No wonder no one wants dogs!

It just seems like one of their most desperate money grabs lately.

Interesting point, SL6827. The money angle.... :scratchin

I hadn't thought of that. They might be doing it to drive up hotel revenue. Sure they might make some guests angry but hey, the resorts are pretty full now as it is. If those folks don't like it, there are others who will put up with animals in the room next door in order to be able to get a room on property.

It will be interesting to see if they expand the number of on-property hotels accepting pets. If they expand, then it's definitely a money grab in my eyes.

Bama Ed

Unfortunately, a dog on our loop was attacked by another dog, while his owner was walking him on the road. He was bitten but is okay. The family with the offending dog has been allowed to stay! Most other campgrounds would have them packing!
I usually do not like to dwell on the negative, but this is crazy. As a dog owner I am becoming an advocate for no dogs, due to the poor response of management.
Fine let the family stay but the DOG has to GO. If the family can't or worse yet control the DOG KENNEL IT. If that was my dog that got bit That Family would be EXTREMELY LUCKY if all they got was a HUGE LAWSUIT and LOCKED UP. My Katie try to bull her way through everything mot to fight just to try and be the Alpha so we pretty much try and keep her away or on a very short leash where other dogs are concerned

With the exception of actual and needed service dogs, there is no need for Disney to allow dogs on property. It just seems like one of their most desperate money grabs lately.
SL6827 We bought our RV to bring our dogs with us. Would I consider another resort that allows them Heck NO. Ft W is the best resort on property and after the way we saw people interact and the overall AMBIANCE in AKL we couldn't wait to move to a cabin. Somehow I suspect it is a money grab by Disney but let them see a drop in bookings and added groundskeeping cost Because we all know that EVERY dog owner/walker will comply with pooper scooper requirements and I suspect it won't last too long

No need? I'm sorry but many of us dog owners have very well behaved dogs that are only heard if you knock on my RV door. Our boys are lazy as can be, i think 12 of the top 15 laziest breeds, i turn on the TV's and AC units, they sleep all day
Team B I agree until I know how mine will interact It is short leash or inside time Come to see us and you came just to see them. Just don't steal our garbage of course BRAVERY doesn't extend beyond the house

FTwMike - I agree about requiring the dog to go. The family is still here and the way the owner is now controlling his dogs is to threaten them with a big stick whenever someone walks by. (The incident happened when one of the dogs escaped its collar,/tie-up, but they are still tied outside. CMs told the owner of the bitten dog that the owner was a “real nice guy” (maybe nice but extremely ignorant).
My two were also nearly attacked when a dog jumped out of a golf cart, I stepped in front. We are leaving our guys with their pet sitter next trip for their safety.

You mean THE DOG on the head
Not me Michael Way I see it the owner needs some serious cocobolo therapy followed by wood shampoo. Allowing his dog to act aggressively then punishing it for the same behavior is a form of abuse.. Mine are the definition of spoiled You have seen the pics but when they act up they do get corrected

The whole point of us staying at the Fort was to take our dog.
Whole point of getting an RV was so we can go to The Fort and other places with ours.

We love staying in our RV and the fact that we can bring along our dogs is an added benefit, but not the only reason we stay at The Fort. My main point is that if Disney chooses to ignore behaviors by pets (and of course their owners who should be held responsible), we will need to rethink our plans. This last trip was not enjoyable at all due to the tension created by constant barkers, and aggressive dogs. It bears repeating that these incidents were reported more than once, by various campers, and no noticeable action was taken. The barkers and the biters stayed and carried on as before.
We were not even comfortable walking our dogs in our loop. We have already booked a dogsitter for our December trip, and unfortunately, we cannot even request a dog free loop for some paece and quiet, because they no longer exist.
The only positive I can say is that we did not step in a sngle pile of dog poop during our stay, and that's an improvement!
I cannot think of a single campground, or hotel that would tolerate such inconsiderate and dangerous behaviors.

You'd have no problem with my three dogs......unless you knock on my rv door or make a lot of noise outside on my site.

I am disgusted by the lack of response by Disney.

