No wonder no one wants dogs!

Yes, it is true. They are still not allowed in tents and popups according to the WDW site.

I thought its was pets were not allowed to stay unattended in a tent or pop up but they were still allowed to stay there. So if the humans left the pets would have to be kenneled.

I thought its was pets were not allowed to stay unattended in a tent or pop up but they were still allowed to stay there. So if the humans left the pets would have to be kenneled.

Nope, they pretty much eliminated the situational aspect of that and just denied the pets all together in the tents and canvas sided campers. Some say its due to the thin material making it easier for them to be heard but I believe that it was because a dog would have very little trouble chewing its way out and that is why they are not allowed.

I can confirm my friend was not allowed to keep her dog in their high sided popup. She ended up driving it home to Miami and driving up the next day.

AND...... like so many other rules..... I have seen it broken.

Over on Facebook's Disney Mouse Campers group some one is saying that in the 200 loop someone was removed today over an incident with their dog They offer no details but I do see changes in dog policies in the offing.

That is encouraging!

2goofycampers - it would be helpful if they would include the great dog walkling paths as well.

I apologize if this is too much of a thread hijack, but I have a few questions about camping at the Fort with dogs. Our dog died five years ago, but we would like to get another dog within the next few years. I'm asking so that we will have it in our minds how to travel to the Fort with our furry relative when we do adopt again.

How far away is the Best Friends Dog Daycare? I understand it isn't within the Fort itself, is this correct? How early does it open? Would we be able to drop off our dog before rope drop, then return late in the evening?
Since I'm not sure if the dog we get will be a barker or not, I'm trying to mentally prepare for whether it can be left in the camper or not.

I apologize if this is too much of a thread hijack, but I have a few questions about camping at the Fort with dogs. Our dog died five years ago, but we would like to get another dog within the next few years. I'm asking so that we will have it in our minds how to travel to the Fort with our furry relative when we do adopt again.

How far away is the Best Friends Dog Daycare? I understand it isn't within the Fort itself, is this correct? How early does it open? Would we be able to drop off our dog before rope drop, then return late in the evening?
Since I'm not sure if the dog we get will be a barker or not, I'm trying to mentally prepare for whether it can be left in the camper or not.

Thank for for thinking ahead to prepare for an eventual trip to the Fort with a new fur baby. We spent a couple of years with our new pups before we took them to FW. (Before that they stayed home with the dogsitter). During that time we took them on many other campting trips where we were not away from the RV for long periods and could pretty much monitor their behavior. We would even bring our chairs and sit out of sight, but within hearing distance. We bagan by leaving them for short, then increasingly longer time periods. We frequently checked with neighbors to ask if the dogs were barking during our absence. We provided them with new and interesting toys and treats that might occupy them long-term. We spent a great deal of time, at home and away, socializing them with other dogs, so we could be comfortable bringing them to the dog park. But really, none of this was unique to any dog training.

Now we take them on almost every trip to WDW. We never leave them for more than 6 hours. When we leave, we make sure they are fed and exercised. We have found the TV or radio can help to block out noises that might trigger them. The horse and carriage rides seem to be the only thing that sets them into a barking frenzy, se we now request loops off those routes. When we are meeting family or friends during our trip and want to have unstructured park time, we leave them at home.

Best wishes in your journey to find a new "camping buddy"!

Best Friends is across the street from Port Orleans Riverside if that helps you with location. I am not sure of hours just saw when picking up or dropping off daughter and her kids. will the new fur baby be used to staying home by self during the day. we have found that helped our babies staying in camper by selves

Best Friends is across the street from Port Orleans Riverside if that helps you with location. I am not sure of hours just saw when picking up or dropping off daughter and her kids. will the new fur baby be used to staying home by self during the day. we have found that helped our babies staying in camper by selves
Best Friends Pet Care Center web site says their hours of operation are from 1 hour prior to park opening till 1 hour after park closing

I had a similar experience. My other non favorite thing is people who leave their animal off leash and then say as the animal is charging, "he is friendly". I am going in July and requested a dog free loop and such was noted on my reservation.

I had a similar experience. My other non favorite thing is people who leave their animal off leash and then say as the animal is charging, "he is friendly". I am going in July and requested a dog free loop and such was noted on my reservation.

Not sure how long ago you made your reservastion, but all camping loops now allow pets.

That is outrageous behavior on the part of the human. I love dogs, have many, and have no fear of any dog, but don't want dogs jumping on me in any situation. I don't even allow my own dogs to jump on me, or anyone else. There is no excuse for any dog to be off leash in a public, populated place.

I have zero tolerance for irresponsible pet owners. Not only is that super obnoxious, but they are putting their dog in danger as well. People should have to have licenses to own dogs.

Policy has changed and now all loops are pet friendly at FW

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!