No More Free Parking for Resale

Noah_t

Mouseketeer
Someone on the Aulani forum posted that while they were at the resort a Cast Member informed them that if they did not have a blue card then they were not eligible for free parking. I always believed this to be a right that came with the deed and was not a perk able to be taken away. I would love some edification on this matter.
Thanks in advance.

Ha, too funny!!! Must be coming from a sales member. If true (which I know it's not), I will be raising a stink with DVC.

Great3

I read that post, but I understood it to mean something different for Aulani. I assumed they had a different parking structure.... apparently I assumed incorrectly.

Everything is different at Aulani. However, dues do pay a shared area expense that may or may not include the parking lot.

I have actually heard this about Aulani, but it comes down to Hawaii law and what "shared areas" means for their dues. If it's only the pools, okay.

It's definitely not the case in Orlando, and if you're on points at VGC parking is covered.

I have actually heard this about Aulani, but it comes down to Hawaii law and what "shared areas" means for their dues. If it's only the pools, okay.

It's definitely not the case in Orlando, and if you're on points at VGC parking is covered.

They stated that point stayes had parking included up to 2 vehicles at Aulani. Like the other properties the dues paid their portion of maintenance in the parking structure. Cash stays always paid for parking at Aulani.

Everything is different at Aulani. However, dues do pay a shared area expense that may or may not include the parking lot.

If dues from AUL owners don't pay for maintenance of the parking structure, then why would direct owners get to park for free (if the report is indeed true)? Does DVD cover the cost for direct owners out of its own pocket? It's either free parking for all owners (direct & resale) or not.

LAX

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter