Non-Fastpass DAS/characters

beckyb29

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone!

My son has SPD (seeker) and suspected ASD. We plan to ask for a DAS.

My question is regarding non-Fastpass experiences. Mainly, my is obsessed with Toy Story. I would love for him to meet Woody and Jessie in Toy Story Land...however, I know this is not a Fastpass option. I'm almost positive he won't be able to wait in what will probably be a very long line. I would be happy to stand in line for him, while my husband walks him around nearby. However, I don't want everyone to think they're "cutting" in line when I reach the front of the line. Is it possible to have them join me in situations like this, without upsetting those behind me?

On our last trip, we met Donald and Goofy at Magic Kingdom and didn't have too many issues in line, as he was in a baby carrier. This year, he's too big and there's no way I can keep in the Lillebaby anymore :)

Thanks so much for any advice/thoughts/experiences in situations like this :)

the toy story chariter meet out side I would suggest you all get in line together and when your son need to movehave one of you walk around close by and then come back, most people will not have a problem if you get in line at the same time and are close by when he does need to move some where,

also tr to meet when they first come out showing up 10 minutes before they show up can really help or right at RD as I think they show up right at RD.

does your son like to play games on the phone or DS device if so he can maybe sit off to the side a little paying a game and when if get closer to when it is your turn call him over.

They meet outside, the Woody/Jessie line has a rope but Buzz doesn’t. Both are basically straight lines so it’s be very easy for him to just walk up alongside you. For a party of 3 I can’t see anyone being annoyed.

As long as he is close by, and you don't take a lot of time getting him back into place when it is his turn, there should be no problem. Characters can only be out for a certain length of time, so being respectful of that goes a long way.

I agree with the others.
If it’s only two people joining the line, no one is likely to be bothered. If it was one person waiting in line, being joined by 5 or 6, that would be a different situation.

Also, I’m not sure how old he is, but a lot of people with autistic/possible autistic children use a stroller even if the child can walk. The stroller becomes a ‘safe haven’ that the child csn retreat to if needed.
You can get a tag at Guest Relations that allows a stroller to be used as a wheelchair.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!