1) Call or visit the Front Desk.
2) Ask for the DUTY MANAGER (use that exact phrase).
3) It is the Duty Manager's job to maintain a comfortable atmosphere.
. . . they will visit the offender and talk to them
. . . they can order Security to visit the offender
. . . if the offender does not comply, the offender can be thrown out of a resort
4) Guests must be mindful of other guests, and can be expelled if they are not.

. . . if the offender does not comply, the offender can be thrown out of a resort
I would visit not call Front Desk with video if possible

Thank you for providing the name to ask for. we will keep that in mind for future visits. (Hopefully will not need it - 1st time we've ever encountered such unpleasant circumstances.)
Strangely, when we were chatting with another "Halloween regular", they related that when they made a different noise complaint to the front desk, they were told they would need to send security over from another resort, and suggested that they could call the Sherriff's Office themselves for a faster response.

We love staying in our RV and the fact that we can bring along our dogs is an added benefit, but not the only reason we stay at The Fort. My main point is that if Disney chooses to ignore behaviors by pets (and of course their owners who should be held responsible), we will need to rethink our plans. This last trip was not enjoyable at all due to the tension created by constant barkers, and aggressive dogs. It bears repeating that these incidents were reported more than once, by various campers, and no noticeable action was taken. The barkers and the biters stayed and carried on as before.
We were not even comfortable walking our dogs in our loop. We have already booked a dogsitter for our December trip, and unfortunately, we cannot even request a dog free loop for some paece and quiet, because they no longer exist.
The only positive I can say is that we did not step in a sngle pile of dog poop during our stay, and that's an improvement!
I cannot think of a single campground, or hotel that would tolerate such inconsiderate and dangerous behaviors.

I normally have no issue with dogs at hotels but it sounds like Disney is really dropping the ball on this one. They need to enforce the no excessive barking rules.

Interestingly, I was in the GF yesterday for the princess Aurora tea party and I saw three dogs. Two had service vests on (although one of the service dogs, a husky, was whining and pulling on his lead - that seems like unusual behavior for a service dog) and the other dog had no service markings - he just appeared to be a (very well behaved) pet.

My thoughts...

First of all sorry you had to deal with this and even worse sorry that Disney didn't jump on it to address the issue. They dropped the ball big time. But it's also hard to tell sometimes if things are going on in the background, but my guess is you got the offsite call center CM that was nearing the end of their shift. ;)

Bottom line is it's 100% on the owners to maintain a respectful and trained dog - at all times. We have two dogs and sadly our older Golden is a barker and worse now that her hearing and vision are declining, thus camping trips are no longer something she gets to go on often unless we're with her all the time. We won't leave her in the RV without a bark collar. Thankfully the collar even if its not charged is about all it takes for her not to bark.

As for the money grab with dogs or not, I have mixed feelings. Within the RV community people camping with dogs are definitely not a minority, campground that ban them completely can see upwards of 60% of the potential market stay away. By opening up the entire FW to being open to dogs they increase the potential clientle base, maybe instead of having dog loops they need to have some non-animal loops. Full Time RVers, often travel with pegs, if they ban them they will lose out on that population. And lets face it that population often has the funds that Disney is looking for. So they can't ignore the population, but like any well run RV resort they need to have rules and they need to enforce those rules across the board.

Since the owners were visited by the CMs and police it might be a safe assumption they were being kicked out, but as with any private housing location the Government likes to create laws. So it may have taken a few days to get them removed. It wouldn't shock me if others had complained as well.

FWIW - just returned from our December trip (without our dogs). Although we had many four-legged neighbors, they were extremely well-behaved. Kind of restored our desire to try again with the pups.
We could hear incessant barking off in the distance and were very glad we were not being subjected to a reoeat of our October experience! We visited three resorts and only saw one "service dog" (in quotes because this one was also exhibiting bad behavior).
Interestingly, we were chatting with a long-term snowbird-in-residence at the Fort, who argured vehemently that the Fort still has pet-friendly, and pet-free loops. Wishful thinking!

"Service Dog". Just about means nothing anymore. Anyone can get a permit for a dog to be a "service dog" and it really have no training at all. Furthermore, some of the ridiculous reasons people need "service dogs" actually can tell you a lot about the owners and explain the sometimes bad behavior of the dog.

Glad your second round was better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!