No Rain In Our Forecast--Wishes Farewell Tour--April 2017 Trip Report COMPLETED

I'm enjoying your trip and so glad I found this report. I see you got to MK before the rope drop. We will be taking the bus from ASSp and want to arrive at MK early enough to get a coffee and light breakfast from Starbucks, get some photos, and be ready to go straight to Peter Pan (hoping to FP 7dmt). What time should be catch a bus?

I lol'd about Stitch handing out the Portuguese maps!!
I knew you loved the nachos but didn't realize we could use our AP discount there :thumbsup2 Told Steve what you said about the nachos too so we'll probably be trying them with the boys.
Cute HM tank! I bought a different one back in March, didn't wear it that trip but I'm bringing it next week since it's supposed to be high 90's already :eek:

I'm enjoying your trip and so glad I found this report. I see you got to MK before the rope drop. We will be taking the bus from ASSp and want to arrive at MK early enough to get a coffee and light breakfast from Starbucks, get some photos, and be ready to go straight to Peter Pan (hoping to FP 7dmt). What time should be catch a bus?
Glad to have you along! I'm not exactly sure what time we got in line for the bus or actually got on but going back and looking at pictures on my phone the time stamp was 7:25. We were already on the bus when I took the picture. It was a 9 am opening that day too. It was really nice to be able to take our time and enjoy the morning. :flower1:

I lol'd about Stitch handing out the Portuguese maps!!
I knew you loved the nachos but didn't realize we could use our AP discount there :thumbsup2 Told Steve what you said about the nachos too so we'll probably be trying them with the boys.
Cute HM tank! I bought a different one back in March, didn't wear it that trip but I'm bringing it next week since it's supposed to be high 90's already :eek:
Yes!! The AP discount made the kids portion cheap!! And it filled me up just fine! You can also used the AP discount on the "nacho challenge" there too!
I had looked at the other one online before the trip and then seen this one. I loved the fabric and material on this one that I had to have it! It was definitely pretty warm during the day when we were there. I'm glad I packed tanks!

Thanks for the map, Stitch!!! LOL That is pretty hilarious! :stitch:

I have only been to Pecos Bill's twice, I think, but this last trip I enjoyed my food SO MUCH and that topping bar!!! I can't wait to go back. I had the fajitas last time, but your picture has me thinking I should go for the nachos next time!

Also, LOVE your photo edit with the Mickey bar :mickeybar

Thanks for the map, Stitch!!! LOL That is pretty hilarious! :stitch:

I have only been to Pecos Bill's twice, I think, but this last trip I enjoyed my food SO MUCH and that topping bar!!! I can't wait to go back. I had the fajitas last time, but your picture has me thinking I should go for the nachos next time!

Also, LOVE your photo edit with the Mickey bar :mickeybar

It had been since 2011 since I ate there. The menu change was right up my ally! It was all soooo yummy!!!

Great trip so far! I swore I commented here before, then again this move is making me crazy, so who knows!

Glad you guys had such a fun start to the trip.

Joining in! I am also a twenty something with a hubs that loves Disney a little less than I do - but I am working on him! haha How fun you got to go with your cousin!

We had an uneventful drive. Finally around 6:17 Disney time we were headed through the gates.

Did you all drive through the night? What pros! Enjoying the report so far! :)

Wishes Farewell Tour Starts Here...
Soooo when the announcement came out earlier this year about Wishes ending. I was super bummed!

I don't do change well...I was already had the Disney Blues over Celebrate the Magic and Main Street Electrical parade. Oh how would I move on?!?!?! After that announcement I decided we needed to see Wishes as much as we could on this trip....and so it begins.....

After a pretty short nap we got up and got ready to head to MK. I can't really remember if we took the bus or I drove. :confused3 Anywho.. Minor details...We had made our 4th FP+ for Pirates so we set off to Adventureland! It was around 5:00 pm when we got there. It was pretty toasty outside at this point. They had been calling for rain all day but some how we missed it again and had nothing but sunshine for the rest of the evening! :beach:
Finally we made it to Pirates without issue. We even sat in the back so we didn't get wet like we have sometimes done in the past.
After Pirates we walked around to Jungle Cruise. The wait was a little longer than we would have liked at this point. I wasn't able to get the 5Th FP+ either so we decided on riding the Magic Carpets! The line was pretty short and didn't take long at all.

HNNCkap.jpg

After taking our Magic Carpet tour I had one thing on my mind!
W9y24Sc.jpg

I had never had this tasty treat before. I sent this picture to a friend back home who has given me grief over not have tried it before. I think I need to find the one with rum for next trip! we sat and people watched for a bit. I had also found a 7:30pm FP+ for Splash! We decided to use one of our extra FP for BTMRR. So we done that first. After we stopped by the bathrooms at Splash and then sat on the benches where Woody and Jessie used to meet to make a quick call home while we were waiting for our FP+ window to open up! Once it was time we made our way around to the front. I got several complients on my shirt! It read... "Its the truth, it's actual. Everything is Satisfactual. Splash is one of my absolute favorites and it already had been announced it would be down for refurb during our September trip. So its obvious we had to ride it as much as possible!
ymhH8U3.jpg

We made a dash for 7DMT to use our second extra FP. We were on and off in no time!
ZzMozvI.jpg

By this point it was nearing 8:30 and we headed to the front to find a spot for Wishes. I had been texting with my friend Megan to see if they were going to watch Wishes. They were on the monorail heading back from O'hana so we all decided to try to find a spot together. We found a pretty good spot on Main Street. It wasn't long before Megan and her family joined us and the show started. This was their first Disney trip so Wishes was new for them! Her kids are small so watching them see it was so exciting. Especially when Tink flew! At one point Megan looked over at me and asked if it was normal to cry. I told her I still tear up just about every time. After it was over we chatted about our plans for the week and realized we had some of the same park days. We planned to meet up again later on during the week. Before we parted ways no meet up in Disney is complete without a picture to prove it!
El1ZOGk.jpg

We had already decided before we came to the park we would be having supper at Casey's! I have been craving a chili cheese dog ever since last trip!
TCVdLHG.jpg

We found a spot outside at the tables to sit and people watch. We weren't in to big of a hurry because of the Wishes crowd trying to get out. This is why I think we drove because its usually a little harder to get to the parking lot after park close than taking the bus. We finished up our meal and headed towards the exit. We stopped for a picture first. This actually ended up being one of my favorites of me and Chelsy!
2j03AUm.jpg

As we were walking out they played the Kiss goodnight. I had actually never seen it before and surprised they done it so soon after the park had closed.

We stopped for a picture in front of the Train Station before we left. There wasn't a photographer out so we just used my phone. princess:
NBaQbJI.jpg

We made it back to the car and the room pretty quick. Being a nightshifter it takes me a little while to wind down so I caught some Stacey Tv after my shower. Chelsy doesn't really get it though.:happytv:
Next up DHS and a little off site adventure!

Last edited:
I think I need to find the one with rum for next trip! we sat and people watched for a bit.

I have never had a desire to eat a dole whip, but I also never knew rum was an option :) Perhaps I will check that out this December!!

At one point Megan looked over at me and asked if it was normal to cry. I told her I still tear up just about every time.

Of course it's normal!!!!! :sad:

As we were walking out they played the Kiss goodnight. I had actually never seen it before and surprised they done it so soon after the park had closed.

I only just read about the Kiss Goodnight maybe a year ago, and I really thought we would catch it on our trip last December because we planned to be there for a few late nights. Too bad we were too pooped and never actually made it to the end of a night!

Amazing TR so far, I'm happy I stumbled upon it!

little background info on me…I hate finishing up packing last minute.

SAME. Like, it's anxiety provoking. I have a list going right now that is taped to our suitcases of all the 'last minute' packing times (i.e. toothbrush, deodorant, etc)

Well it took me foreverrrrrr to go to sleep! I had reached the beyond exhausted phase/too excited.

That worst! It's like you're so tired you can sleep. Which is weird.

I felt like the trip was official after we rode this.

BEST FEELING EVER!

For giggles we decided to check out the wait time on TSMM as we walked out. It said 20 mins. So we were like why not?!?!:confused3
We literally walked right on. It took longer to get to the ride itself than the line.

AMAZING. 20 min?! Yes, please.

We were stopped by some CM handing out free churros!

Seriously?! Loving all the little pixie dustings you received :love:

They had closed everything as we came out of the gift shop. We headed towards the park exit just as Fantasmic was letting out.:eek:

I have nightmares about the crowd after Fantasmic. I always make who ever I'm with leave 3-4 min prior to the show ending. Can't dot it, won't do it.

We took a little detour through Memento Mori. Chelsy bought her sister Miranda a Haunted mansion sweatshirt she had had her eye on from the last trip. Miranda's birthday was that next Friday so it would be a perfect gift! I eyed a cute HM grey tank. I ended up buying it but not wearing it for the trip.

AHH love Memento Mori- and that tank is so adorable!!

We made our way back to the front. I got stopped by Stitch. he was handing ok MK maps Portuguese version...:rotfl2:..Thanks....

TOO FUNNY! Sounds like you got some great laughs in!!

I had never had this tasty treat before. I sent this picture to a friend back home who has given me grief over not have tried it before. I think I need to find the one with rum for next trip!

I agree, I think that rum would give it just what it needs!

We found a spot outside at the tables to sit and people watch. We weren't in to big of a hurry because of the Wishes crowd trying to get out.

People watching is the best!

Great trip so far! I swore I commented here before, then again this move is making me crazy, so who knows!

Glad you guys had such a fun start to the trip.
I also thought you had too.. weird! I never realized how stressful moving really was until we did in September. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy! Hope things will start settling down for y'all soon! I had a busy week at work this past week so I am hoping to binge on some DIS TR while I'm off for a few days to get caught back up!

Joining in! I am also a twenty something with a hubs that loves Disney a little less than I do - but I am working on him! haha How fun you got to go with your cousin!

Did you all drive through the night? What pros! Enjoying the report so far! :)
Glad you are here! :banana: If you find the secret let me know! I've tried the food and wine approach, activities, and regular food but he is still a no go. He probably would go on our big family trip with his side of the family but his work is so crazy it's hard for him to take off.
Yep we drive through the night! It's so much easier since I'm used to being up anyways. Less traffic makes for a lot faster time!

I have never had a desire to eat a dole whip, but I also never knew rum was an option :) Perhaps I will check that out this December!!
I think they have them at AK and possibly the Poly?? I am going to have some research to do prior to our trip!

I only just read about the Kiss Goodnight maybe a year ago, and I really thought we would catch it on our trip last December because we planned to be there for a few late nights. Too bad we were too pooped and never actually made it to the end of a night!
Well I figured we would have already seen it because we usually take mid day naps and just stay out late. And out of all of our late nights at MK this was the first time and we weren't there any later than usual.

Amazing TR so far, I'm happy I stumbled upon it!
Happy to have you reading along!:wave:

SAME. Like, it's anxiety provoking. I have a list going right now that is taped to our suitcases of all the 'last minute' packing times (i.e. toothbrush, deodorant, etc)
Yes!! I'm at very type A and list and plans make me happy! I have designated Disney luggage that I keep most stuff in. But I have a list and then a mini list for stuff I'm lacking. Maybe anxiety is a loose term for me. :rotfl2:

Seriously?! Loving all the little pixie dustings you received :love:
Yes!!! I mean who would turn down a churro???

What a fun evening, I love your tshirt. Splash will be open for the first couple days of our next trip so we will have to ride it for sure!

I love Casey's hot dogs, we try to eat there at least once a trip.

Wishes is so wonderful, glad you enjoyed it with your friend, who had never been before. I always get tears in my eyes.

I love that seeing Wishes as ,any times as possible was a goal for this trip!

How fun that you guys saw a friend of yours too. I love random Disney meet ups! Being a south Floridan I've experienced a few, no DIS meets for me yet!

That chili dog!! My first trip to MK with DH we ate Casey's for dinner in Valentines Day (it's a long story) it turned out to be a pretty great experience! Lol!

An offsite adventure?! Interesting!

I love your Spalsh shirt! Do not tell me you made that one too, because so help,me I will be sending you orders whether you like it or not lol!
I've always wanted to catch the Kiss Goodnight but believe it or not I never have :( And just tonight while talking about our August trip Chris started complaining about how he hates staying in the parks late :rotfl2: ( love him so much) so it's no wonder I haven't seen it!
That's too sweet that your friend teared up, now she has to go back and see if HEA makes her feel the same way. Maybe you can plan that trip ;)
I bet I know where your off-site adventure was to! But I'm not telling :snooty:

What a fun evening, I love your tshirt. Splash will be open for the first couple days of our next trip so we will have to ride it for sure!

I love Casey's hot dogs, we try to eat there at least once a trip.
I actually ordered it off of Etsy.:flower1: Hopefully y'all will squeeze in a few rides on Splash before it closes for refurb!
I'm pretty sure you can't beat a Casey's hot dog anywhere in the world!

Love, love dole whip floats! They are my favorite non-dairy treat at Disney! :) Enjoying the report!
I'm really not sure why I've been missing out my entrie Disney life on the Dole Whip Float?!?! :confused3 Can't wait to share more soon!

I love that seeing Wishes as ,any times as possible was a goal for this trip!

How fun that you guys saw a friend of yours too. I love random Disney meet ups! Being a south Floridan I've experienced a few, no DIS meets for me yet!

That chili dog!! My first trip to MK with DH we ate Casey's for dinner in Valentines Day (it's a long story) it turned out to be a pretty great experience! Lol!

I mean I even went so far to download the soundtrack after this night. Priorities. :rotfl:In all the years I've been to Disney I've never seen anyone I knew. We've met a few from our area on the plane and stuff but this trip I saw 2 other families from my town that I had no idea they would be there. Let alone the same park that day.
You will have to share your Casey's story!

I love your Spalsh shirt! Do not tell me you made that one too, because so help,me I will be sending you orders whether you like it or not lol!
I've always wanted to catch the Kiss Goodnight but believe it or not I never have :( And just tonight while talking about our August trip Chris started complaining about how he hates staying in the parks late :rotfl2: ( love him so much) so it's no wonder I haven't seen it!
That's too sweet that your friend teared up, now she has to go back and see if HEA makes her feel the same way. Maybe you can plan that trip ;)
I bet I know where your off-site adventure was to! But I'm not telling :snooty:
Ahh I didn't make this one! Just bought it from Etsy. I actually don't think I made many for this trip at all. Believe it or not my free time has gotten smaller..:rotfl2:
I'm I am starting to wonder if Chris is even related to y'all!?!? Don't tell him I said that!
Megan said they are definitely hooked and will be going back as a family but she also wants to take a girls trip when her little one gets a smidge older! I love being able to share Disney with others!
Also I'm going to need to hear from you soon! :cool1:

DHS and a Little Offsite Adventure...

So we started the morning bright and early to rope drop DHS. We planned on hitting up everything else what we wanted to do that we might have missed Saturday night. We grabbed a quick breakfast in the room and headed out the door.
beC3ah2.jpg

We drove this morning because being at Pop we were so close to DHS. They hadn't started letting people in yet so we hopped in the much shorter AP entrance line to take advantage of that extra perk! We waited a short time before they let us in and then held us up at the Starbucks. We like to always take advantage of heading straight to Rockin Rollercoaster so we can ride together. We almost always use our FP+ for Toy Story. Finally we were let on in and walked with the mass crowd led by a CM down Sunset. We ended up walking right on and on the second ride of the day!

pbqM8H6.jpg

We also rode 2 more times in the single rider line without waiting.
At some point we took a selfie in line. Not sure which trip on the ride it was from but I figured I would throw it in here.
0iBa6wr.jpg

3NyWrA9.jpg

sDPBScS.jpg

After RNRC we headed over to meet Mickey and Minnie! We were already on day 3 and hadn't seen the big cheese once. Plus Sorcerer Mickey is my all time favorite Mickey!

MdVLM5f.jpg

vHQ32d0.jpg

After the M&G it was time for our first FP+ at TSMM. We rode on the old track this time. Chelsy won as usual. I actually was closer that usual though.
Our original plans had us hitting up The Voyage of the Little Mermaid. Since we had done it on Saturday we opted to hit up the Frozen Sing a Long. Last trip was the first time I had seen it and I LOVED it! I think the Royal Historians make the show! The guy we had in November was the best! We headed over and walked on through about 5 minutes until show time. We were told to head to the other side of the theatre that there were plenty of seats. We actually got pretty good seats close tot the front. As we were entering the row and filling in the empty space I heard someone say "Hey Whitney!" I was thinking surely they aren't talking to me. But I scanned the crowd and 2 rows in front of us was a girl from my town who we both had went to high school with. I literally had no idea she was going to be at Disney. The were staying the same dates as us but at Port Orleans. We chatted for a few minutes about our plans and then it was show time. I was kind of bummed we didn't have the same guy from last time.
Side note: Just about a week ago I was reading some comments on a Facebook group I am in and the guy's name is Ben. He actually has an Instagram account that he updates with his shows for the day. I will be checking it for our next trip so I'll be sure not to miss him!
Anywho the show was still pretty good and I very much enjoyed it!
We were headed to search for lunch and ran into
this guy...
ys9ZaI2.jpg

By this point it was almost 11 I think. We debated on lunch and decided on ABC Commissary. I wasn't a fan. I ended up getting the childs burger meal. It was cheap with our AP discount and did the job but it just wasn't tasty. We discussed what we wanted to do next and decided we wanted to head offsite since we had done most everything we wanted already in the 2 half days we had already spent in DHS. One of our favorite places to hit up is the Character Warehouse Outlet at Vineland. I always find some good deals there. We loaded up and headed to the car and put the address in my navigator. We were there in no time at all. Luckily it isn't a whole lot of traffic out during the day. I purchased a few items including these great deals..

I had been eyeing this shirt since it came out in Winter. I never bought it because I didn't really need another shirt but for the low price of $10 I couldn't pass it up!

I bought this Mickey Haunted Mansion ornament for $4.99, original was $19.99. I am crazy over Halloween and actually do a Halloween tree every year! I already have several Disney themed ornament for it and this will just be a perfect addiction.

ast but not least was my major deal of the day! I purchased these ears and bulb necklaces for my nieces. Our family trip is the week after Thanksgiving and I am going to do them a goody bag to give to them once we get there. I thought these would be perfect for the occasion! I think I remember the ears being $24ish dollars from last year and the necklaces were about $10 or 14. I can't remember exactly and the original wasn't listed on either....but....I got the ears for $3.99/pair and the necklaces were $1.99/each! Score!!
***Edited*** I have no idea where these pictures went...

We ended up going around to the Vera Bradley outlet while we were there. I made a few purchase there too but didn't take pictures. They did have a great sale going on with 50% retail with an extra 30% off of that.
We made our way back to the car and decided to make a quick trip to Target while we were out for some personal items. I was surprised that target had Disney souvenirs too! They weren't Disney parks official but still had some cute stuff for pretty cheap! Again traffic was easy and we were there in no time! After target we wanted to head back to the resort for some pool time. Once we got back we walked around to fill our cooler up with some ice from the machine. We took a look around the pool area in our 80's section.
tbIEGTA.jpg

6neljTI.jpg

oOfLyOC.jpg

I particularly enjoyed this section because I am an 80's baby. The pool area was very quite and pretty much just adults laying out by the pool. By this time it was pretty hot and our room was very cold. We opted out of pool time for a nap instead. Of course I am never going to turn down a good nap. :rotfl2:

Next up...
Going Rouge!

Last edited:
we hopped in the much shorter AP entrance line to take advantage of that extra perk!
I love this feature, we've used the AP line pretty much all the time last month.

! I think the Royal Historians make the show!
We've only seen the show once but the Royal Historians were pretty much the only part of the show I liked since I'm not a Frozen fan! I kind of want to see it again since I thought they were hysterical but Steve absolutely won't see it when it's just the two of us, so I'll have to try sweet-talking the boys into it in August. How well do you think that will work with Chris :rotfl:

I particularly enjoyed this section because I am an 80's baby.
OMG now I feel old. Not that this is news to you but I graduated high school in the '80's! If we ever stay at Pop that's the section I would request because the '80's RULE!!!!

I never mind that we don't have a car in Disney but I'd love to be able to go to the Character Warehouse more often than the one time I went in Feb. So much better than a plain old Disney outlet store!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!