non-home resort booking question

Mark Thornhill

Earning My Ears
I have noticed this entire week, the (late) night before I am to fall inside my all important 7 month window to book a reservation, the following day is available...the date I need.

But when I check the next morning (even way before the online booking time of 8 AM EST) the current date is gone before the online booking time begins.

what’s happening here?

only thing I can think of is DVC members with that home resort are making reservations last minute, but that doesn’t make much sense.

Last edited:
I have noticed this entire week, the (late) night before I am to fall inside my all important 7 month window to book a reservation, the following day is available...the date I need.

But when I check the next morning (even way before the online booking time of 8 AM EST) the current date is gone before the online booking time begins.

what’s happening here?

only thing I can think of is DVC members with that home resort are making reservations last minute, but that doesn’t make much sense.
Your first night must be no more than 7 months from today's date if you are booking a new reservation. But you can have up to 7 nights, initially, when you book. After that, you can add nights one day at a time as the 7 months + 6 nights window opens.

What you are seeing is members either walking an existing reservation forward or they are adding nights on to an existing reservation. Walking is more likely, but a member with multiple contracts (home resort that you're trying to book plus another resort elsewhere) could be using their non-home resort points to extend their reservation.

what was said above. Really to find "true" availability 6 months and 14 days is when i really start to look to see what is out there.

you get past people who are actively walking reservations. and you can look and make a choice on what you want to do. plenty of rooms if you are flexible at 6 months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter