"No, We're Not Getting Married at Disney!" a 2018 tripS report - update 10/25 AKL food + DHS Day

I love that you started your day with an AKL brunch and ended it with a late night meal at the same resort. Animal Kingdom Lodge is such a great park of the WDW property, and all your food looked delicious. I loved her bread pudding syrup on waffles hack. My goodness that looked yummy.

I feel like people either love Fantasmic or could care less about it. You gave it a shot and can say you saw it, and now you know to save your time for other adventures.

A hen do...I did not know that. Interesting!

The next morning I was not feeling the world's best. Was it all those lovely drinks you saw in the previous two posts? NO! It was my dumb self having ordered late night nachos from Picabu with extra pickled jalapenos and my dumb drunk-ish self having eaten ALL of those jalapenos. Seriously, it had to be about 30 pickled jalapeno slices.... My tummy was revolting a bit... :rotfl:

Oh no!! :laughing: That's some classic bachelorette bad decision making right there...too many jalapenos.

Boma continues to be one of my very favorite breakfast options.

::yes:: :goodvibes

Our host, Chikanda (sp?) from Zambia was so sweet and knowledgeable. We learned a lot about the art in the restaurant and were treated to a sample of three different types of bread and three dips (from the Sanaa bread service) and a quick visit from the chef after our tour of the restaurant.

This sounds excellent!

The Muppets shop was underwhelming. They need some good Fozzie merch! I would spend a small fortune. OMG I just thought of a Fozzie Dooney... I know it'll never happen, but a girl can dream! As you can see, this long-sleeved tee caught both of our eyes...

I also noticed there wasn't much Fozzie selection when we were there. Nathan is a big fan of The Muppets.

We did enjoy when John Smith visited Pocahontas... :rotfl:

:rotfl:

Bread service - $16. Gimme all them bad boys. Official description: "Choice of Five Breads and with all Nine Accompaniments - Traditional Naan, Garlic-Ginger Naan, Spiced Naan, Onion Kucha, or Paneer Paratha. Accompaniments - Cucumber Riata, Roasted Red Pepper Hummus, Mango Chutney, Tomato-Date Jam, Tamarind Chutney, Coriander Chuntey, Garlic Pickle, Red Chile Sambal, or Spicy Jalapeño-Lime Pickle

Yummmmmm. :cloud9:

Love the bread service, wow prices just keep rising at Disney! I will also pay the exorbitant price for bread:rotfl:It is so delicious. Do you stick with all naan or get the other breads? I think we will do all naan in January.

I heard PizzeRizzo closed, wow, wonder what will go in there? I love the Muppets so fun! I sure hope they leave the Muppets in this area and not get some big old idea to change it.

I’m with you, I do like Fantasmic but not a must do! We have been 2x in all our trips!

Boma continues to be one of my very favorite breakfast options. I feel like I discovered it way too late in my returned-to-Disney-as-an-adult-superfan life and I am making up for lost time. A couple quick photos, I didn't eat as much as I would usually like to since I was still enjoying the above-referenced jalapeno-induced gastric distress:
I love, love, love Boma breakfast!

and our server was very kind and brought us all Jungle Juice mimosas to celebrate the bachelorette.
Sweet!

As always, the coffee was excellent and despite being on the late end of breakfast, we weren't rushed with our service at all. We had some final bawdy bachelorette chatter :blush: (some of those ladies make me look like a prude!) and reminisced over how much fun we'd had all weekend.
Haha! Best conversations ever! So fun to have all your friends together!

Once all our bags were stowed and we'd changed and freshened up, we headed down to the Sanaa podium to join the "Cultural Tour" which was very worthwhile for the bargain price of FREE fiddy!
Sounds like fun!

because from ToT we grabbed a box of popcorn and then headed over to Baseline Taphouse.
I need to try this place!

YES, FIRST TIME! Can you believe it? We took seats in the uppermost section where it's really "overflow" seating. We were warned several times that it wasn't great viewing, but we wanted to be able to exit quickly. I still haven't had what I would call a proper view, but I have to say, I just don't think Fantasmic is my thing. I did enjoy seeing it, but I wouldn't go out of my way to see it again.
I feel the exact same way. I went once with Bill and the boys and then again this August. It was just a meh experience for me.

