is only 5-6 hours so flying doesn't make much sense for our family. Plus we have 3 kids and that could get spendy. One of the reasons we haven't taken the kids to WDW is because the cost to fly makes the trip to Florida so much more expensive than Disneyland.

I’m in northern Ca and this is the first year we will be going twice in one year- the last 5 years we’ve gone once a year for 9 night- 5 park days plus days off and a kbf day. This year we added in a quick 2 Park day trip too. We haven’t been able to do AP’s maybe someday. We always fly on the cheap Southwest flights as my kiddo is a terrible road tripper lol

I live about 45minutes from PDX.
Have had an AP for the past 4years. I will not renew when my AP expires in November. Too expensive and anticipated crowds for SWL.

Being retired I try to go as often as possible.
This AP year I have gone the following months, October 6nights/6parkdays, December 1parkday, January 1night/2parkdays, February 4nights/5parkdays and March 1night/2parkdays.

Tentative trips in July or Aug, and again in October

I fly each time either into SNA or LGB.
JetBlue (LGB) is my preferred carrier because they usually have the lowest airfare.

G

Last edited:
We're in Sacramento and have been going on average once per year since our kids were 1 and 3 respectively (now 7 and 9). First trip was 3 days, second was 4 days, third was 5 days, fourth 2 days, fifth a single day. The shorter visits were in combination with other destinations Next visit will be 2 days in August. We've generally driven but flew one trip and thanks to Southwest points+companion pass, we'll be flying again in August. I'm sure the kids would like to go more often, but there are other places we'd like to visit and only so many vacation days a year. We have gone to WDW, Disneyland Paris, and will be hitting Tokyo Disneyland this fall.

I grew up in San Diego where DL was a 2-3 times per year trip. I live in Oklahoma now and we still go twice per year to see family still in SD and visit DL for 4-5 days each time. We are AP (me-Signature and DD-27 Deluxe).
Have been AP for a couple of years, but with the price hike, we may decide not to renew when they come up again. We'll have to see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!