Noise at AKV Jambo Value / Pool View

Eldon32

Welcome Home
We're looking to book a room next year at AKV Jambo House but have never tried a value room or a standard view facing the pool. Can someone tell me what the noise is like normally (pre-covid); if you could hear anything during the day and what time they turned off the audio?

Thank you!

The value and standard pool view DVC rooms are all on the fifth floor, minimizing the risk of noise, although with balcony doors open you will hear some and also when they are doing afternoon events with speakers or music, evenings are generally quiet.

40% of value rooms have pool view, 40% savanna view, and 20% front entrance area view. You cannot request view but there is the chance to get savanna view. Nevertheless, be aware that it is very often not easy to get a value room. Studios and 2BRs very often fill within nanoseconds after 8 a.m. at 11-months out, when owners of AKV can begin reserving a room, and 1BRs often do not last much longer.

A little under 50% of the standard views at Jambo have pool view. The rest of the standards have savanna view. A member can make a non-guaranteed location request through MS with standard view, although one cannot request a standard view room that has "savanna view" because the MS person will act like there are no such things. If you want to try for savanna view with a standard view reservation, a request to make is for a room on the "Kudo Trail side of the building." That is the left side of the u-shaped building and all standard rooms on that side have savanna view.

Last edited:
We have stayed in several value rooms over the last many years. Most of the time we get pool view. Last year was the first year we got savanna and parking lot views. We had three studios, two with savanna view and one with parking lot. But all the rest of the times have been pool view. I am very sensitive to noises, and I do not remember ever having any issues. I think being on the 5th floor helps. Of course when you are on the balcony you will hear noises from the pool area but I just never remember anything that was disturbing enough to notice. Once the door closed, I could not hear anything. If you are going for a standard room I would definitely recommend requesting a room on the Kudo Trail. The partial savanna views are awesome and definitely a good deal compared to the savanna view. But I wouldn’t be disappointed if I got a pool view with a standard. The pool area is so beautiful and lush!

Thank you! I was not too concerned about the noise when the door is open, but sometimes you just want a little afternoon nap!

Stayed many times and just got back, value pool view. There may not be many people in the pool but CMs are doing a full pool routine with loud music, games, etc. Even on the 5th floor it is definitely not quiet. Doesn't bother me... I actually like all the activity. But YMMV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter