No points left!

gracelrm

<font color=teal>Wow - you learn something new eve
We're out of points - as we are saving to take DH family next year. Anyway, we weren't planning on going this summer, but now DH wants to go and DS (just turned 3) cried last night to see Minnie Mouse. How can you say "no" to that? We were looking at the Fairy Tale Package and thinking it would be great to stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Just curious for those of you who have stayed there before - is the bus transportation bad from there? Is there a less expensive short order place (similar to Roaring Forks at WL)? If we do this, would we be better off driving to the parks instead of using the busses? I know we'll regret not having a 1 or 2 BR villa, but what the heck - we'll still be at Disney World!

I know what you mean - we did a 4-day dreammaker package this past winter for my birthday, because we used a ton of points last summer for an extended family trip! At least we got to try the Poly, which had always been a dream of ours.

Regarding AKL transportation - consider that you will not have to share the bus with other resorts. While we have not stayed at AKL, we *have* experienced the long route on the bus stopping at every Epcot resort in the circuit - BC, YC, Swan, Dolphin, BW.... it seemed interminable. I think it might be better in some ways to just get on the bus and travel straight there, even if it is a 15 minute drive.

Whatever you decide, have a great time. AKL is the other on my dream list, and though DVC spoils us all, AKL certainly seems special.

Hi,

I found the transportation at AKL excellent.

The average wait for a bus was 5 - 10 minutes. The only problem we had was back after Fanasmic - it was very crowded and a good 20-30 minute wait.. but it looked to me like all the hotels had people waiting for buses.

Also - no sharing on these buses - you go straight to the park.. it was about 15 minutes to MK... no time at all.

The bus to MGM also went to Blizzard Beach for a quick stop..

Mara - the food court - has the typical foods of any onsite food court.. it was just like POFQ and the sasparella grille at GF... salads, sandwiches, soups, burgers, hot dogs etc...

I hope you are able to stay there on the FTP... good luck - we don't want your little girl crying over Minnie, do we??

>>^..^<<

The bus transportation at the AKL was excellent. Although we had a car and we used the buses several times. The times we did take the buses, they were never crowded and we never had to wait more than 5 or 10 minutes. As for restaurants - there are 2 sit down ones & the food court. Jiko is dinner only and is expensive. Boma serves a breakfast (which is excellent) and dinner buffet. The food court has breakfast, lunch & dinner and has your usual items. The weather was terrible when we were there and we ate at the hotel several days. We did grow tired of the foods and asked for a room service omlette one evening for something different. They were very accomodating and the omlette was excellent! We love the AKL and highly recommend it. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter