No sticky wings at kona

Haley R

DIS Veteran
Someone posted an article today showing Kona changed their menu. We have an adr for 2/1 and I was most excited for the sticky wings. Turns out those are gone now and replaced with fire roasted bbq wings which doesn’t appeal to me at all. Should we eat at a different monorail resort?

Were you going just for the wings? The menu there is really good, and was one of our favorite meals in December.

Don't quote me, but I think you can get the wings and possibly the pot stickers at the sushi bar! I'm bummed about the lack of sticky wings at Kona now too, but you never know, could end up liking the new wings better!

Not really happy the menu change but I don't think we'll give up on Kona yet.

Don't quote me, but I think you can get the wings and possibly the pot stickers at the sushi bar! I'm bummed about the lack of sticky wings at Kona now too, but you never know, could end up liking the new wings better!
We might wander over there before our adr just to see what they say. Thanks!

I don't know but my guess would be the food there comes from Kona's kitchen.

There’s a not so happy review on TripAdvisor today from someone about the menu change. Just one person’s opinion though

Someone posted an article today showing Kona changed their menu. We have an adr for 2/1 and I was most excited for the sticky wings. Turns out those are gone now and replaced with fire roasted bbq wings which doesn’t appeal to me at all. Should we eat at a different monorail resort?
Yes.
If Kona’s menu no longer appeals to you, eat somewhere else.

We might wander over there before our adr just to see what they say. Thanks!

I know you can get ('Ohana) potstickers at Tambu but not sure about wings. I'm assuming Kona pot stickers are similar/same as 'Ohana?

We got the wings at Tambu at the end of December, but they’re not listed on the menu.
I’m assuming if they’re gone from Kona they are probably gone from tambu as well. So I’m wondering if ohana is changing theirs too?

I was planning on just getting the wings and pot stickers

if that is all you were planning to order i would not go. Hang on to your ADR for a while because they may show back up, but if they are gone for good, and they were 1/2 of your meal....ditch the ADR.

They replaced them with pork "wings" which an early review indicates are quite good.

https://wdwnt.com/2019/01/review-kona-cafes-new-menu-brings-a-sea-of-mixed-results/
Thank you for posting this. That looks absolutely disgusting to me so we will be making an adr somewhere else. If they would’ve been just wings maybe I would consider but not now. So we need a new adr in or around mk. Any suggestions?

We did look at the wave and grand Floridian cafe menus and they didn’t look amazing but we haven’t tried them before. I doubt I could get an ohana reservation this late

We ended up booking crystal palace for now at 7:55 pm. We’ve never eaten there before and I do love Winnie the Pooh

Thank you for posting this. That looks absolutely disgusting to me so we will be making an adr somewhere else. If they would’ve been just wings maybe I would consider but not now. So we need a new adr in or around mk. Any suggestions?

We did look at the wave and grand Floridian cafe menus and they didn’t look amazing but we haven’t tried them before. I doubt I could get an ohana reservation this late

They look good to me but I didn't have the love of the Kona wings that others did.

Presuming you are looking for a non-signature restaurant in the MK area, we do like the Wave and GFC but both for breakfast and not lunch or dinner. We enjoy Whispering Canyon at the Wilderness Lodge. It isn't technically on the monorail loop, but a quick boat ride away. The bbq isn't the best in the world, but its a fun atmosphere but I don't think they have wings on the menu. Geyser Point does though, but we haven't eaten them. Its a nice and relaxed outdoor lounge right on Bay Lake.

We generally book ADRs day of and Ohana does have last minute availability often, though you couldn't be guaranteed anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter