No rooms during Marathon weekend

tiggerunner

Mouseketeer
Not having any luck in any resort for rooms during Marathon weekend. Is it really that bad or is something going on. Can get a room through WDW.

Not having any luck in any resort for rooms during Marathon weekend. Is it really that bad or is something going on. Can get a room through WDW.
DVC villas are all usually booked on points for the marathon early. If you don't book it at seven months out, you could still waitlist and see if you can get anything. But multiple nights for a stay during that time are going to be extremely difficult to book if you haven't waitlisted already.

Several years ago, we tried to add one more night to the start of our marathon trip via waitlist and couldn't get it. I think we waited until about four months out. We wound up booking a single night for cash at SSR. It was the night before the start of the Expo.

DVC villas are all usually booked on points for the marathon early. If you don't book it at seven months out, you could still waitlist and see if you can get anything. But multiple nights for a stay during that time are going to be extremely difficult to book if you haven't waitlisted already.

Several years ago, we tried to add one more night to the start of our marathon trip via waitlist and couldn't get it. I think we waited until about four months out. We wound up booking a single night for cash at SSR. It was the night before the start of the Expo.
Thanks, I have waitlisted and will keep checking. My backup is the Swan through Bonvoy s points.

I use waitlists and it's the one time that I never could get to come thru even when going up a size villa. I went to VB that weekend instead. :goodvibes

I got some reservations for Marathon Weekend, but I did it very early, and the selection for unit types and views was more limited than I would have expected.

Your best bet is to waitlist and stalk to cobble together a reservation. Marathon weekend is a difficult weekend if you don't want a split stay to book last minute.

I did that 2 years ago for the 25th anniversary marathon and ended up (all in studios) 1 night AKLJ-KJC, 1 night AKLJ-Sav, 3 nights Poly LV. This was deciding September 28th that I wanted to run that race, so there is hope!

Also, people are still altering their plans. I just canceled a 4 night marathon weekend OKW-HH stay 2 weeks ago (decided to go MLK weekend instead).

Our February School Vacation falls during the Marathon weekend, and I was very lucky to get a 2 bedroom at BCV at 7 months, no studios were available last year. I was following both, because I was trying to grab a studio for my sister, and had to grab a 1 bedroom at BWV. Marathon weekend is tough. Good luck!

Our February School Vacation falls during the Marathon weekend, and I was very lucky to get a 2 bedroom at BCV at 7 months, no studios were available last year. I was following both, because I was trying to grab a studio for my sister, and had to grab a 1 bedroom at BWV. Marathon weekend is tough. Good luck!
Marathon weekend is in January. Are you talking about the Princess Half?

Marathon weekend is in January. Are you talking about the Princess Half?

Yeah, the Princess Half is at the end of Presidents Day week and it’s gotten progressively more difficult to book over the past five years. We’re going again in 2021 and I’m hoping to do a split stay between VGF and Riviera 2B units. Both of those will be at seven months, but I’ll have our home resorts (AKV, OKW) already booked. It’s possible I won’t get what I want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!