No more wristbands?

keylime359

Mouseketeer
Disney has done away with EMH wristbands? How are they going to control the crowd now? And what about MNNSHP?

I saw that too. It says use your kttwc. So now every ride you have to pull your cards out? That's gonna be inconvenient to say the least. So many scammers have done things to get around Disney. They only have so many colors of the wristbands. People will take them off or rig a way to snap them so they're reusable. All you have to do is know what color to put on.

I saw that too - my first thought is that they get to sell more fancy little lanyard/ID holders this way!

Ahhhh, so that's why they decided to do away with them! I thought it might be because they were getting some confusion with some resort guests complaining because they weren't aware of the wrist bands being needed and showing up at rides without bands and complaining. Yes, I am sure it happens alot....which doesn't make sense to me because, how would they know you were a resort guest but...:sad2:

But it makes much more sense that they're trying to cut down on people fashioning their own bands. Too easy!!! But then again, couldn't they have a special wdw imprint all over them maybe with the date/time actually stamped into it? Much easier than resort ids! It's a pain in the watoosy as it is to have to fish that thing out at the CS and to get snacks, etc. I'm always so scared of losing it! :scared1:

No more wristbands for evening Extra Magic Hours. The plastic wristbands are bad for the landfills. Now, we will just have to show our resort ID's to be able to stay and ride.

I haven't heard specifically about the parties yet.

Its also cheaper now they don't have to give away all those bands. Plus they don't have to pay people to hand them out. Plus now we don't have to stand in line to get one:woohoo: .

Its also cheaper now they don't have to give away all those bands. Plus they don't have to pay people to hand them out. Plus now we don't have to stand in line to get one:woohoo: .

I agree. It is a way to save money on wristbands and staff. They use alot of people to place wristbands on visitors. Waiting in line sticks. We waited for 15 minutes to get ours last week and they had at least 8 CM's putting on bands. The line at HS (MGM) wrapped aroung the hat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter