No more MK Ferry to Transportation Center for me!!!

PandyPaws

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
...OK, so I left the MK last night at the worst possible moment...when the SpectroMagic parade ended
rolleyes.gif
I am otherwise pretty good at avoiding the crowds. Just bad timing, Ryan had had enough, falling asleep on his feet and suddenly not feeling good. I had waited out a FP for Martin to ride Thunder Mountain at 9:05 pm, then went to retrieve the stroller from under the Pirates que area (discovering one of our WDW sprayer/fans had been stolen
mad.gif
then made our way to the front of the park, weaving through the Main street gift shops.

Outside of the gates I am faced with the choice of Monorail (fuggedaboudit....the ramps were mobbed!!) or Ferry boat, not YET full but masses headed that way, so we joined the trek in that direction. The ramp lowered and gates opened, myself barely controlling the urge to "MOOOO" :p :p we shuffle our way onto the boat and stop when we can proceed no further, which leaves me standing between the wall of the stairway to my left, and the back of the benches to my right.

It is now that I look up and all around me to discover that the walls and ceiling of this boat are COVERED, and I do mean covered completely....with thousands, maybe millions of little, mosquito sized, winged, gnatty type insects
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
My heart skipped a beat, knowing that Ryan will freak at the sight of ONE FLY buzzing around him, imagining the worst (Screaming his head off and crying in sheer panic for the entire trip with this boat crammed full of people). Thankfully he either didnt notice, for being surrounded & crammed in by adults blocking his view, or he was simply too tired....however, as soon as the boat embarked all it took was one precocious little girl with a spray bottle and an itchy trigger finger to set these things in motion, flying and swirling and landing in hair and on arms and faces, folks swatting and slapping themselves...it was truly awful! Too many people, nobody could go anywhere, and all I wanted to do (and probably every one ELSE on that boat as well) was RUN!! ACK!!!! Finally on the other side....and off the boat, everyone walking as fast as they can away from these winged monsters!!

YIKES, Never again will I drive over there....buses ONLY to the MK from now on!!!! :o ;)

YIKES!!!!!! Sounds like everyone probably walked away with thousands of nice little bites!!!!! ICKY

Oh PP, I'm so sorry to hear about your experience (and the stolen sprayer):(

I'm sorry, but I'm LOL at your more than vivid description tho;)

I hope you are otherwise having a great time!

And of course a trip report is pending, right:confused: ;)

Hope you don't have any bites today....:(

Do what we do - we take the monorail to the Contemporary, then it stops at the TTC. MUCH MUCH less crowded and I don't think I've ever had to wait to get on the cars. It takes a little longer than the MK to TTC route, but it's in the AC, what's to loose? :D:D

Thanks for the warning!!! I hate bugs, don't ask me why I live in TX! LOL! We WILL use the buses on our next trip!

99 & Shep, thankfully no bites!! I have NO idea what they were, but they were nasty enough just swirling around!! Ew, Ew, Ew!! Too bad they can't turn off the lights inside those ferrys, I imagine that's what creates the problem.

Yepod, my trip reports are always in the form of pictures. I haven't posted any yet because I left my film-reader adaptor at home :rolleyes: However DH has mailed it to me, it should arrive by today or tomorrow :cool:

I was reading your post wondering why you would drive to the MK. The buses are so convenient and it's so nice to have the Swan/Dolphin bus right up front. :D

Hope you didn't get too many bug bites.

Jfulcer, let me stress again...ALL ramps to the monorails were crammed....even the resort one. i usually do JUST that as you describe! The MK was so packed yesterday, there was actually a LINE for the Peoplemover :rolleyes: and a pretty long line at that!

Mattsmom, your signature shows you're coming in Oct...I doubt the problem will exist then :)

Lisa....ya know, I just did it on a whim...I have difficulty hoisting the stroller UP onto the bus myself, while juggling the junk that's put in it (bag of ponchos, sprayer fans, camera, etc) I just thought I'd try it by car this time.....ugh, lesson learned ;)

Sounds like you need a pack mule, not a stroller. ;) :teeth:

Originally posted by PandyPaws
....However DH has mailed it to me, it should arrive by today or tomorrow :cool:

Thank goodness you will have it for the last 75% of your stay. ;)

Glad you made it out safely, Donna. I believe in the buses also. :)

Eek!! :eek:

You just gave me a good reason *NOT* to ride the ferrys!!

I would have just hung around the park a bit later, even if it was just sitting down somewhere on Main Street or over by Town Hall and waiting for the crowds to die down just a little. I've had to do that before when timing was bad :)

BLEH!!! :eek: I believe I would've been using some very non-Disney language on that ferry.

I know! I know! We were there last week, and the ferry ride was soooo disgusting. Everyone was flapping their hands. It's like on a refugee boat. Not to mention, we have to wait for 2 boats before our turn. Kids screaming, hot, smelly, bugs.... :(

Disney should try to do something about this (I know it's nature). You don't want guests to start getting west niles disease.

We drove because we have 5 adults, and we thought it would be faster. The last time I drove to MK was 10 years ago, and I completely forgot how bad the deal was. Never again.

Sounds like a horendous trip!!! I think I'll avoid that method of transport now. YIKES! :eek:

On the 4th of July, we rode the ferry across to TTC at night and the walls were just solid full of them. I thought once the boat started to move they would fly away, but they stayed. I guess with those lights and everything else dark, there isn't any other place for them to go.

George

Yikes! Good thing Ryan didn't notice. I was at MK last Monday and it was packed. The rest of the days it was fine. Avoid MK on Mondays!:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter