No "Stay out of the damn lakes today"...?

considering the nature of the beast i would expect these guys to go back to all the restaurants again and again. Like them or not.

How else can you be an expert and talk about the restaurant? I don't want someone who ate there 10 years ago to contaminate my expectation with how things used to be there. I want a review and opinion that is based on how it is now.

considering the nature of the beast i would expect these guys to go back to all the restaurants again and again. Like them or not.

How else can you be an expert and talk about the restaurant? I don't want someone who ate there 10 years ago to contaminate my expectation with how things used to be there. I want a review and opinion that is based on how it is now.
And places do change. Look at Tony's. Pete dissed that place for ages and now has said it is actually not nearly as bad as it used to be.

One big problem with Disney when it comes to restaurants is inconsistency. A place can be great one time and awful the next or vice versa. I appreciate that they keep going back to the places over and over and giving fresh information.

I think it's an important tagline. I can easily see how those coming from other areas might not understand the seriousness of both the water safety and gators. Where I live much of the water in the wild is (relatively) safe to enter, it's a very natural part of outdoor exploring here to include swimming in lakes, river rafting and canoeing.
Obviously with little ones (and adults too) you take serious considerations for drowning, ie sudden drop offs, undercurrents that make it dangerous, always using life jackets but water activities in lakes by their nature are fun and common here.

I don't disagree, but think it could now be done in a more tasteful way, especially after the accident.

I don't disagree, but think it could now be done in a more tasteful way, especially after the accident.
What happened was that the poor child died, Pete retired the catchphrase and explained that he was doing it out of respect etc.
But lo and behold, he was at (or he saw a picture) of someone at a Disney resort only a few weeks or so later, and they were playing at the waters edge.
He spoke about it on the show and explained that that was the reason he was bringing the tagline back, because a child died and idiots were still willingly playing by the water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!