When in Rome, you do as the Romans do, and when staying at Kidani, you go to Sanaa Lounge post haste!
Sanaa!!!!

Samosas – with Potato and Pea Samosa with Tamarind and Mango Chutney – $9.00. Always good, always filling. Fried "hats" (at least that's how I think of them) filled with spicy potato and pea goodness? Count me in.
I love these!

The salad sampler trio, which has changed (seasonally?) and was good, but didn't have my favorites on it. This time it was Berber Black-Eyed Pea, Jicama and Citrus, Tunisian Beet Chermoula ($9) Still tasty and still a good value, in my book.
This is delicious as well!

Bread service - $16. Gimme all them bad boys. Official description: "Choice of Five Breads and with all Nine Accompaniments - Traditional Naan, Garlic-Ginger Naan, Spiced Naan, Onion Kucha, or Paneer Paratha. Accompaniments - Cucumber Riata, Roasted Red Pepper Hummus, Mango Chutney, Tomato-Date Jam, Tamarind Chutney, Coriander Chuntey, Garlic Pickle, Red Chile Sambal, or Spicy Jalapeño-Lime Pickle" Price currently raised to $17. Whatever, Disney. I guess I will play this extortion game but the Sanaa lounge menu online still says $13. Think they would honor that?
Up to $17??? For us poor Canadians that is $22 with our horrible exchange rate right now...... Still worth it though!

Was it all those lovely drinks you saw in the previous two posts? NO! It was my dumb self having ordered late night nachos from Picabu with extra pickled jalapenos and my dumb drunk-ish self having eaten ALL of those jalapenos. Seriously, it had to be about 30 pickled jalapeno slices.... My tummy was revolting a bit... :rotfl:
Well technically it was the drinks that caused the nachos which had the jalapeños, so......... If you give Melinda flower and garden.....

(they sure are tasty topped with the sauces meant for the bread pudding! BOTH! YASSSS)
Still haven't been able to try this since I first saw you do it. Will have to get to Boma on our next trip

we headed down to the Sanaa podium to join the "Cultural Tour" which was very worthwhile for the bargain price of FREE fiddy!
I've never of this but am all for anything with free Bread Service!

MarqmhMl.png
Sadly we still have not gotten here. Definitely in February. Beer and Pretzels are calling my name.

California Cheese and Charcuterie Plate ($10) - Toma Farmstead Cheese, Point Reyes Original Blue Cheese, Laura Chenel's Sonoma Goat Cheese, Chorizo and Calabrese Salami, Cornichons, Grapes and Toasted Baguettes
And charcuterie too!!!! That definitely doesn't look like $10 and the same price as the beer. Guessing the means it will be $20 by next week :P

I took a picture of the inside of a popcorn box for whatever reason. In case you ever needed to know....
How did you know I needed to know? I love how the popcorn just sits there at the bottom of the box yet you can tell there was once some there by the butter trail down the sides. You should have taken this home and put it on display. It's difficult to find so much symmetry in a popcorn box :P

YES, FIRST TIME! Can you believe it? We took seats in the uppermost section where it's really "overflow" seating. We were warned several times that it wasn't great viewing, but we wanted to be able to exit quickly. I still haven't had what I would call a proper view, but I have to say, I just don't think Fantasmic is my thing. I did enjoy seeing it, but I wouldn't go out of my way to see it again.
I cannot believe it! We haven't seen it in FOREVER. Like Casey doesn't even remember it FOREVER. But I do enjoy it or at least I think I do.

For dinner, we shared small plates. I love Sarah, she is a good sharer :-)
Sarah sounds like my kinda girl!

Lamb Kefta Skewers ($15) Wait... $15?! "with Tunisian Couscous Salad and Peppadew-Goat Cheese" These were good, but not $15 good. They had an unadvertised sweet glaze. I guess you can't be angry when you've already paid the credit card bill.
Did you get to keep the souvenir skewers :-)

Yum! I've always wanted to try these but since they aren't on the dinner menu I never remember to ask if I can order them

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!