Non-Disney Orlando Trip-Tips and where to stay

Scarlet_J

Mouseketeer
I wasn't quite sure where to put this, so I thought I'd try here. We are planning a trip this summer to the Orlando area and would like to do the "other" attractions in the area. Once we get in the Disney bubble, we tend to stay there. We would like to do Universal Studios (2 days), Legoland, and the Kennedy Space Center. Looking at the map, those attactions are all about an hour from each other in different directions. I'm okay with switching hotels once - likely staying at a Universal Hotel to get the perks there and then moving somewhere else. Is there a nice area that's more central? Or should we stay closer to one of the attactions? Or do you have any other tips for this kind of trip? We will fly in and out of MCO and rent a car from there.

We usually rent a house through VRBO in Kissimmee. We just did that in November and did US/IOA, a couple of dinner shows, saw Bohemian Rhapsody in IMAX, did the VOID at Disney Springs, etc.

I wasn't quite sure where to put this, so I thought I'd try here. We are planning a trip this summer to the Orlando area and would like to do the "other" attractions in the area. Once we get in the Disney bubble, we tend to stay there. We would like to do Universal Studios (2 days), Legoland, and the Kennedy Space Center. Looking at the map, those attactions are all about an hour from each other in different directions. I'm okay with switching hotels once - likely staying at a Universal Hotel to get the perks there and then moving somewhere else. Is there a nice area that's more central? Or should we stay closer to one of the attactions? Or do you have any other tips for this kind of trip? We will fly in and out of MCO and rent a car from there.
Portofino for your Universal stay. We have used it as a home base for Kennedy too. Haven't been to Legoland so can't comment on that one.

However, the new Margaritaville Resort is intriguing. We are staying at Margaritaville Hollywood Beach early summer and depending on our stay there, may have to try the Orlando one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter