No shows during food and wine?

Looking at the hours for when we will be there is looks like they cancel pretty much all the California Adventure shows during food and wine, which stinks. I've never seen the Frozen show and definitely wanted to see it, but it looks like it's just not scheduled during F&W.

Did they do that last year too?

Last edited:
I don't think you can know yet that any shows have been "canceled". Disney generally only starts posting park hours around six weeks out and is notoriously slow about filling in the entertainment schedule. Food and Wine starts on March 2, and that's the last day Disney has hours up on the calendar right now. I'm assuming they simply haven't filled in the entertainment schedule yet.

I agree with the PP - it's exciting to look 6 weeks out and see the hours begin to fill in but honestly you can't look at the schedule the day it's posted as carved into stone - I have seen operation hours change even between 6 weeks out and when we got there as well as other issues such as new refurbishments - but stuff like entertainment can take a time to be updated.

The frozen show should be going on. The only events in the theatre so far are 2 Celebrity Chef events that are taking place at 8pm on 2 Friday nights. Right now the Frozen show is playing daily at like 12, 3, and 5 and lasts and hour.

As others have said, DLR doesn't necessarily post entertainment information right at the 45-day mark. It usually trickles out over a period of weeks. The F&W does (usually) mean no parade because the booths block the route, but it doesn't normally impact any of the other entertainment. WoC might be impacted by the Pixar Pier construction at some point, but so far it hasn't been.

In terms of Frozen: Live at the Hyperion, it probably means they haven't yet decided on the show times. I doubt they're cancelling the show; they just announced auditions for new performers.

Thanks for the updates, I hope that’s correct, it seems odd that they have had it listed every day and then it’s not listed the day before and the first day of F&W. As we have been getting closer to my trip (Mar 1-3), I have been checking that each day and it’s the first time I’ve seen those shows missing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter