No swank discount on AP’s this year, I suppose?

I think the day of tickets discounts could be _______________________________________________
Enter your own thoughts

You're probably correct, but that doesn't stop us from wishing for something, LOL. I'm wishing for a repeat of the 13 month deal. :)

Me too!!

Honestly, when DVC started selling the fixed week option, I'm surprised that they haven't offered the 13-month AP yet. People who travel the same week each year cannot take advantage of the AP if that is the only week they travel since it will expire on their arrival date.

Out of the 4 AP deals that we've taken advantage of since being DVC members, this 13 month one was definitely ideal....So much so, that we got 3 trips out of em...

Years ago, back in 2012 I believe, we had one that was $299 for a basic AP.....Which was nice too

In the same situation, our AP expires soon. No rush to renew until we get closer to our next trip. Hoping another set of discounts come around, but not sure it will happen. One more year of discounts could happen as SWGE won't open until late fall when most of the passes will expire or be close to it.

I’m skeptical about seeing a discount this year, also. How about the option of a monthly payment plan for DVC owners like FL residents are offered? It would take the sting out of it a little and if we had this option, we’d probably always have APs instead of letting them expire and repurchasing when we know we’ll get multiple uses out of them.

Thinking back now, when we bought our DVC contract in 2011, the following year was our 1st trip, and we did buy the $299 basic AP.
Then we bought our 2nd one with a deal that they had for a platinum for $350 or so. Then 2 years ago they had the 13 month one, and this last one which we currently have is the $569...
SO what I'm saying is this. :teacher:(LoL),the first one we got in 2012, 2nd was in 2014, the 3rd was 2016, and the current one is this year...So with that being said , if it currently stays the same way, then I would think nothing would come out till the end, of 2019/2020:confused3..Don't know if that is true or not, but just a guess.

Got three trips out of 2018's deal for myself, two each for DD1 and DS. Have not even done the math but know it was a great deal and saved some money. Of course, it also helped me commit to running the Disney Half in 2019 too so Disney benefited as well..

We too are hoping for a DVC member AP discount this year. The 13 month AP from a year years ago was nice, as were some of the others offered over the years. We kept hoping to receive something in the mail/email in the weeks leading up to ours expiring but nothing came. Fingers crossed for a discount before summer.

I really wouldn't hold your breath for one. One year from now includes Star Wars opening. They do not need to incentivize people to come to the parks for that. I would more so expect one in 2020 in order to pull people in before the big 50th celebration year.

I really wouldn't hold your breath for one. One year from now includes Star Wars opening. They do not need to incentivize people to come to the parks for that. I would more so expect one in 2020 in order to pull people in before the big 50th celebration year.

Yeah, they'll probably charge extra and only give you 11 months. There's the new promo.

Yeah, they'll probably charge extra and only give you 11 months. There's the new promo.

Actually, I could see a nice promo to pull in new Riviera direct buyers. The benefit of pulling in poor folk into a 50 year contract that's worth very little after they sign is worth a couple hundred off an AP here and there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter